Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:23:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bter Exchange Cold Wallet return to zero....  (Read 5469 times)
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:57:56 AM

How the fuck can you lose 7000 bitcoins from a cold storage, and why on earth would you keep all the funds in 1 wallet ? who taught them to do security ?

You can't. Which is why everything points it to be an inside job.

The person who transfers coins between hot and cold storage could've had a trojan on his computer? This would explain why after the normal 100 BTC transfers the actual theft happened.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 07:49:22 AM

Start an exchange -> get lots of customer deposit -> claim to be hacked -> profit

Bitcoin lost is not in any protection of law, only fiat money, if they could just return the fiat money to users, they will get away leagally

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:03:29 AM

Start an exchange -> get lots of customer deposit -> claim to be hacked -> profit

Bitcoin lost is not in any protection of law, only fiat money, if they could just return the fiat money to users, they will get away leagally

Exactly, and while BTER went to the police to report a hacker, we should go to the police and report an inside job theft.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:13:42 AM

Yep. Sad but true.
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:52:12 AM

Would be a real embarrassment and a lot of trouble for them if someone wins that 720 BTC bounty and the thief turns out to be BTER themselves.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:53:41 AM

What do you mean by "not in any protection of law"?
In the USA Bitcoin are property, so it is still property theft, isn't it? (not sure about other countries, not even my own ^^ )

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 10:43:21 PM

What do you mean by "not in any protection of law"?
In the USA Bitcoin are property, so it is still property theft, isn't it? (not sure about other countries, not even my own ^^ )

Yep. Stealing is stealing. Period  Angry
Twipple

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 11:34:26 PM

Would be a real embarrassment and a lot of trouble for them if someone wins that 720 BTC bounty and the thief turns out to be BTER themselves.

At that point they would chose to end it , and resort to stealing.
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:02:33 AM

Once again lose of 18 btc + alt i am finished first matgox, then bfl, then gaw, then chris, then due to fucking scamer Angry  its last time i am dealing with international exchanges. Now i will try to find out local exchange Sad

really.. you lost btc on all of these?  even gaw?  you should not pretend to have any btc anymore.  no one believes you.
acsonline

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:11:14 AM

Once again lose of 18 btc + alt i am finished first matgox, then bfl, then gaw, then chris, then due to fucking scamer Angry  its last time i am dealing with international exchanges. Now i will try to find out local exchange Sad

really.. you lost btc on all of these?  even gaw?  you should not pretend to have any btc anymore.  no one believes you.

Yes its true starting from mtgox . And why you so serious about GAW. The major lose was with gaw. Because of their fucking 20$ promise. And i am not here to collect any charity so who cares anyone believes or not and the people wholost money in all these definitely know what i am feeling :-)

And once more gaw the largest scammers.
hangar18

Activity: 676

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:58:05 AM

be wise with your coins, do not store  all your coins on an exchange
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:15:09 AM

Once again lose of 18 btc + alt i am finished first matgox, then bfl, then gaw, then chris, then due to fucking scamer Angry  its last time i am dealing with international exchanges. Now i will try to find out local exchange Sad

Wow...    looks like all the scammers are targeting you wherever you go!
Let me know where you have kept your coins now, so that I can immediately withdraw my coins from it  Cheesy

Just joking.

But seriously dude..  you were a victim of all these scams, and yet you kept 18+ BTC on a chinese exchange?
Tell me you have thousands of BTC and 18+ is nothing for you.
acsonline

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:53:12 AM

Once again lose of 18 btc + alt i am finished first matgox, then bfl, then gaw, then chris, then due to fucking scamer Angry  its last time i am dealing with international exchanges. Now i will try to find out local exchange Sad

Wow...    looks like all the scammers are targeting you wherever you go!
Let me know where you have kept your coins now, so that I can immediately withdraw my coins from it  Cheesy

Just joking.

But seriously dude..  you were a victim of all these scams, and yet you kept 18+ BTC on a chinese exchange?
Tell me you have thousands of BTC and 18+ is nothing for you.

Nop bro now i dont have btc i have alt voins and fiat ( limited ) and start exchange with the same :-)
acsonline

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:39:44 AM

+1000

Then the only wise way that everyone haveto start there own exchange and trade only on that :-)
harry_weener

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 10:46:34 AM

+1000

Then the only wise way that everyone haveto start there own exchange and trade only on that :-)

In-wallet trading would probably be a good alternative  Wink
Picasso7

Activity: 76

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 05:04:40 PM

Who is Lin Han ?
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 06:56:39 PM

really.. you lost btc on all of these?  even gaw?  you should not pretend to have any btc anymore.  no one believes you.

Yes its true starting from mtgox . And why you so serious about GAW. The major lose was with gaw. Because of their fucking 20$ promise. And i am not here to collect any charity so who cares anyone believes or not and the people wholost money in all these definitely know what i am feeling :-)

gaw was pretty obvious from the start.  a fool and his bitcoin are easily parted.
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 07:24:04 PM

gaw was pretty obvious from the start.  a fool and his bitcoin are easily parted.

The 20$ promise must have made them millions and acsonline is only one of thousands of others who were ripped off. A large percentage of bitcointalk members must have been ripped off by them.
prodigy8

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 04:30:11 AM

it is not recommended to keep large amounts of coin on an exchange due to the risk of exchange failure, hacking etc. I personally leave only 10% of my "Bank"
stdset

Activity: 572
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 06:57:00 AM

How the fuck can you lose 7000 bitcoins from a cold storage, and why on earth would you keep all the funds in 1 wallet ? who taught them to do security ?

You can't. Which is why everything points it to be an inside job.

The person who transfers coins between hot and cold storage could've had a trojan on his computer? This would explain why after the normal 100 BTC transfers the actual theft happened.
What a smart insider would do? He would steal privkeys, import them to his wallet, then wait for a withdrawal from the cold wallet, immediately after that he would empty their cold wallet to make it look like they got a trojan on their cold wallet system, which wasn't truly cold if that happened.

We can't be sure what exactly happened. It looks like it was a trojan, but insider theft would probably look exctly the same.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: