Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:26:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public message to BTER  (Read 8267 times)
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:22:11 PM

of course its a inside job. cold wallet hacked
just another gox, tradehill, mintpal, cryptorush, bitmarket, zipzap.............................

Come on, this guy, the owner of BTER, he plotted and carried out, with the help of his Chinese associate, Bobsurplus and David Zimbeck, the admitted and recognized SCAM of BitBay. What else does anyone need!!!! Amazing, simply amazing...
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 06:32:24 PM

Altcoins SHOULD not be affected.

Affected by what exactly?
What is the difference between bitcoins and altcoins in that regard?

If BTER Bitcoin wallet was hacked as it may show here :

http://www.walletexplorer.com/wallet/Bter.com-cold

Then altcoins should all be perfectly fine and the "community" gets to help out the victims via donations to a fund, easier done than said if we put ourselves in their spot.

thanks for the info.
I hope this will get sorted out and at least altcoins will become available again

That is the aim. I expect BTER will implement their statement, and many traders will support them in this respect. 

I have supported many exchanges that were hacked, and recovered in some form. It is to the great credit of BTER to return coin balances as soon as practicable: Small holders tend to panic easily, but wealthy members of the Crypto community have a lot of support to give to reputable exchange owners.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:38:26 PM

I lost

.01 LTC
.003 Doge
13 Yac

And a few delisted coins

I think I may hang myself.

Obvious inside job! 7K really!

Exit strategy before chinese gov jumps in, he see's the writing on the wall and got his bitbay payday as well.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
paddox

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 06:52:12 PM

I feel terrible for those who lost bitcoins, but if they return the alts it would be a good thing. I lost a few dollars worth of bitcoins there that I only deposited a few days ago. They were immediately moved to the cold wallet ater I sent them so I doubt I will ever get them back.
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 07:13:34 PM

And people talk shit about Cryptsy and get upvoted on reddit.

altcoinUK

Activity: 784

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:37:22 PM

Dear BTER, this e-mail will be made a public post on Bitcointalk.org

I write out of the need of transmitting the deepest concerns towards the state of your service. We have invested many BTC through my account on BTER.COM and while i type this e-mail, we are seeing  :

We have to suspend all our services waiting for the security check. More information will be released as soon as possible. Sorry for the interruption.
我们将暂停服务,进行系统安全检查,给您造成不便请谅解...

"

We are concerned by the sudden stoppage of service and especially concerned about the safety of the coins owned by us on that are stored in the account hosted by your exchange, more specifically the following coins with their afferent numbered amounts, very close approximation

7690000 NODE    7.69 mil
610000 XCR  610K
118000000 QORA 118mil
900000 XCH  900k

40000 XTC 40k

These are large SUMS of percentages owned for the first 4 coins mentioned, the following percentages of total coins created, being:

0.76% node, 0.61% XCR, 1.18% QORA and 0.9% XCH

We have invested tens of thousands of dollars in BTC in these amounts of coins
and consider our investments a life-engaging affair, worthy of time consuming pursuit.

More specifically the fact that they are 2.0 currencies may prove very profitable in the futere, thus we are expecting long term profits in the order of millions, provable by common comparison with other similar enterprises, and thus these are the sums of the goal that we would pursuit legally concerning the affair. This letter hereby declares this.

Normally we should receive ASAP a truthful report on the state of our belongings.

We must pursue the means of reclaiming our belongings throught any available procedure.

To put it simple :
The ideal situation if a hard breach has happened would be that BTER Exchange representatives cooperate with the developers of the aformentioned coins and any others coins that may have been lost, in such a way that ALL the victimized parties reclaim what is rightfully PROPERTY.

VAT will be paid in national currency for all BTC transactions, if needed, so that our group may comply with rulings of international entities that may be enforcing arbitrary economic law, thus so that it may pursue our case thoughout any possible legal means and instutions, local or international.

If need be our group will support other victimized members of the community with the right guidance towards the solidification through unity of a community claim, thus that within the Cryptocurrency world such an injustice may not endure.

It is certain that BTER.COM posseses logs that can prove the owner of 0.00000001 of any coin on their exchange, so that any of the developers may work out a fix, for each of the coins.

I am also sure that the good willed developers will agree and that the good willed community will donate enough of respective coin which requires fix, so that each of the developers remain happy and content.

Thank you for your time,

Roland Ionescu, Romania

Forget it. The listed shitcoins will not yield the expected millions of profit, it just can't and not going to happen. In a year time all will be absolutely worthless.

Plus, we have revealed in this forum during the Bitbay scam how corrupt fraudster the Bter CEO is. Now, if you have not listened and not removed your coins from that fraud jamboree that called Bter then you can blame only yourself for the financial loss that Bter has caused.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:02:56 PM

OP traded real btc for those shitcoins and expects to make millions I LOL'd

Some altcoins will succeed long-term, but leaving such large amounts on an exchange is a bad idea.

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4894

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:14:27 PM

OP traded real btc for those shitcoins and expects to make millions I LOL'd

Some altcoins will succeed long-term, but leaving such large amounts on an exchange is a bad idea.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=789961.msg10471854#msg10471854

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
o0‡0o

Activity: 227
Merit: 103

Have faith.

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 08:18:26 PM

These are large SUMS of percentages owned for the first 4 coins mentioned, the following percentages of total coins created, being:

and consider our investments a life-engaging affair, worthy of time consuming pursuit.

More specifically the fact that they are 2.0 currencies may prove very profitable in the futere, thus we are expecting long term profits in the order of millions,

wut, u buy dirt and expect to get gold

Get used to it.
MelodyRowell

Activity: 394
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:00:51 PM

More specifically the fact that they are 2.0 currencies may prove very profitable in the futere, thus we are expecting long term profits in the order of millions,

That picture is completely creeping me out. Sad about BTER but everyone runs this risk if you leave your coins on the exchanges.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:05:53 PM

i blame bitbay, lol

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:13:43 PM

i blame bitbay, lol
You should blame their entire team. Its definitely an inside job.

...inside job?
Did they hire Mark K as a consultant?  Angry

199BTC

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:17:44 PM

https://i.imgur.com/CjFTqPo.gif

That picture is completely creeping me out. Sad about BTER but everyone runs this risk if you leave your coins on the exchanges.
I agree its really bad idea to keep coins in exchanges because in one year its fourth exchange which run with big amount and crying for hack shame on them
matt608

Activity: 882

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:26:41 PM

A safe place to store BTC is in bitBTC, which earns interest, by using https://metaexchange.info as an instant bridge.   Keeping it on the bitshares decentralised exchange as bitBTC is the future, then people can trade it against bitUSD without hacking risk while getting exposure to the same market.

I hope these thieves are caught and the money returned.  This sucks.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:30:00 PM

A safe place to store BTC is in bitBTC, which earns interest, by using metaexchange.info as an instant bridge.   Keeping it on the bitshares decentralised exchange as bitBTC is the future, then people can trade it against bitUSD without hacking risk while getting exposure to the same market.

I hope these thieves are caught and the money returned.

Do you agree that it is more safe a personal wallet with multiSig (+ hardware wallet)? Or not ?
matt608

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:35:59 PM

A safe place to store BTC is in bitBTC, which earns interest, by using metaexchange.info as an instant bridge.   Keeping it on the bitshares decentralised exchange as bitBTC is the future, then people can trade it against bitUSD without hacking risk while getting exposure to the same market.

I hope these thieves are caught and the money returned.

Do you agree that it is more safe a personal wallet with multiSig (+ hardware wallet)? Or not ?

Nothing is safter than a cold wallet or hardware wallet.  As for a personal wallet, that depends on the type of personal wallet, a light wallet is probably less secure but others may be just as secure or more secure with multisig.  

But it's mainly about exchanges for trading.  You can't trade BTC against USD or anything at all from the relative safety of a personal bitcoin wallet (yet), but you trade against the USD with bitBTC, because the exchange is in the wallet.  bitBTC can be traded against bitUSD, bitGOLD, bitSILVER, etc.  So for people who want to get exposure to the BTC/USD market, the bitBTC/bitUSD market is the most secure way to trade.

finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:36:47 PM

A safe place to store BTC is in bitBTC, which earns interest, by using https://metaexchange.info as an instant bridge.   Keeping it on the bitshares decentralised exchange as bitBTC is the future, then people can trade it against bitUSD without hacking risk while getting exposure to the same market.

Well, its still storing it with a 3rd party and can thins can turn ugly at anytime.

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:40:04 PM

Not a question of safe or technology.  A lot of you speculators and such go to the exchanges with the most volume.  The catch 22 here is that the exchanges themselves, through buying coins themselves or engaging in fractional reserves, are creating fake volume to attract customers.  No such thing as a free lunch in this world and now people are paying for it.

The whole offering a bounty to catch a hacker is very similar to that NXT episode.  Of course, being the internet, who would go on the internet and tell a lie?  Like a predictable soap opera on the television, BTER will get back the majority of the coins and hike up the fees on customers to pay the rest back but the hacker isn't brought to justice.  Strong allegation here but who's to say the hacker isn't BTER themselves looking for a Chinese New Years' bonus?

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
matt608

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:40:33 PM

Well, its still storing it with a 3rd party and can thins can turn ugly at anytime.

Using metaexchange there is only a momentary (literally seconds) risk while the transfer is made.  As soon as the bitBTC are in your BitShares decentralised exchange wallet, they are much much more secure than a centralised exchange.  Not as secure as cold storage, but a huge increase in security vs centralised exchanges while maintaining the ability to trade.
POM

Activity: 547
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:01:36 PM

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: