Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:56:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Scrypt Coin Miners - stop wasting hash and start making more money!  (Read 13696 times)
vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:45:45 PM

Hey Jeff , Im on the verge of buying smarterhash for my 4 sets of Titans batch 2. Im at about 1800Mhs +/- and the only question I had is, how can I get a current list of the coins being mined now and in the future?

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
lifeforcepools (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 05:48:42 PM

well - I have no ideas what coins will be released in the future but here's our current list and we're fairly aggressive when it comes to creating pools for new 'legitimate looking' scrypt coins.

thanks for asking:

http://pools.smarterhash.com

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 06:05:44 PM

As a smaller miner, Smarterhash is the best thing I've ever done.
I looked at it when it first came out and thought ....Meh, I can do that on my own, I always have.
Broke down a while back when the money back guarantee came out.

It's a tool, that used properly, helps you decide what do with the hash you have.
It's a fact....most miners are just spinning their wheels , hashing away on coins at high difficulty and low block release against other miners doing the same.

If you want your hash to mean something ....get Smarterhash.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:14:41 PM

well - I have no ideas what coins will be released in the future but here's our current list and we're fairly aggressive when it comes to creating pools for new 'legitimate looking' scrypt coins.

thanks for asking:

http://pools.smarterhash.com

Ok I REALLY like your list. You certainly have done your homework. Just a few more questions, and Ill sign up.

1. Im on another site I wont say the name out of respect for your business, but it too mines scrypt coins and pays out directly to each coin wallet. I REALLY like this style. On that site they have Tagcoin. It does really well , and It is a large portion of my profit. Any particular reason you dont have it? I see you have Bitcoinfast, which is pretty much dead, and is only listed on 1 exchange and thats cryptopia (crap exchange) . Would it not be better to switch this with the highly profitable tag?
This site also tells me how much I earned in past 24 hrs in BTC and USD. Does smarterhash do that?

2. Im a big fan of Bottlecaps and Hobonickels. I know there can be an occasion that it can be profitable. Any chance of getting bottlecaps added? I know its probably not the most profitable coin, but I trust Tranz and his coins.

3. How are you with feedback from your clients regarding coin changes? Ill be honest, Ill probably email you my thoughts on the coin list on a regular basis. Not that you even have to make ALL the changes I request, but perhaps some? Ill ALWAYS state my reasons.

4. I follow crypto on an hourly basis. Ill write a review on my site after 30 days or 60 days if you like.It is ranked on google result usually #1 , 2, and sometimes #3 for any coin search. www.bitcoinlasvegas.net . Youll get some great exposure there. I Average about 2000 hits/week

5. Am I correct that smarterhash pays to each individual wallet and NOT in btc every 24 hrs. I will join the multipool, and let smarterhash switch for me.

Jeff if you want to know the name of the other pool to look at it, pm me.

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:16:39 PM

As a smaller miner, Smarterhash is the best thing I've ever done.
I looked at it when it first came out and thought ....Meh, I can do that on my own, I always have.
Broke down a while back when the money back guarantee came out.

It's a tool, that used properly, helps you decide what do with the hash you have.
It's a fact....most miners are just spinning their wheels , hashing away on coins at high difficulty and low block release against other miners doing the same.

If you want your hash to mean something ....get Smarterhash.

I trust Jeff, and have only heard great things about Smarterhash. Lord knows I spent a fortune on my rig, so $150 to get the most out of it makes total sense.

Vegas

lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:20:47 PM

we have people with 14 mh/s and one guy with 24 GH/s so we have a great mix of users of the site

one thing I do want to make perfectly clear is that SMH (Smarterhash) does not do automatic switching of your workers for you.

when I say automatic I mean ...something that it does on it's own without any input from you.

If it switched everyone - everyone would lose.

here's an except from a recent email I sent to our subscribers.

My goal in creating SmarterHash was to give all SmarterHash subscribers a very powerful and distinct advantage over all other scrypt coin miners and access to  tools and data and that allow our members the creativity to tailor the tools to meet their individual mining needs and goals. Not everyone always mines strictly for profits, sometimes we mine a coin because Network Hash is low and we know from our own research that a particular coin price may be depressed and SmarterHash lets us know that now is a great time to get a large % of network hash to accumulate as many coins as possible. And sometimes we want to mine purely for profit!

Which brings up the question "Does it mine the most profitable coin automatically?" The entire notion of a "Profit Switching Multi Pool" is counter-intuitive and self defeating when you really think about it. If you want to make a profit, you find the highest yielding coin with the lowest network hash, you don't take everyone in your pool and throw them at a certain coin. The only thing accomplished by doing this is offering fewer coins to everyone involved since there's more competition for blocks - it's absurd.

The basic problem is this: if you take everyone's hash and throw it all at a coin they have to leave another coin to mine this coin. As soon as they leave the other coin, it's network hash drops and it's profitability per Mh/s increases and you wind up constantly switching everyone from coin to coin. Furthermore, just because a coin has a high value does not mean you can sell it for that value since values change constantly and it takes time for the coins to be confirmed in the pools wallet before they be transferred to your wallet.

What SmarterHash offers is the ability to be as 'clever' and 'creative' as you can be in terms of  discovering and selecting which coins are most profitable or suit your mining goals the best. That is our philosophy - we empower our members to be more profitable than other miners who do not have access to SmarterHash. Even if you never make use of our Alerts and Strategies, your advantages over other miners is incredible because we give you real time accurate estimates based on real time block chain data and real time coin values - this information cannot be found anywhere else. That is our philosophy - to empower you!

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
lifeforcepools (OP)

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:29:09 PM

Please take a look at our most recent video on Youtube about how to use our Alerts and Strategies...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFCBdKisEyA

▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████ ▄█▄ ██████
██████ █████ ██████
█████ ▄ ███ ▄ █████
████▌▐██ █ ██▌▐████
███▄ ▀▀▌ ▐▀▀ ▄███
▀████▄▄ ▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
vegasguy
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 06:44:32 PM

Ok well.. I think the best way is to just try it.

Vegas

damm315er

Activity: 539
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:25:01 PM

Ok well.. I think the best way is to just try it.

Vegas

You will be a happy camper..  Smarterhash will pay for itself in increased mining payouts before you know it.

I'm running under 20 mh/s, and my 2-year plan has paid for itself already.   Grin
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 09:06:20 PM

Big cheering crowd.  Just make sure you don't print anything bad about the site. 

I noted that he was using the wrong SONG coin wallet (the one that C-Cex was not using - which is what mattered) and he promptly refunded my money with a little rant about me being on his case all the time.

Also, you only get 2 separate workers with the subscription.  Each additional worker is something like $12.49 additional a year.  But I believe you can send all your miners to one worker, etc.

I think the system seems pretty cool for those with hash less than 250Mh/s -- but when you get into multiple Gh/s -- it doesn't give you accurate results (at least not for me).  From what I've seen it does not take into account what happens when you start to mine a coin with a lot of hash -- thus raising the difficulty and then making it less profitable.

Also --- perhaps this is fixed - but at the time, payments to each coin's wallet could not be set to different thresholds.  They were all the same value -- which was nuts.  But I think it is fixed now.

Again - it is kind of neat -- but I couldn't use it effectively for my 2.5Gh/s mining farm.  Then I criticized (in a more polite type way) and got banned (with refund -- which is fine) - but it could have been handled differently.

smarterhash

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 01:51:16 AM

One might think that with the recent dramatic rise in value of LTC that it would be the most profitable coin to might and that would be true if you have at least 2 GH/s of mining  power to mine with.

However if you don't have that kind of mining power there are other coins pay better.

For 100 MH/s of mining power - LTC is actually 5th on the list in terms of profitability

at 250 MH/s of mining power - LTC ranks 4th.

And Smarterhash tells you which coins are most profitable for your mining power. Of course if you only purchase a subscription that is far less than your mining power you are not going to get the right recommendations.

That's why we offer 4 different subscription levels - in order to keep cost in line with potential revenue to be fair to all miners regardless of your mining power.

In fact with 600 MH/s of mining power I'm mining a coin right now that's paying .00052666 BTC/Day/MH - $80.57 / day off 600 MH/s Smiley

smarterhash

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 09:17:15 PM

Such a stupid payment plan, they would easily increase their users by ten fold if they had dual options of 50$ a month or a 10-15% fee.

not sure I understand your suggestion. Where is $50/month better than $49.95 / year?

just trying to understand your recommendation - thanks!

smarterhash

View Profile
June 18, 2015, 11:45:39 PM

Such a stupid payment plan, they would easily increase their users by ten fold if they had dual options of 50$ a month or a 10-15% fee.

not sure I understand your suggestion. Where is $50/month better than $49.95 / year?

just trying to understand your recommendation - thanks!

I was misinformed on the price, 50 a year isn't bad but a 10% fee seems like a good side solution.

well - the problem there is that there is no requirement that you mine in our pools. People can learn which coins pay best for their hash rate on SMH (Smarterhash), but are free to mine anywhere they choose.
damm315er

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 03:26:03 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 03:47:33 PM by damm315er

Yup, I will take a second and praise Smarterhash..

Smarterhash recently capitalized on a coin launch.  Correction, Smarterhash MINERS just capitalized on a coin launch, when Smarterhash was the only pool ready at coin launch.

The coin developers mis-calculated the launch, and in one day I mined what would take me over 6 months to mine at the current hash-rate. (after everybody else caught up)

This, is what having a service like Smarterhash is all about, it pays for itself!!! (over and over again)

hdmediaservices

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:51:44 PM

Smarterhash recently capitalized on a coin launch.  Correction, Smarterhash MINERS just capitalized on a coin launch, when Smarterhash was the only pool ready at coin launch.

The coin developers mis-calculated the launch, and in one day I mined what would take me over 6 months to mine at the current hash-rate. (after everybody else caught up)

This, is what having a service like Smarterhash is all about, it pays for itself!!! (over and over again)

Ok - so you mined a ton of coins.  How much did they sell for???

damm315er

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:20:18 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 06:49:06 PM by damm315er

Ok - so you mined a ton of coins.  How much did they sell for???

No intelligent miner would trash a new coin by dumping like that, that's a stupid rookie move..  I would be offended that you even suggested it, except that you're a known SMH hater.

There's much more profit to be made by holding.  You know that, and I know that.  For you to suggest dumping just shows you want to twist for your own advantage, and show a negative any way that you can.

But just to rub it in a little, if the coin ever makes it to near 600 sats, 1 day's mining will make the same btc that my 2 year smarterhash subscription cost me.  So SMH would pay for itself for the 3rd time, in 7 months.

-edit- Correction: subtract about $3 from the possible profits, as I rented a little hash once the diff started climbing, but before the rest of the pools joined, to boost my tally before the world caught on..  Because I could efficiently watch the blockchain, I noticed the solo miners snagging an increasing amount of blocks, and decided to get while the getting was good.  Wink
smarterhash

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:09:45 PM

Block Chain trivia question.

what popular scrypt coin generates 100% of it's blocks in just 10 hours out of the day - leaving your hash wasted for the other 14 hours if you're mining it?

damm315er

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:40:11 PM

Block Chain trivia question.

what popular scrypt coin generates 100% of it's blocks in just 10 hours out of the day - leaving your hash wasted for the other 14 hours if you're mining it?

You trickster, I thought that pattern was IRL, but it wasn't.. (close but no cigar)

Lyra also gives blocks in spurts like that.
hdmediaservices

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:09:45 PM

Ok - so you mined a ton of coins.  How much did they sell for???

No intelligent miner would trash a new coin by dumping like that, that's a stupid rookie move..  I would be offended that you even suggested it, except that you're a known SMH hater.

There's much more profit to be made by holding.  You know that, and I know that.  For you to suggest dumping just shows you want to twist for your own advantage, and show a negative any way that you can.

But just to rub it in a little, if the coin ever makes it to near 600 sats, 1 day's mining will make the same btc that my 2 year smarterhash subscription cost me.  So SMH would pay for itself for the 3rd time, in 7 months.

-edit- Correction: subtract about $3 from the possible profits, as I rented a little hash once the diff started climbing, but before the rest of the pools joined, to boost my tally before the world caught on..  Because I could efficiently watch the blockchain, I noticed the solo miners snagging an increasing amount of blocks, and decided to get while the getting was good.  Wink

LOL - ok - so the coin is not even trading?  And I am a known SMH hater?  Seriously?  What does that mean?

I'm just saying anyone can mine a gazillion coins that have no value.  I was just curious what the value of them would be right now.  And I guess you are saying that right now they are worth nothing.

damm315er

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 08:22:33 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2015, 08:33:57 PM by damm315er

LOL - ok - so the coin is not even trading?  And I am a known SMH hater?  Seriously?  What does that mean?

I'm just saying anyone can mine a gazillion coins that have no value.  I was just curious what the value of them would be right now.  And I guess you are saying that right now they are worth nothing.

Ok, here's a challenge smartass..  Mine 60,000 poly in 24 hours, and I'll pay you .4 btc for them.  There, I set a value to them.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: