Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The no ad-sigs posters allowed topic - come and not be annoyed by rubbish posts  (Read 4967 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 03:17:13 PM
Last edit: February 16, 2015, 03:52:03 PM by CIYAM

I am getting so sick of seeing pointless, rubbish ad-sig posts in every single topic on this forum that I have started this topic just to allow others that have something that might be of any actual interest to others to post in.

Rules are:

1. If you have an ad-sig then I will delete your post no matter how "relevant" you think it is (go and post somewhere else - you have plenty of places to do that and I am sick of you guys trying to "defend yourselves").

2. If you post crap or abuse I'll delete that too.

Let's see if it is possible to actually have some enlightened posts on this forum again.

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 03:20:00 PM

Some interesting discussion might be about the fact that Bitcoin 0.10.0 has been released (with a lot of great new features from what I have read).

Also apparently Ethereum have announced a decentralised exchange (have only seen a youtube link about that so far so if there is a non-video link that would be of interest to me as youtube is problematic when you live in China).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 04:25:02 PM

The lack of posting is telling in itself (it would be interesting to actually see the stats about just how many forum posts are from posters with ad-sigs).

I wonder if any of the admins are able to come up with a reasonable guesstimate?

arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 04:35:08 PM

Some interesting discussion might be about the fact that Bitcoin 0.10.0 has been released (with a lot of great new features from what I have read).

Also apparently Ethereum have announced a decentralised exchange (have only seen a youtube link about that so far so if there is a non-video link that would be of interest to me as youtube is problematic when you live in China).

Haven't heard anything on Ethereum from a while. Thought they ran off with our bitcoin and retired in Hawaii.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 04:36:42 PM

Haven't heard anything on Ethereum from a while. Thought they ran off with our bitcoin and retired in Hawaii.

I did find one link about their "exchange application" (http://www.meetup.com/Ethereum-Denver/events/193412162/) but from what I can gather it really is nothing different to what Counterparty or Mastercoin already have (maybe I missed something though).

Also I just noticed that is an old posting (July 2014) so perhaps nothing at all new has happened with that.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 04:40:00 PM

Many months ago I adopted a shoot first policy on members with ads in their sig.  I began reflexively clicking "ignore" on any poster that had an ad in their sig.  I only un-ignore when I encounter quotes of things that poster has said that indicate that they actually contribute useful, helpful, or interesting things.

This has made bitcointalk a much more useful and much more pleasant place to participate in.
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 04:42:29 PM

Whilst I think your method is probably now advised I do find it disappointing that the forum forces people who are actually of benefit (by posting very useful advice such as yourself) to have to spend much of their time clicking Ignore simply because the forum seems to think it is fine to just pile everything in a bunch of shit posts so some people can earn (very small amounts of) money from that.

I had tried other ways to "protest" about this before and each has been of no use - so having a "no ad-sig allowed" topic is perhaps my "last attempt" at trying to raise this issue.

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:04:10 PM

Again the rules are clear (yes I expected ad-sig posters to try and defend themselves) - so ad-sig posters just post everywhere else (I think you can restrain yourselves not to post in one topic or can't you?).

And no - my sig is not part of any ad-sig sponsor campaign (obviously as no-one else has it in their sig and the only links are to GPG and a Bitcoin address).

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:06:08 PM

What do you think of the colored-coin ? Will be it a great feature or not ?
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:08:25 PM

We have seen some interesting stuff already with coloured coins in regards to Counterparty and Mastercoin.

From the perspective of "smart contracts" the main issue I think is just going to be one of performance (i.e. confirmation times).

gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:08:40 PM

Agreed. Never had a paid signature in mine. Infact, I haven't changed my sig since I even started this board. I don't even offer my vanity address service any more; I sold my rig.

Probably should change it.

I've even noted a while back that most posts from really stupid threads are probably from the same person just grinding the paid advertisements by themselves. After I noted it in a certain thread, it stopped on that one and started on a new one lol: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=885254.msg9776174#msg9776174

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:12:50 PM

Some people just don't seem to understand the difference between having a "sig" (which might have a link to a topic or a Bitcoin address or GPG key) and an ad-sig but I think most of us who are sick of the pointless posts *all see this*.

gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:14:17 PM

Well, first time I used the block button on this forum also. Children lol Roll Eyes

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:18:39 PM

It is funny that when even asked to simply not post in one single topic - they just can't (maybe they fear I might actually have some effect and reduce their pointless post income).

This is the kind of problem that the posting on this forum has come to (no topic can escape being spammed with ad-sig posts even if explicitly stated that that is not acceptable).

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:23:15 PM

We have seen some interesting stuff already with coloured coins in regards to Counterparty and Mastercoin.

From the perspective of "smart contracts" the main issue I think is just going to be one of performance (i.e. confirmation times).

thanks for your answer, I'm also think the colored-coin feauture will work only for the "little part" (maybe "private" contract).
CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:25:32 PM

For things of "high value" (such as say property titles) then IMO the Bitcoin confirmation time is of no issue (so those things a very suitable to work as "coloured coins" backed by the power of the Bitcoin blockchain).

For things of much "lower value" I think less powerful blockchains (that have faster confirmation times) might be more suitable (and that doesn't mean I am championing any particular "alt").

pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:28:33 PM

CIYAM are you the guy on the BURST dev team?

CIYAM (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2015, 05:30:08 PM

I help them with AT (but I am not paid by them or anyone else).

pinkman12345
Legendary

Activity: 1070
Merit: 1021

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:33:02 PM

I help them with AT (but I am not paid by them or anyone else).

i have the wallet but i don't see any AT's when i click the AT button on sidebar, all i have is a 'create AT' button... am i doing something incredibly wrong?

Also, have you worked on the Ethereum project at all? which one is better?

runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:33:40 PM

You know you can hide all user sigs, right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: