Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 04:57:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Questions about "Trust"  (Read 1327 times)
locopao (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 11:23:42 PM

Can anyone show me where is the post explaining how the trust works? I've been searching for this topic for the last hour (i remember a long time ago i saw it somewher but i cannot find it now)

I just want to know what exactly these numbers mean

for example 9: -0 / +5(5)

what's the first number? the 9?
i know that +5 means = 5 positive feedbacks left
but what is the other 5 means inside parenthesis

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2950

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:00:05 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2015, 12:19:24 AM by Cyrus

Here's the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858.0

Edit: oups, fixed the link.

locopao (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:08:49 AM

Thanks but this is about signature campaigns

(very usefull, too)

abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:16:38 AM

Were you looking for this thread? (Meta > Marketplace trust)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858
locopao (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:25:55 AM

Were you looking for this thread? (Meta > Marketplace trust)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211858

Yes!

That's the one! Thanks a lot!  Wink
abacus

Activity: 618
Merit: 500

a clockwork miner

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 12:47:01 AM

Yes!

You're welcome!

Sometime it's not so easy to find things because of the buggy search function.
I belive it'll work much better in the new forum software.
locopao (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 01:20:21 PM

Yes!

You're welcome!

Sometime it's not so easy to find things because of the buggy search function.
I belive it'll work much better in the new forum software.

That would be a great addon to the already awesome forum.

Although "Meta" is a forum section i rarely view, that's why i didn't find the thread. Maybe i should check more often there.
Fiesta01

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 01:37:27 PM

The number on the left is your trust score it is determined by a complex formula. The next number is the number of scam reports that are on your profile.

The next number to the right is the total number of positive reports. The number to the very right is the the number directly to the left of it but with a limit of one positive trust from each person per month (this is hard to manulapuate and is what is used to calculate the very left number).

The red warning that says to trade with caution means that you have a net negative trust score, generally because you are a scammer. You are a scammer because you are either an alt of candystripes or are willing to work with him close enough to try to scam others.

All the number are only based on people who gave you trust (positive or negative) who are on your trust list.

Regardless the negative trust on your account is appropriate.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 02:07:48 PM

The number on the left is your trust score it is determined by a complex formula. The next number is the number of scam reports that are on your profile.

The next number to the right is the total number of positive reports. The number to the very right is the the number directly to the left of it but with a limit of one positive trust from each person per month (this is hard to manulapuate and is what is used to calculate the very left number).

The red warning that says to trade with caution means that you have a net negative trust score, generally because you are a scammer. You are a scammer because you are either an alt of candystripes or are willing to work with him close enough to try to scam others.

All the number are only based on people who gave you trust (positive or negative) who are on your trust list.

Regardless the negative trust on your account is appropriate.

Your posts make confusions and more new posts/spams will be here. Quoting the posts to avoid further questions/maybe_answers:

I added a trust system to the marketplace sections. When you're logged in, you'll now see something like this next to Marketplace posts:
Trust: 1: -0 / +12(3)

The first number is the user's trust score calculated based on how consistently they've received positive feedback. Probably no one will get a score above 0 until the system has been around for at least a month. The second number is the number of reported scams. The third number increases with the number of positive reports, as does the fourth number in parenthesis, though the fourth number is more resistant to abuse. This text changes color depending on the score. Users with a negative score (attainable through scamming) get a red warning attached to their posts.

These scores are taken from your trust network. They are not global scores. You can edit your trust network here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust
If your trust depth is set to 2 (the default), you will trust feedback by people you trust, people they trust, and people they trust. I might change the default in the future; we'll see how this works. Your trust list is public.

On feedback pages, you can leave trade feedback. There are no rules for this, but here are some guidelines:
- List all of the trades that you do with people (or at least the major ones). This is not like #bitcoin-otc where you give people just one score.
- Do not rate people based on the quality of their posts.
- Older ratings count for more, so don't delete old ratings if you can avoid it.
- "Risked BTC" is how much money you could have lost if the person you're rating had turned out to be a scammer. Or, if they are a scammer, it's how much you lost. Use the BTC value at the time of reporting.
- It's OK to post a rating about the person in general, not tied to a specific trade.
- If you want to make a rating stronger, increase "Risked BTC". 50 extra risked BTC is equivalent to an additional rating.

If your trust list is totally empty, you trust "DefaultTrust", which includes some trustworthy people that I'll select. But if you add anyone to your trust list, even if they don't trust anyone, DefaultTrust will no longer be considered part of your trust list.

-MZ

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: