Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:20:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is Bitcoin in 15 Seconds  (Read 3146 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 12:51:53 AM

One may claim that I'm rehashing the ole what-is-Bitcoin elevator pitch, but I beg to differ.

The following quote is of the last paragraph found here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2012/07/17/how-to-pitch-anything-in-15-seconds/

I cannot emphasize enough how well this works. And I’ve seen it work for extremely complicated products and concepts. In fact the more complex your idea, the more important it is to create a Message Map. You need to pitch your story simply, clearly, and concisely. The message map is your winning ticket.

The linked article is a relatively quick read, and would need to be read in its entirety to fully appreciate its approach and participate in this thread. Its author, Carmine Gallo, a Forbes contributor, espouses how to pitch anything in 15 seconds using a Message Map. An accompanying video is also available, basically outlining everything mention in the penned article.

The goal of this thread is to create such a 15 second pitch for Bitcoin via message mapping, crowdsourcing this endeavor with members herein.

~Bruno~

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 01:38:14 AM

Bitcoin is financial freedom.

Wealth preservation.
1. Decentralized
2. Algorithmic, not politics
3. Finite supply, not endless dilution

Global mobility.
1. Transfers in an hour, anywhere
2. Account control
3. Spend freely, no restrictions

P2P Security.
1. Worldwide transaction vetting
2. Backed by math, not corporations
3. Security upgrades as needed

There's my try....

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
bg002h
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1047

I outlived my lifetime membership:)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 01:42:27 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2012, 01:43:57 AM by bg002h

Here's a start: Bitcoin is a new way to send money over the Internet. It's just like cash, so there is no credit card company or bank to take a fee, delay payment, or reverse transactions. Because it's like cash, payments can remain private.

Hardforks aren't that hard. It’s getting others to use them that's hard.
1GCDzqmX2Cf513E8NeThNHxiYEivU1Chhe
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:09:49 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2012, 11:08:49 AM by hazek

Bitcoin is the first completely transparent self-governing digital currency.

It's a good money:
-limited supply
-highly portable
-divisible
-durable
-recognizable
-irreversible
-pseudonymous

It's autonomous:
-controlled by it's own algorithm
-governed by the laws of math and psychics
-decentralized
-open source
-unownable

It's highly accessible:
-it's indiscriminate in who can use it
-very low fees
-free software
-transactions can't be stopped or blocked

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 02:22:02 AM

That's the spirit above posters! BTW, this thread did not stem from evoorhees' current thread, although there are parallels.

~Bruno~
Serith

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:40:05 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2012, 01:41:43 PM by Serith

Remember that we are limited to concepts that already known to someone we are trying to educate.
This one is 16 seconds:

Bitcoin is a new kind of currency, that was designed for Internet era.
Bitcoin transaction is like an email that you can send over Internet to anyone, so it's very cheap, available 24/7 and nothing can stop you from using it.
weex
Legendary

Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:56:06 AM

Bitcoin is a revolutionary Internet currency that comes with its own payment network. What email did to the written word, Bitcoin will do for money by enabling fast, cheap, and reliable global payments. The best part is, you're hearing about this before the first real angel round. Do you have a couple minutes to learn more?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:09:05 AM

One may claim that I'm rehashing the ole what-is-Bitcoin elevator pitch, but I beg to differ.

The following quote is of the last paragraph found here: http://www.forbes.com/sites/carminegallo/2012/07/17/how-to-pitch-anything-in-15-seconds/

I cannot emphasize enough how well this works. And I’ve seen it work for extremely complicated products and concepts. In fact the more complex your idea, the more important it is to create a Message Map. You need to pitch your story simply, clearly, and concisely. The message map is your winning ticket.

The linked article is a relatively quick read, and would need to be read in its entirety to fully appreciate its approach and participate in this thread. Its author, Carmine Gallo, a Forbes contributor, espouses how to pitch anything in 15 seconds using a Message Map. An accompanying video is also available, basically outlining everything mention in the penned article.

The goal of this thread is to create such a 15 second pitch for Bitcoin via message mapping, crowdsourcing this endeavor with members herein.

~Bruno~

Is it wrong that I find it hilarious that it takes the guy 4 minutes and 35 seconds to explain why a 15 second pitch is valuable?  Cheesy
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 04:16:19 AM

~Bruno~

Is it wrong that I find it hilarious that it takes the guy 4 minutes and 35 seconds to explain why a 15 second pitch is valuable?  Cheesy

Is it further wrong to believe the guy has no concept of time and may be in the process for the past few months publishing a magazine?  Grin

I'm enjoying the discussion to date. Fine work, all.

~Bruno~
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 04:18:01 AM

~Bruno~

Lol me too. Maybe it was proving his point though, I didn't quite turn it off at 15 seconds, but I think I would have still gotten the point.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 04:18:22 AM

~Bruno~

Is it further wrong to believe the guy has no concept of time and may be in the process for the past few months publishing a magazine?  Grin

I'm enjoying the discussion to date. Fine work, all.

~Bruno~

Haha, that too, maybe he thought it was only 15 seconds.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 04:58:40 AM

Bitcoin is diametrically opposed to all existing electronic currencies. It is "unseizable digital gold". There is a fixed supply of coins. Transfers are irreversible. It runs over a peer-to-peer network, not under the control of any company.
goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 02:34:07 PM

"Bitcoin is digital cash. It can be used worldwide across borders and will replace conventional money over the next years. It gives you the power to become economically free from centralized authority."

"Digital cash" is the catch-all phrase that works best for me.

World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 03:19:43 PM

#bitcoin is

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:21:04 PM

1. Transfers in an hour, anywhere

I wouldn't point to this. In a second - very good. In a minute - not so good but still acceptable. In an hour - too long for our fast-paced world.
Taz

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 04:54:06 PM

If you're in Beijing and I'm in New York, I can give you money, straight from me to you, no middle man.
It's instant and toll free.

("Instant" and "free" of course are two words that are never strictly true.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 06:06:06 PM

BITCOIN FTW!!!

'nuff said.

Leaving 10 seconds for some sweet lovin...

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 06:41:53 PM

Nice thread! I missed it when it first came out. Something diffidently for this to be build upon either there or here. It doesn't matter.

~Bruno~
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 10:48:44 PM

I would quote infamous Bruce Wagner:
suitcases full of cash!!!

Grin

-
Chalkbot
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:58:33 PM

Just received this email from my wife:

"I have been trying to explain bit-coins to Caryn and I realized I have no real understanding of what they are."

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: