Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:50:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can not reply in most places here  (Read 10563 times)
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:23:20 PM

I hope this post will enable me to post outside the newbies section.  It is going to run on a bit pointlessly in order to meet the "substantial" requirement I read about.  Unfortunately I spent 4 hours browsing before making my first post as I didn't think I was able to post at all -- I didn't realize that I could post in the newbies section.  So, now I'm wondering if I have to wait another 4 hours or if I will be able to post based on my previous logged in time accumulation.

This substantial post and 4 hour wait is a bit frustrating, but I guess it is worth it to cut down on spam.

No you don't have to wait another 4 hours. It's four hours total.

Ok, and about the "substantial" who will be judging that? That's kind of fuzzy and rather subjective? Restrictions like this are rather annoying to be honest. Rules should at least be clear in my opionion.

You just need to write several sentances and that is considered substantial.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zirtox

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:32:48 PM

I hope this post will enable me to post outside the newbies section.  It is going to run on a bit pointlessly in order to meet the "substantial" requirement I read about.  Unfortunately I spent 4 hours browsing before making my first post as I didn't think I was able to post at all -- I didn't realize that I could post in the newbies section.  So, now I'm wondering if I have to wait another 4 hours or if I will be able to post based on my previous logged in time accumulation.

This substantial post and 4 hour wait is a bit frustrating, but I guess it is worth it to cut down on spam.

Ok, and about the "substantial" who will be judging that? That's kind of fuzzy and rather subjective? Restrictions like this are rather annoying to be honest. Rules should at least be clear in my opionion.

So basically my previous post would suffice?
MTJ151

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:45:40 PM

I spent the last 15 minutes trying to work out why I couldn't post anywhere!!

Eventually found the newbie area!!

Guess it avoids too much spam in the main forums but a little annoying because I want to post in a giveaway post for a new coin Sad

I am going to be too late now because Also have to wait around on the site for hours before I will be able to post Sad Even though I have been surfing without an account for days!!! Guess I should have made an account earlier :/

Anyhow, hopefully this is enough to count as a post and I will have more access soon!! If it is not I guess I will be making some more random posts :/ 

Btw the community on here seems quite good all in all Smiley Exciting times with the new crypto currencies!

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:49:40 PM

I hope this post will enable me to post outside the newbies section.  It is going to run on a bit pointlessly in order to meet the "substantial" requirement I read about.  Unfortunately I spent 4 hours browsing before making my first post as I didn't think I was able to post at all -- I didn't realize that I could post in the newbies section.  So, now I'm wondering if I have to wait another 4 hours or if I will be able to post based on my previous logged in time accumulation.

So basically my previous post would suffice?

I cannot say for certain, but probably.

Guess it avoids too much spam in the main forums but a little annoying because I want to post in a giveaway post for a new coin Sad

I am going to be too late now because Also have to wait around on the site for hours before I will be able to post Sad Even though I have been surfing without an account for days!!! Guess I should have made an account earlier :/

Anyhow, hopefully this is enough to count as a post and I will have more access soon!! If it is not I guess I will be making some more random posts :/ 

Btw the community on here seems quite good all in all Smiley Exciting times with the new crypto currencies!

That should be more than enough. Just be careful who you trust on here. There's a lot of scammers. Always use escrow.
MTJ151

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:02:18 PM

Thanks for the reply... I just minded a load of digibytes.... got in there quick and got like 10K on first few blocks.

However, apparently the pool was hacked and some thief logged in under my name &took all my coins Sad So I can see there is plenty of scammers/hackers out there (although that was problem with the pool in question and nothing to do with bitcoin forum).

guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:04:28 PM

Thanks for the reply... I just minded a load of digibytes.... got in there quick and got like 10K on first few blocks.

However, apparently the pool was hacked and some thief logged in under my name &took all my coins Sad So I can see there is plenty of scammers/hackers out there (although that was problem with the pool in question and nothing to do with bitcoin forum).

Sometimes these coins are just scamcoins and are inside jobs. Hard to trust anyone where there's money involved or to be made.
MTJ151

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:37:25 PM

So is there anywhere I can see the 4 hour countdown until I can post? Or will I just suddenly see that I am able to post in other forums?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:42:59 PM

So is there anywhere I can see the 4 hour countdown until I can post? Or will I just suddenly see that I am able to post in other forums?

You will become a Jnr Member. The time logged in is at the top left under your username.
MTJ151

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:47:55 PM

You will become a Jnr Member. The time logged in is at the top left under your username.

Thanks for your help!!
mujdur

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 09:50:26 PM

Same as me. I registered and tried to post in other parts of forum, but no-no. :/
It took me a while to find this subforum and find out that I need to wait for 4 hrs and make a few posts. Hopefully it's gonna be fine in a few hours Smiley
MTJ151

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 10:06:26 PM

I was hoping to get involved in this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412594.0

But I think it's too late now Sad

My digibyte address is this: DKczcxpNkr4CES1WWiB1t4fKF5hCPcKqx7 if someone could be so kind as to post for me... might just get in as one of the last few.

edit: just noticed it has been locked so I did miss it Sad Oh well... easy come easy go!
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2014, 11:02:24 PM

I was hoping to get involved in this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=412594.0

But I think it's too late now Sad

My digibyte address is this: DKczcxpNkr4CES1WWiB1t4fKF5hCPcKqx7 if someone could be so kind as to post for me... might just get in as one of the last few.

edit: just noticed it has been locked so I did miss it Sad Oh well... easy come easy go!

Too late. The thread is locked.

dapato

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 07:51:21 AM

...its annoying  Embarrassed

swfly

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 08:03:31 AM

Seems like in order to start thread somewhere else i have to post something here lol sorry
dmciii

Activity: 37

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 03:54:33 PM

Thanks, took a long time to find, I get it now. Heh.
SecretWolf

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 03:57:01 PM

Well, looks like I have to browse for another 4 hours before I get to post
imwnick

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 04:17:00 PM

i got the same problem
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:09:58 AM

simple, but good method to get trolls away.... but hard to find places, where you are able to post.... except this one
Havusaurus

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:43:14 AM

This doesnt make any sence for me, that you have to find a newbie topic and write some pointless text and wait a lot of time just to be able to post on the rest of the forum.
If there was some trolls that were making new accounts just to troll someone, wouldnt it be easier that you were able to make certain amount of accounts per IP?
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 10:55:20 AM

This doesnt make any sence for me, that you have to find a newbie topic and write some pointless text and wait a lot of time just to be able to post on the rest of the forum.
If there was some trolls that were making new accounts just to troll someone, wouldnt it be easier that you were able to make certain amount of accounts per IP?

Why doesn't it make sense? It's not just to keep trolls away. That IP would probably be banned if several people were trolling from it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: