Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:14:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Whats happening at Poloniex?  (Read 5873 times)
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 09:16:50 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 08:19:01 PM by stereotype

Just want to relay my recent experiences with Poloniex

I lost access to my registered email address at Poloniex a few months ago. I had email link requirement ticked, for any withdrawals. I therefore have access to the account, but cant withdrawal anything.

On 2nd Feb i sent a message through Poloniex to advise what i need to do to resolve. On the same day, i was told it would be 'escalated'.
For 4 days i hear nothing, so on the 6th Feb, i sent another message through Poloniex, and i sent a message to Busoni via this forum. The next day (7th Feb), i receive an apology for delay from Poloniex, and asking for more details of my problem, which i replied to that day.
Two days later, on 9th Feb, i am asked to supply screenshots of my account and IP address. I replied that day with requested details.
Its now 11th Feb and ive had to send another message through Poloniex, as its all gone silent again, not only from Poloniex, but Busoni has also chosen to not reply to my three messages via this forum, despite him logging in.

Ive always trusted and respected Poloniex/Busoni, but for me, its big red flag time. Nearly 10 days to sort out this relatively simple issue is questionable at best, or something very wrong, at worst.

@Busoni  I would like access to my funds today, or is there other issues to consider here?  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:11:53 PM

Another 12 hours since contacting customer 'support', and Busoni. No replies.  Huh
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2015, 08:33:59 PM

"All support tickets resolved promptly and with care"

Undecided
arallmuus
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1404

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 07:08:25 AM

I lost access to my registered email address at Poloniex a few months ago. I had email link requirement ticked, for any withdrawals. I therefore have access to the account, but cant withdrawal anything.

On 2nd Feb i sent a message through Poloniex to advise what i need to do to resolve. On the same day, i was told it would be 'escalated'.
For 4 days i hear nothing, so on the 6th Feb, i sent another message through Poloniex, and i sent a message to Busoni via this forum. The next day (7th Feb), i receive an apology for delay from Poloniex, and asking for more details of my problem, which i replied to that day.
Two days later, on 9th Feb, i am asked to supply screenshots of my account and IP address. I replied that day with requested details.
Its now 11th Feb and ive had to send another message through Poloniex, as its all gone silent again, not only from Poloniex, but Busoni has also chosen to not reply to my three messages via this forum, despite him logging in.

Ive always trusted and respected Poloniex/Busoni, but for me, its big red flag time. Nearly 10 days to sort out this relatively simple issue is questionable at best, or something very wrong, at worst.

@Busoni  I would like access to my funds today, or is there other issues to consider here?  

how can you lost access for your email address?
have you tried to use forgot password feature for your email address?
try to ask for mod help there i guess

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 07:30:54 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2015, 08:08:28 AM by stereotype

how can you lost access for your email address?
have you tried to use forgot password feature for your email address?
try to ask for mod help there i guess
Ive had the address for over 12 years, and a few months ago i changed the password. For some reason, i didnt write it down in my book that contains all my passwords (about 30) for every single account/site access, i control.
The email account in question, forced me to answer questions that i believe, could identify me, so i made the answers up......over 12 years ago!

You are right, i should try to speak to them. It looks like i need to, as Poloniex and Busoni have still not resolved this.

So to re-cap. Its now 10 days since i sent the first support ticket to Poloniex, and 3 days since any contact from Poloniex.
Also, Busoni knows about this thread, and despite him logging in this morning, he STILL wont acknowledge any of this.

WTF is going on  Huh
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1168

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:31:07 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 07:54:23 PM by Evil-Knievel

This message was too old and has been purged
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:33:00 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 07:54:17 PM by Evil-Knievel

Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:34:32 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 07:54:11 PM by Evil-Knievel

stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:07:29 AM

stereotype,

I know this can be annoying, but you should keep in mind that they probably need some time to make sure you are who you are.
Even when you are a bit angry right now, be happy that they do it this way. I have no idea how many funds you have there, but in my case I would not want some attacker to be able to gain control over my account by just sending an email pretending the loss of the old, registred account.

I agree, the communication should have been better in your case, but overall I appreciate that giving out full control to someone contacting the support from a different email account is so hard.

Absolutely agree Evil, and something i considered by leaving it for the first 4 days from my initial contact.
Remember, i have access to the account which i proved by a screenshotting the logged in account, AND by overlaying the message i sent Busoni through here, so they can see this account in the screenshot also. Customer service mentioned they have several ways to establish correct control of the account, but they have not asked me anything more since asking for screenshot 3 days ago.

Chatbox: maybe i should spam that. Cheers

I tried to cancel the email notification....you guessed it....it needs me to confirm via the registered address.  Undecided All they need to do is cancel this, and im good to go.

Im angry Busoni is choosing to ignore me, and also baffled why he would let me keep posting negative posts about his baby. Very odd, extremely arrogant, or completely indifferent? I dont know.  Huh  
Evil-Knievel
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:16:59 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2016, 07:54:03 PM by Evil-Knievel

stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:18:30 AM

stereotype: I will contact the guy who resolved my issue yesterday within less than a minute. Maybe I can push things forward a bit. I am trading very large amounts there and maybe (what I dont believe but maybe) my messages will have a higher priority.

Cool banana, Evil. Nice one.  Smiley

I dealt with Johnny and Angela within the past 10 days.
digit
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 09:32:40 AM

See if they will accept a signed message from a bitcoin address in your wallet that you have deposited/withdrawed to on Poloniex in the past.  
They can ask you for a phrase or word and then you reply back with signed message containing that exact phrase to prove you own the bitcoin address.  From that it can be considered highly like your account and that bitcoin address are the same user. Its at the very least alot better and more trustworthy then a screenshot which can be photoshopped, and unlikely that someone who has hacked the poloniex account would also have access to the users bitcoin wallet.dat containing those addresses (altho not impossible eg stolen laptop/harddrive etc).

All exchanges should have their users provide/save a bitcoin address in their settings for their identity and or emergency withdrawals before they are allowed to trade imho, its very good of increasing security and handling situations like this where user loses access to their accounts/email etc.

Stay Safe and use NO KYC exchanges ■ Craig Wright is NOT Satoshi  ■
BTC:1DigitwteXwFcRAaWpVDRp6eKqzC6y9tgm ■ ŁTC:LKMcEHoFWHAUoRscqW1cwjhLgFrk7MgCWU ■ Coinkit:digit ■ §digit
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 09:46:53 AM

See if they will accept a signed message from a bitcoin address in your wallet that you have deposited/withdrawed to on Poloniex in the past.  
They can ask you for a phrase or word and then you reply back with signed message containing that exact phrase to prove you own the bitcoin address.  From that it can be considered highly like your account and that bitcoin address are the same user. Its at the very least alot better and more trustworthy then a screenshot which can be photoshopped, and unlikely that someone who has hacked the poloniex account would also have access to the users bitcoin wallet.dat containing those addresses (altho not impossible eg stolen laptop/harddrive etc).

All exchanges should have their users provide/save a bitcoin address in their settings for their identity and or emergency withdrawals before they are allowed to trade imho, its very good of increasing security and handling situations like this where user loses access to their accounts/email etc.

Yep, good point, and happy to do this. Its just that they are not communicating anything, at all.

Just odd behaviour for an exchange that is generally considered safe and sound, relatively speaking. 
mistercoin
Legendary

Activity: 1042

https://r.honeygain.me/XEDDM2B07C

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 01:11:21 PM

Jesus. I would escalate it legally if they continue to hold the funds. For an exchange with such a volume, they really should have better Customer support standards. Keep us updated.

stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:13:51 PM

So, this morning an email from Angela was in my inbox, saying i could go ahead and withdraw. But she will be doing this manually, after i have actioned the withdraw through my account. So i am now waiting for her to complete the transactions. Another 10 days wait, perhaps?  Undecided

@Busoni  Why the 11 day wait, and why the silence?
deluxeCITY

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:22:24 PM

That is strange i have found Poloniex to be super fast (the fastest) on helping resolve issues i have had in the past, glad it is getting sorted now as i would have told you earlier had i seen this you're funds are safe they are an honest exchange and trust worthy.

Have to ask did you send multiple tickets yeh?

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 02:23:13 PM

So, this morning an email from Angela was in my inbox, saying i could go ahead and withdraw. But she will be doing this manually, after i have actioned the withdraw through my account. So i am now waiting for her to complete the transactions. Another 10 days wait, perhaps?  Undecided

Grin you are getting your coin why are you continuing to complain ? (<-- Most likely the reason of the silence)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:33:07 PM

That is strange i have found Poloniex to be super fast (the fastest) on helping resolve issues i have had in the past, glad it is getting sorted now as i would have told you earlier had i seen this you're funds are safe they are an honest exchange and trust worthy.

Have to ask did you send multiple tickets yeh?

Ive been with Polo since day one.
Strange indeed. Its Busoni's indifference that baffles me. No, only one ticket.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:40:25 PM

Grin you are getting your coin why are you continuing to complain ? (<-- Most likely the reason of the silence)
Ive always been confident of getting my coin. We usually complain, because of the way we are treated, and/or our expectations are not met. Call me old fashioned.
stereotype (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:08:34 PM

Finally, today, i get my coins back. That took 12 days, 5 messages to Busoni here (all un-replied), and 5 emails to Poloniex.  Cry  What a horrible burden, i must have been.  Undecided

It was fun while it lasted Poloniex, but bye bye.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: