Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:58:03 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First day I have doubts  (Read 3121 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 04:00:34 PM

You guys are pussies. We are still on the lunatic fringe. Give it 2 years like Andreas said. If in 2 years things look the same, then you can start considering jumping off tall buildings.
Imagine a guy holding 100 BTC and seeing the price drop from 600$ to 200$. I won't call them pussies.

i would
Arnab biswas

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:02:27 PM

some day bitcoin or any other crypticurrency will cross $1000 that's true because it is spreading wastly......but it will cause a lot of problems to...

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼ █████████████████ ███████████████ sec◔nds trade █████████████████ ███████████████ ↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓[/ url]
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:27:03 PM

Only invest what you can afford to loose. Then you have no reason to panic or to loose faith etc 'cause it doesn't matter that much.
To me it seems a few people are overinvested.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:30:56 PM

I´m feeling with you. I gave up my hope for BTC weeks ago.  Undecided

LoL.

I have to wonder what criteria you base your conclusions on...price ?

Price wil not determine Bitcoin's future - it never has. Take a look back at 2011 on Bitcointalk. There were hundreds of messages like these lamenting the "collapse" from $5 to $1 and concluding that bitcoin was dead.

Meanwhile, there's never been so much VC capital gone into this sector in history.
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 06:44:00 PM

People giving up hope is a sign of reaching the bottom, slowly but surely. My own indicator is not looking at the forum for weeks. That's still some time away.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 07:36:10 PM

People giving up hope is a sign of reaching the bottom, slowly but surely. My own indicator is not looking at the forum for weeks. That's still some time away.

Fun indicator - personally I'm checking here once a day maybe three days a week instead of multiple times every day.  The last time I was at that point was during the summer of 2013, which was also super boring.
mnl92

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:28:06 PM

Fun indicator - personally I'm checking here once a day maybe three days a week instead of multiple times every day.  The last time I was at that point was during the summer of 2013, which was also super boring.

Then we'll know we're at the bottom when bitcointalk only gets 5 posts a day.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 10:52:00 PM

Then we'll know we're at the bottom when bitcointalk only gets 5 posts a day.

I'm intrigued by this predicted desolation. Even down in the doldrums there'll always be new folks arriving and asking questions and you can always depend on trolls to keep the volume up.
trackermut

Activity: 62

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:14:21 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 12:36:21 AM by trackermut

Very hard not to have concerns when reading the troll filled forums daily,i know. Good to take a break and consider why you originally invested, make your own choice (forums good to read but make it your choice ) have faith hold if not sell and don't look back. Myself bitcoin has always been a fun gamble with great tech, put in what i can afford to loose, plus side at these prices greatly out weighs possible loss to me. Best of luck op in your choice.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:16:41 AM

Well today I am having doubts.... If Bitcoin were to dwindle and fail, is this what it would look/feel like?Huh

I feel this is train is going nowhere, too many people on board and the track and engine just weren't designed well enough...... we are stuck and devs and miners don't want to improve fast enough.

Not trolling but definitely losing confidence today.....

Its gonna look and feel like its been looking and feeling for the last 12 months!
fonzie

Activity: 504

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:19:17 AM

Well today I am having doubts.... If Bitcoin were to dwindle and fail, is this what it would look/feel like?Huh

I feel this is train is going nowhere, too many people on board and the track and engine just weren't designed well enough...... we are stuck and devs and miners don't want to improve fast enough.

Its gonna look and feel like its been looking and feeling for the last 12 months!

That´s a pretty optimistic view  Undecided

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:20:13 AM

Don't worry so much.  On one hand, you might just say that we're getting back to normal after the wild ride the speculators took us on.  Notice that transaction volume and network hashrate are basically stable or growing.  People are still interested in bitcoin and it will be around for a long time to come.  They hype will come and go as is normal.  Think about other important community projects like GNU/Linux.  Sometimes Linux was in the news as 'oh my god it's gonna take over windows, Bill Gates is crying at night!', sometimes people were saying 'oh my god this is the year that all Linux users have a heart attack and die at once'.   In the end, neither one of those was true.
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:27:29 AM

That´s a pretty optimistic view  Undecided

Its kinda hard to be optimistic with btc in the shiter. I mean, Im still in the green but what about everyone who bought in above $250? Most of those guys must be crying buckets today.  On the other hand I do have cold wallets put away for 10 and 20 years. So if btc does pop and goes somewhere I'll be locked in for the ride. If it goes to zero I'd be cool with that too as I've taken way more profit then I stand to lose with my cold wallets going to zero.
sed

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:29:30 AM

That's the spirit, Bob!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 12:33:56 AM

That's the spirit, Bob!

Grin

Thanks bud. You da man!
DaBitcoinGuy

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 01:05:45 AM

Doubt is normal, but the more people doubt the more they fear.  Fear leads to panic and panic leads to depression.

This is a new age, set aside your doubt and fears and watch this age grow.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:21:43 AM

if this ship goes down.  i'm going with it.  telln the band to start playing now.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 4603

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:41:41 AM

if this ship goes down.  i'm going with it.  telln the band to start playing now.

And the band begins to play...

PseudoCode

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 03:57:20 AM

The real pussies are the ones crying hard because the coins they bought while riding the most recent up-wave arent worth the 5x or 10x they were hoping for *right now.

The bears/trolls saying "see, told you so ! you should have sold at X" arent even worthy of serious contempt.. they're just laughable at.

Its as if these people arent even aware of the availability of the history of Bitcoins price charts (*not value) and the proof that it has already done this several times, and will likely continue to do it again and again for quite a while yet.

Thanks to human nature (majority just trying to make a quick buck without any real understanding of what they are doing it *with) and the design of bitcoin being inflexible in supply (which is a positive point in the long term, and negative in the short term), the price will very likely *continue to oscillate with a gradually decreasing amplitude (on a *logarithmic scale) over a period of *decades.

Every time it booms, a swarm of newcomers grab coins not wanting to "miss the train/boat/whatever", driving the price into a wild upswing.  then some traders take profits, sending it down, and the short-term thinkers panic and jump out again, sending it down faster causing a big dip.

Trolls and chicken-littles like to use terms like "Crash, Bubble, Ponzi" etc without any consideration of the fact that this behaviour was anticipated and expected a long time before they stuck their heads up and started venting their opinions..  

Anyone with a basic understanding of economics would predict this cycle of surge and drop-back as adoption and market penetration grows, given a limited-supply item like bitcoin.  Its *not like other money that can be printed at will to smooth out surges - and can also be printed at will to *steal value from those with savings without them being able to do anything about it.

If you johnny-come-lately profit-seekers's actually bothered to actually look into the history of bitcoin and think about it, you would realise that these waves are a predicted and *necessary phase of its adoption, which I think is proceeding quite well.

I realise its hard to be rational in this place, surrounded by so many doom-sayers and hype boosters, its like trying to be calm in a room full of manic-depressive shouting people.

Realise that right now the price *is largely pure speculation, with a gradually but consistently increasing base of actual *value as infrastructure grows steadily.

Try widening your viewpoint over a longer period than just the last cycle (regardless of where you jumped on board), think about the tech, whether there is anything better or even comparable on the horizon, ignore the alt-coins fraudsters hawking their wares, the obvious trolls who are probably talking their book to try and short with maximum profits, and see if you think that this technology has potential to change the worlds finance systems for the better.

If you do, back it to whatever you feel comfortable, dont be stupid and risk your lifes savings in the hope of future profit (or if you do, dont come crying here, it was your decision to do so), and avoid the "I have lost all hope !" Emo B.S. because the price wave is currently going down lower than what you paid.

Grow up, open your eyes, look at the big picture and think for yourself, or you will always get taken for a ride by whoever shouts the loudest and manages to convince the ignorant short term thinkers that "everyone else is doing <x>, you should too!"
monkeygang

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 04:19:11 AM

definitely best to sell all coins! this thing is tanking bitcoin will be gone before surise..or sunset depending
where in the world you live. Cool

monkeygang.. you cant join. your already a member
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: