Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:35:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: First day I have doubts  (Read 3121 times)
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:45:13 AM

Well today I am having doubts.... If Bitcoin were to dwindle and fail, is this what it would look/feel like?Huh

I feel this is train is going nowhere, too many people on board and the track and engine just weren't designed well enough...... we are stuck and devs and miners don't want to improve fast enough.

Not trolling but definitely losing confidence today.....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:51:34 AM

Waiting for people to come in and say not be in it for the price Tongue
Anyways, if you aren't able to cope with the swings, its always adviced to hold a small amount, for which swings won't make a big difference.
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 11:54:36 AM

I´m feeling with you. I gave up my hope for BTC weeks ago.  Undecided

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
cazkooo
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1013

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:04:07 PM

Well today I am having doubts.... If Bitcoin were to dwindle and fail, is this what it would look/feel like?Huh

I feel this is train is going nowhere, too many people on board and the track and engine just weren't designed well enough...... we are stuck and devs and miners don't want to improve fast enough.

doubt isnt really my area
since i am using bitcoin as an instrument for daily trade thus im saving a few in cold wallet
in few years from now, all our bitcoin could worth millions of dollars, or could be worthless, no one can really speculate this
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:09:18 PM

You should always consider and maybe doubt the future, but does that override why you got involved with bitcoin in the first place?
Do you really think that Crypto isn't a part of the future?
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 12:15:52 PM

There is a saying along these parts that goes, who panics first panic best.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:21:43 PM

You should always consider and maybe doubt the future, but does that override why you got involved with bitcoin in the first place?
But how do you argue the fact, that if I am holding it, I would lose money ?
Professor Plums

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:32:25 PM

If you're losing confidence then there's likely nothing we can do to convince you. IF you think bitcoin is failing then go with your gut and get out whilst you can. However, there are plenty of people that can see past the troubles and see the future potential of bitcoin but you're never going to succeed if you don't take risks.
HarmonLi

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:52:02 PM

Phew... this is difficult. I really don't know in which stage of grief I am anymore... Thing is... sometimes you have to stick to your investments and ride them through. Imagine someone in November 2011 selling all their coins at $2.5...
I may be in stage 1, if this goes belly-up. But I actually accepted the fact that this may lead nowhere. I didn't put any borrowed money in BTC, so I'm not in debt. I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Tsquared

Activity: 500
Merit: 501

http://digitalcoin.org/

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 12:53:07 PM

I still have confidence in the concept, but the novelty has definitely worn off. The last mile, true integration into the global economy, has certainly been tough.

TT
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 12:55:37 PM

Well, I used to develop that kind of feeling after seeing the price crash from 500 to where it is right now. To lift my own confidence I would just tell myself to look forward long term instead of hoping the price would miraculously rise tomorrow. Wait for the halving, that is what I look forward to right now.

BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:13:21 PM

You guys are pussies. We are still on the lunatic fringe. Give it 2 years like Andreas said. If in 2 years things look the same, then you can start considering jumping off tall buildings.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:23:29 PM

People should calm down and relax. Be patient.

Do you guys really expect the Bitcoin price will sky-rocket back to +$300 level??

Come on, a lot has happened in this year already, current price is a fair reflection of what is going on right now.

If you can't handle it, sell your coins, and then you don't have to worry anymore.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:29:23 PM

What took you so long?

Waiting for people to come in and say not be in it for the price Tongue
Anyways, if you aren't able to cope with the swings, its always adviced to hold a small amount, for which swings won't make a big difference.
Don't be stupid. People don't fiddle with money systems without trying to make money on it.

Waiting for people to grow some common sense.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 02:33:09 PM

But how do you argue the fact, that if I am holding it, I would lose money ?
My first coin, two of them in fact, was bought at $150 $135. Then I sold at a higher price just to see if this was a real thing. And then I bought them back again at a loss (used a broker at the time, was really new).

The price is higher than it was, even now. Just depends on the timescale you look at. Stop wasting your time here and go read up on the tech, the economic theory, how it compares to the actual workings of fiat, the infrastructure being built and then add it all up. Make your own, informed, decision.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
lolled

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:08:48 PM

You guys are pussies. We are still on the lunatic fringe. Give it 2 years like Andreas said. If in 2 years things look the same, then you can start considering jumping off tall buildings.
Imagine a guy holding 100 BTC and seeing the price drop from 600$ to 200$. I won't call them pussies.

avw1982

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:11:19 PM

Imagine a guy holding 100 BTC and seeing the price drop from 600$ to 200$. I won't call them pussies.

Nope I call him a bad trader. He better sold it @ 600 and bought it tripled back @ 200.
Inotanewbie

Activity: 252

www.CloudThink.IO

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 03:17:53 PM

Oh dear BTC has lost a few dollars everyone should quit now, no future for Btc only mintcoin is going to go places, RIP BTC it was god while it lasted  Lips sealed

Head up dude it's not all bad we are flying threw space at roughly 30 km/ 18 miles a 'second' with no seat belt no insurance and well just be greatful you are hear to lose a few dollars raahahahaha

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
DieJohnny (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:26:22 PM

What signs are there that the devs can keep Bitcoin current? They can't even agree to increase something as stupid as the block size......

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3456
Merit: 4425

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 03:55:30 PM

Why doubts? We're still in the start-up fase.

Airliners + Bitcoin= perfect match  Cheesy

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-bitnet-260-airlines-uatp/
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: