Bitcoin Forum
May 16, 2024, 07:29:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Google Pay to integrate Bitcoin?  (Read 2219 times)
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:42:24 PM

Google play would not integrate bitcoin as a payment for so many reasons one would be the price of it that keep on crushing, its too risky for them.

No risk they simply would use it as way for people to buy fiat into the Google pay system and also they can convert to USD rapidly. No risk to them, just potential revenue increases.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 01:18:18 PM

Google play would not integrate bitcoin as a payment for so many reasons one would be the price of it that keep on crushing, its too risky for them.

No risk they simply would use it as way for people to buy fiat into the Google pay system and also they can convert to USD rapidly. No risk to them, just potential revenue increases.

Bitcoin prices have decreased a lot recently and for Google it will definitely be risky. It is just like buying and selling shares/trading in Forex so as of now Google may not find it a reliable payment method.

Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 01:18:38 PM

Why not? The money stored would be up to the individual, but they could also act as some sort of payment processor where they exchange the coins straight to fiat.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 01:56:16 PM

Bitcoin prices have decreased a lot recently and for Google it will definitely be risky. It is just like buying and selling shares/trading in Forex so as of now Google may not find it a reliable payment method.

Just like any business or shops accepting bitcoin, they would exchange it back immediately to fiat to avoid losses caused by exchange rate fluctuation. If these small establishment can do it that operates on a thin margin, then why not google? They should be able to manage it much better compared to the rest.

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 02:28:55 PM

Just like any business or shops accepting bitcoin, they would exchange it back immediately to fiat to avoid losses caused by exchange rate fluctuation. If these small establishment can do it that operates on a thin margin, then why not google? They should be able to manage it much better compared to the rest.

That would be a good deal for Google if they do that but it depends if they find it a good deal. As of now, it has its own wallet and so I don't see it coming in the near future.

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:36:25 PM

That would be a good deal for Google if they do that but it depends if they find it a good deal. As of now, it has its own wallet and so I don't see it coming in the near future.

I mean NEC (national equipment corporation) the service old school that banks use for equipment and the xfer of $$$ even they say they are gonna take BTC ...if google wants to do it ..it really is not that hard to do......imho (my bank hell any bank in my town STILL uses the 1980 NEC dot matrix printer for receipts for crying out lon! (banks if it an't broke don't fix it)

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 02:56:45 PM

Huh

Don't know what Google Pay is.
Does it compare with BTC?

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:29:16 PM

So what news could be fuelling this move? Is it the Google Pay story?

News events are not the only cause of price movements. When the market cap gets as low as it is now it becomes easy for whales to manipulate the price by placing large orders. The price has been moving up and down between the low- and mid-200s like clockwork for a few weeks with no apparent connection to any news events. To me it looks like they're just running pump-and-dump schemes to squeeze some profits out of the weak hands that always sell when the price drops and then buy when it goes up.

I'm not saying you're wrong, I've never traded BTC but it still has a market of over 3 billion! I cant see how that can easily be manipulated? It's only a hunch but I have a feeling the worst is over for Bitcoin for a while, we have come out of a very bad patch but it seems we may be on the cusp of going mainstream.

Now I actually am going into speculation..but I think if you look at the 1 year chart it wouldn't be crazy to conclude that we have bottomed and have turned a corner.

http://imgur.com/vwMtJV9
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 06:59:56 PM

Although I'd like to see that happen, but to be honest I believe the chance is pretty small.

I agree mate.. Although it would be profitable for both sides..i don't think it will happen soon.. May b after a year or two.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 08:58:51 PM

And of course the Bitcoin price will react, at this point the price once again is fully rumor driven.

But hey, if Microsoft made a first step, then why not Google.  Smiley
ViciousPlayer

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:07:02 PM

That would be great and amazing news. The anonymity thing may be an issue, but people have migrated to DRK and others.
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:15:40 AM

That would be great and amazing news. The anonymity thing may be an issue, but people have migrated to DRK and others.
It would be great news, headlines all over the world. Dont even need to go outside Bitcoin if you want anonimity tho, just use it as cash (new addresses, mix it etc).
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:45:39 AM

It would be benefitial for Bitcoin and for Google, if not yet i hope Google will realise that soon.
GreatWinter

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:23:13 AM

This is exciting indeed. Been watching the price of BTC rise against fiat in response to this. It will correct soon, but could lead to a host of other surprises.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 04:52:54 AM

your post discussed price increase which belongs in the speculation section.  as this topic is not news it is also borderline speculation on whether and when google pay will integrate bitcoin.
nextgencoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:14:19 PM

your post discussed price increase which belongs in the speculation section.  as this topic is not news it is also borderline speculation on whether and when google pay will integrate bitcoin.

I speculate you are a middleaged man sat in his underwear in his living room watching game shows.
KimNam

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 01:18:44 PM

it's too risky for google to integrate bitcoin as their payment
since bitcoin price is very volatile Sad
and i will loose anonymity status if using my bitcoin address to pay in google play Tongue
like their unofficial motto : Google Like Your Data Wink
ikydesu

Activity: 686

fb.com/Bitky.shop | Bitcoin Merch!Premium Quality!

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 04:32:32 PM

This is good news at once bad news too Cheesy
the good news is bitcoin will be more popular and mainstream, maybe more merchant can adopt bitcoin and price rise, the bad news is we will not anonymous anymore Undecided
Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 04:49:24 AM

That would really effect bitcoin to good extent
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 09:08:59 AM

So what news could be fuelling this move? Is it the Google Pay story?

News events are not the only cause of price movements. When the market cap gets as low as it is now it becomes easy for whales to manipulate the price by placing large orders. The price has been moving up and down between the low- and mid-200s like clockwork for a few weeks with no apparent connection to any news events. To me it looks like they're just running pump-and-dump schemes to squeeze some profits out of the weak hands that always sell when the price drops and then buy when it goes up.

Talk about news event it sure does have quite a lot of impact towards price movement. Look how it changed upon announcement of the bter hack. It will be tough even for google to take on that.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: