Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:47:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is bitodex.com a scam?  (Read 8568 times)
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 07:01:09 AM

How did you guys find such sites?

exactly my question. this site looks just like every other scam... wouldn't use it.

Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
altcoinhosting

Activity: 896
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 17, 2015, 02:03:11 PM

they are listed on https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/How_To_Buy_Bitcoins_With_Your_Credit_Card

I almost sent my cash over there because i need to buy some BTC with my creditcard (i wanted to use my CC in my Paypal acct).

Thanks for warning naive users like me, this thread has saved me a lot of worries  Smiley.

Is there any resputable service that doesn't have those insane fees, where i can buy BTC with my mastercard or maestro without being scammed?

minkc

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2015, 12:35:03 AM

I also got cheated from this site. I sent $58 with skrill and waited for 36 hours and sent two emails in the mean time after 36 hours but got no response at all. I have reported to skrill immediately after this and I am awaiting the skrill's response. I am writing here just to notify you and to say that this site http://bitodex.com is scam and cheats and takes your money and deceives you without responding.

Stay away from this site. If you can do something REMOVE THIS SITE from the INTERNET.

Thanks.
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2015, 02:21:00 AM

I also got cheated from this site. I sent $58 with skrill and waited for 36 hours and sent two emails in the mean time after 36 hours but got no response at all. I have reported to skrill immediately after this and I am awaiting the skrill's response. I am writing here just to notify you and to say that this site http://bitodex.com is scam and cheats and takes your money and deceives you without responding.

Stay away from this site. If you can do something REMOVE THIS SITE from the INTERNET.

Thanks.

OP created this thread in February 2015 and if you had done a little research prior to sending any money from your skrill this thread would have definitely come up, there must be many sites like these which are only looking to fraud users and the problem is people don't search about a site and just blindly send money to it.

It is already listed in Badbitcoin list:
Bitodex.com If you send funds to this russian site - you'll lose them to a thief. 4/23/15

guiltmanager

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Like making new friends!

View Profile
November 12, 2015, 08:37:20 PM

Hello all, just came across this thread when trying to find out if bitodex is a scam, and pretty much confirms my suspicion that it is! I would suggest anyone who has sent money to them, by whatever means, if you used a credit/debit card, contact your bank and say you'd like to file a chargeback for the transaction and explain the situation. Chargebacks can usually be opened within 180 days of a transaction but no harm asking after this time and explaining what happened to see if the bank can help. If the call centre don't help you, use ceoemail.com to find the ceo of the bank. also, try contacting paypals leaders, here's a big list of addresses, their exec team have more power and aren't stuck to a script like their agents. They have a habbit of telling you why you shouldn't get your money back, then giving it to you anyway as a goodwill credit. Also if you have an ADR [alternative dispute resolution] scheme where you live, threaten paypal with this if they won't help. check out the financial ombudsman here in the UK to get a better idea of what an ADR is.
hope this helps someone!

Dan.Schulman@paypal.com
Patrick.Dupuis@paypal.com
Tomer.Barel@paypal.com
Hill.Ferguson@paypal.com
Bill.Ready@paypal.com,
James.Barrese@paypal.com
John.McCabe@paypal.com,
Louise.Pentland@paypal.com
Gary.Marino@paypal.com
Rupert.Keeley@paypal.com
Rohan.Mahadevan@paypal.com
Christina.Smedley@paypal.com
Jonathan.Auerbach@paypal.com
Franz.Paasche@paypal.com
Erica.Gessert@paypal.com
moldenburg@paypal.com
sthompson@paypal.com
mhentges@paypal.com
crme@paypal.com
appeal@paypal.com
harbor1@paypal.com
account-review@paypal.com
ppelce@paypal.com
cardreview@paypal.com
complaint-response@paypal.com
abuse@paypal.com
Europeanservices@paypal.com
resolutions@paypal.com
appeals@paypal.com
compliance@paypal.com
escalations@paypal.com
webform@paypal.com
spoof@paypal.com
complaints@paypal.com
aup@paypal.com
press@paypal.com
apires@paypal.com
chargebackresponse@paypal.com
pending_reversal@paypal.com
global2@paypal.com
intl@paypal.com
ppe_courtesycredit@paypal.com
BoEappeal@paypal.com
mvergara@paypal.com
lfriedberg@paypal.com
cwong@paypal.com
mbarrett@paypal.com
scott@paypal.com
slivnat@paypal.com
crule@paypal.com

Yours Sincerely,
Craig Mcgee,

Guilt Manager,
Guilt Management Services International.

Bitrated user: guiltmanager.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: