Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:13:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ANACS grading from the EU  (Read 627 times)
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 08:03:23 PM

Has anyone sent their stuff to ANACS for grading from the EU?

I have a few coins that I'd like done but I was wondering how long it took and what the situation is with tax coming back into the EU?

I assume you need to prove you already own what you've sent or it might be taxed again. Is there a straightforward way of doing this?

Thoughts and experiences are welcome.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 11:47:53 PM

ANACS will specify that you already owned the coins when they ship back. Grading time depends on what you pick. Economy (5 coin min) takes 3-4 weeks. Priority is 1 week turn around. Shipping is via FedEx and on page 2 of the submission you can see shipping prices.
gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:49:50 PM

Brilliant. Thanks for the answer.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 11:51:45 PM

No problem, I have graded well over a 100 crypto coins via ANACS. If you need help with the form send me a message. I also have an example form I can send you too.
master-P

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001

https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 04:38:08 AM

No problem, I have graded well over a 100 crypto coins via ANACS. If you need help with the form send me a message. I also have an example form I can send you too.

Hey blazed, mind sending me one of these example forms? I am thinking of getting my Silver Wallets graded.

Master-P's Free Escrow Service | 1% Fee for Multi-Party/Sig Campaigns | I Sign ALL of my addresses using PGP Key: https://keybase.io/masterp Verify
Tipping Address: 14PUWBwK854GLenxSa7MAuxXQUXK4DKKi5 | E-mail: masterp.bitcointalk {at} gmail {dot} com (for when/if the forum's offline)
Guide on How to Sign a Message
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:59:53 PM

I have had a few 'test' coins done with ANACS. All went fine, with no import tax applied on the return leg to the UK, so I am now doing a bigger batch.... hopefully the same will apply there as well

Lessons ....
1. If you use a courier rather than someone who will pass to USPS to deliver, then you need to use the physical address, and not the PO box (with an actual person as the recipient - If you need it, let me know)

2. Complete all outbound shipping documents (packing list / customs declarations, and keep copies), and state that the coins collectable tokens you are sending are "numismatic items for review", and that they will be returned to you, the owner, following review ie no transfer of ownership / sale has taken place. This should assist in avoiding any taxation on the return leg, should you be challenged for payment - ie outbound shipment is same as return leg.

3. Register as a user on the website. It wont complete correctly, but customer services can assist you to finish the login (you can look at the progress on the portal, and will find out your grades quicker, than waiting for the shipping email for the coins return)

4. Keep copies of your ANACS submission form ... the order that the coins and grades are shown on the portal / return shipping email, are the same as the order the coins are on the form. So you can work out which coin has got what grade

5. On the old ANACS form due to expire at the end of June, international shipping is $45 + 1.25% of value. The newer form it is $75 + 1.25% of value. So use the old form and do it before the end of June. I am unsure what is downloadable on ANACS currently, but the paper form they send with your return that expires end of December has the $75 base international shipping charge... (again if you need this old PDF form ... ask me)

I will be doing another 1 or 2 grading batches prior to end of June prior top the rise. Sending out by UPS, and getting back by ANACS's courier FEDEX. So if anyone EU / UK wants to piggyback, then just let me know. Unless we have trust already, we may need to agree some form of 'contract' or public statement to provide reassurances, that the coins remain yours. Either way the offer is there, as its the shipping that ends up being the killer

gentlemand (OP)
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:51:05 PM

Thanks for the thorough info. That's exactly the type of rundown I was looking for.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: