Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 08:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do we want to fork the coin or not?
FORK - YES PLEASE - 17 (56.7%)
FORK - NO PLEASE - 13 (43.3%)
Total Voters: 30

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RISKCOIN - Scrypt - Bittrex - More to come...  (Read 52949 times)
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:11:33 PM

IMO it depends on in which timeframe does the dev thinks he can fix the issue.

if it takes too long, then we can just continue POS
doeboy1023

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:11:51 PM

I vote, change specs. From an investment standpoint, It cant hurt to have less initial supply...correct me if I'm wrong.

It's kind of a "fuck you" to people who've got rented rigs that they were pointing at this, though. I'm in support of just ending it, but there again, I'm done with mining so I kind of benefit from that decision anyway... but it also keeps things simpler, too.

Agreed, but if they were quick to re direct their miners, they can mine something else to recover some of their rental losses, and the initial coins they mined will be worth much more to begin with.
hayan

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:15:12 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 07:25:38 PM by hayan

And if they're not? I mean, if this had've happened at certain points while I was mining, I wouldn't've even known about it until my rental was over. Of course I had backup pools set, but the first backup pool was another RiskCoin pool, so unless both took down their pools altogether, I'd've been wasting hashes. And I mine in relatively short bursts too; the longest rental I've done is 12 hours, with most being closer to 3 or 4 (and then a new rental once it expires), mostly due to being wary of rigs that underperform or don't work at all.

One thing though... wouldn't closing the wallet and reopening it (to upgrade to the new one) mean PoS timer is reset? Or do the coins just have to have been in place for the required time (but not nessecerially the wallet open for the 24 hours)?

Biggest thing is though, decision needs to be made fairly quickly, or people will start to lose faith in the coin and then bam... worthless. Not making a decision quickly enough will hurt the coin more than the worse of the two decisions would, IMO.
bitkokos

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

0_0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:25:42 PM

I have moved my miners on another coin, so I will leave the decision to people who still care about it.
I won't vote in the poll as I will no longer support the coin.
4 days of mining even with a small rig was a loss of time.
As soon as I get the coins out of the pool, I will not even bother selling the coins but I will delete the wallet.
This might make it more rare.  Grin

good luck with the coin, though.

O_o
hayan

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:28:02 PM

I wouldn't throw in the towel too soon...
And if you insist, rather than just burn the coins, why not send them to someone who's really invested in the coin's success (not someone who'll just dump them), like Placebo or the dev?
doeboy1023

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:32:53 PM

I have moved my miners on another coin, so I will leave the decision to people who still care about it.
As soon as I get the coins out of the pool, I will not even bother selling the coins but I will delete the wallet.

Wow...pretty bold...feel free to send your coins to my risk address in my signature. lol
riskcoin (OP)

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:37:40 PM

Voting will close in 2 and a half hours.

1. FORK?

- Fair.
- Will miners return? Will we still have the nice hashrate? Will it not create dumping of coin? Lower price?

2. NO FORK?

- Not fair.
- Not as original described in OP
- People that likes RISK are already in.
- Less dumping. Higher price?
- Exchanges doesn't need to be updated.

hayan

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:39:35 PM

Another thing to consider... with PoW the blocks are mined fairly fast; with PoS-only, isn't that going to make it very slow (especially when transactions need several confirmations)? I find one of the biggest draws of altcoins rather than Bitcoin is the faster transaction times, it'd be a shame to kill that...
paycum

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:45:59 PM

i go for option 1

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
JSpike

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:48:20 PM

I did vote fork, but like to change to NOT fork.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

https://www.bitworks.io

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 08:00:32 PM

Fair enough, understand your perspective.. A basic flaw in the entire coin within days of launch when it's critical to build confidence and momentum can be a killer.. OP needs to step up big and work to right the ship or what's left may fail as well..

Full disclosure, I was one of the largest, if not largest ICO investor and mined right up until both pools crapped out earlier today.. I haven't sold anything so I have a vested interest in the coin but the the screw up is on the OPs shoulders and some things need to happen to spin things positively..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
JSpike

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:13:30 PM

Fair enough, understand your perspective.. A basic flaw in the entire coin within days of launch when it's critical to build confidence and momentum can be a killer.. OP needs to step up big and work to right the ship or what's left may fail as well..

Full disclosure, I was one of the largest, if not largest ICO investor and mined right up until both pools crapped out earlier today.. I haven't sold anything so I have a vested interest in the coin but the the screw up is on the OPs shoulders and some things need to happen to spin things positively..

Good point.
Think is good to let the top 3 ICO investors decide what to happen, if they are online, indeed need to be fast.
We need the support of the real bag holders.
hayan

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:29:36 PM

Hmm... general vote is 50/50, coin price keeps going down, and either way is going to decrease the trust in the coin... I'm starting to think it might be time to pull out of this one... :/ I'd be staying in for sure if I had large amounts of bitcoins that I could spare, but at the moment I'm nowhere near bitcoin-rich enough to take risks of that size sadly...

I wish you the best though, and goes without saying I'll be keeping an eye on things in case I think it's worth jumping back in (even if I've lost some coins by pulling out for a while). Smiley
Mr.Joker

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:32:03 PM

Just fork the coin now Dev!

No need for panic, just be patient for a few hours.

just activate pow at block 3800-3900

if you want to panic sell; sell your coins to me will buy them at 3000 sats
hayan

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:36:49 PM

3k each...? They're going for 11K each still on C-Cex... come on, I might be new to the world of crypto chasing / trading, but I'm not blonde... Tongue
tm2013

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 08:37:57 PM

The more I think about it, I am in favor of the fork (I voted for no fork at first).. So make it 4:6 instead of 5:5 if that makes a difference in the outcome

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread
doeboy1023

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:43:47 PM

Hmm... general vote is 50/50, coin price keeps going down, and either way is going to decrease the trust in the coin... I'm starting to think it might be time to pull out of this one... :/ I'd be staying in for sure if I had large amounts of bitcoins that I could spare, but at the moment I'm nowhere near bitcoin-rich enough to take risks of that size sadly...

I wish you the best though, and goes without saying I'll be keeping an eye on things in case I think it's worth jumping back in (even if I've lost some coins by pulling out for a while). Smiley

Hmmm...maybe I missed something and someone can explain to try and sway my vote back...but this is how I see it. The only thing this coin really has going for it as far as value is the max/current coin supply and ICO investors (not bashing the coin, just my observation). Would the initial max coin supply not increase the value if that is the case? All forking will do IMO is cause chaos with wallet swapping and what not, leaving people stand offish about the coin itself...
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:02:45 PM

Correct. Give people the time to update their wallets, exchanges there source, mining pools running on the right fork etc. As we don't want to have a situation that one a few people are mining it, take all the coins and dump it on the market. This needs to be STRUCTURED!!! Else keep it how it is. What is the difference? Nothing, just less coins, mining stopped early and that is it. Good for ICO investors as there shares will be worth more , a lot more. Miners had the time to mine, so they don't have to complain.

So FORK, YES, but STRUCTURED, block 4000 or so inform all the mining pools on time, exchanges, and promote the coin on twitter heavily so that hashrate jump back to 10 GH/s - 15 GH/s, if that doesn't happen, then no need for a fork at all.
gregofdoom
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1006

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:08:04 PM

This is probably the best solution. I agree with placebo.
We all want the greatest possible value of the coin.
padrino
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 10:29:44 PM

Correct. Give people the time to update their wallets, exchanges there source, mining pools running on the right fork etc. As we don't want to have a situation that one a few people are mining it, take all the coins and dump it on the market. This needs to be STRUCTURED!!! Else keep it how it is. What is the difference? Nothing, just less coins, mining stopped early and that is it. Good for ICO investors as there shares will be worth more , a lot more. Miners had the time to mine, so they don't have to complain.

So FORK, YES, but STRUCTURED, block 4000 or so inform all the mining pools on time, exchanges, and promote the coin on twitter heavily so that hashrate jump back to 10 GH/s - 15 GH/s, if that doesn't happen, then no need for a fork at all.

No matter what happens you are right it needs to be structured but you are making a false assumption of the value of the coin with or with no fork.. Again it's only worth what people will invest and that may not change with or without a fork..

1CPi7VRihoF396gyYYcs2AdTEF8KQG2BCR
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: