I used to do solo mining from time to time with GUIminer and btc client v0.3.24 as follows:
* solo utilities -> Create solo password. (to create my username & pass)
* solo utlities -> Set bitcoin client path.
* solo utilities -> Launch bitcoin client as server. (with btc client previously closed)
* file -> new miner -> new openCL miner. (name this miner: solo)
* miner tab settings -> server:solo, host:localhost, port:8332, user:myusername, pass:mypassword
* start mining!
In fact I solved 2 blocks a year ago, just doing small attemps of 30min per day solo mining
1st block solved mining with gtx570 @ 115 MHs with 1.380M difficulty
2nd block solved mining with hd5830 @ 275 MHs with 1.780M difficulty
Well, I can conclude that solve a block with solo mining is not impossible.-
I want to try a lucky shot again
I don't know how to run/launch BitcoinQT (btc client v0.3.6) as server.
It can't be launched using GUIminer like I used to do with v0.3.24
Is it possible to solo mining with BitcoinQT?
If it can be done, so I really appreciate a foolproof guide step by step.
Thanks in advance.-