Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:33:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to send 50 btc to 50 addresses untainted  (Read 2677 times)
unclemantis (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 03:54:36 AM

That means I want to create 50 public/private key pairs and fund each one with exactly 1 whole btc. Here is the thing. I want to fund them with newly minted coins but i am not a miner. The coins need to be intact, as in i don't want to have 1btc that is coming from 2 or more addresses to create the 1btc.

Thoughts?

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:06:11 AM

Example

https://blockchain.info/tx-index/13557166/1b087e140ef1193abcf3e8a9985cc5849d6f223b4e4251530b7ea8a410e3b61d

Is it possible to purchase an entire newly generated coin reward block?

And yes this is going back to my Collectability idea Smiley

Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
mb300sd
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:10:27 AM

If your willing to accept

generation address -> your address -> 50 addresses

i'm sure any plenty of pool ops will take 55 btc in exchange for 50.

1D7FJWRzeKa4SLmTznd3JpeNU13L1ErEco
unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:14:08 AM

If your willing to accept

generation address -> your address -> 50 addresses

i'm sure any plenty of pool ops will take 55 btc in exchange for 50.

If I present them with 50 unique addresses they will be able to fund each address?

55btc in exchange sounds fair. How would I go about doing this?

Another question, how is asking a pool operator or a single miner for that manner result any different or the same as blockchain.info's https://blockchain.info/wallet/send-anonymously service?

goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:16:06 AM

That means I want to create 50 public/private key pairs and fund each one with exactly 1 whole btc. Here is the thing. I want to fund them with newly minted coins but i am not a miner. The coins need to be intact, as in i don't want to have 1btc that is coming from 2 or more addresses to create the 1btc.

Thoughts?

what do you want to do this for? just curious

BkkCoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 1009

firstbits:1MinerQ

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:17:45 AM

You may be able to convince a pool operator or solo miner to do a deal. They save the 50 btc for you and pay out miner shares from his own coins instead.

To my recollection the only pool op who actually splits a mined block directly is Eligius. I used to mine there and would receive payouts that were not normal transactions but "Generated" ones from the actual block being generated.

I'm not sure if he does that any more or not. But for collectibility what you'd want is that special "Generated" transaction, not the regular payment transaction that most pools send.

You'd probably have more luck advertising for a solo miner to pay a premium on getting a generated block. It all seems pretty academic though as you could mine at Eligius and get portions of generated blocks and wait until it gets to 50 btc total. (His pool will send "generate" transactions to the address you provide).

Then split that into 50 x 1 btc to 50 fresh addresses created in bulk using bitaddress.org. The blockchain would show the result as 1 BTC that came from the 50BTC address and those were all "Generated". So it's only one step removed from direct generated.

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:20:16 AM

You may be able to convince a pool operator or solo miner to do a deal. They save the 50 btc for you and pay out miner shares from his own coins instead.

To my recollection the only pool op who actually splits a mined block directly is Eligius. I used to mine there and would receive payouts that were not normal transactions but "Generated" ones from the actual block being generated.

I'm not sure if he does that any more or not. But for collectibility what you'd want is that special "Generated" transaction, not the regular payment transaction that most pools send.

You'd probably have more luck advertising for a solo miner to pay a premium on getting a generated block. It all seems pretty academic though as you could mine at Eligius and get portions of generated blocks and sum them up to a 50 btc total. Then split that into 50 x 1 btc to 50 fresh addresses created in bulk using bitaddress.org. The blockchain would show the result as 1 BTC that came from the 50BTC address and those were all "Generated". So it's only one step removed from direct generated.

I could go as pure as not splitting the reward block into 50 1btc addresses and request the private key that the reward was sent to be sold. Of course that would pose a TRUST issue but I can't see getting any pure than that.

Also how would one fund 50 individual addresses with a single btc each in one transaction?

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:21:24 AM

Thoughts?

Because I am a nut.

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:25:05 AM

I could go as pure as not splitting the reward block into 50 1btc addresses and request the private key that the reward was sent to be sold. Of course that would pose a TRUST issue but I can't see getting any pure than that.

Also how would one fund 50 individual addresses with a single btc each in one transaction?

You would provide the pool op with the address they will gen into so that you already have the private key safe.

bitaddress.org has a tool you can use to create 50 addresses in a few seconds. Then you would paste that list into a transaction destination at blockchain.info. I haven't done that so I'm not sure if pasting multiple addresses works easily. Maybe you need to do a search/replace <lineend> to insert semi-colons or something  like that.

added later:
If you mine at Eligius then you provide an address to have the generated coins sent to. You end up with 50 btc total made up of multiple block transactions but all 100% pure generated coins. Then you spend that to your final 50 addresses. If you can't mine then it may be easier to make deals with people who mine there to mine for you until you have 50 btc, again giving them the target address to mine into.

mb300sd
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:25:25 AM

You'd probably have more luck advertising for a solo miner to pay a premium on getting a generated block. It all seems pretty academic though as you could mine at Eligius and get portions of generated blocks and sum them up to a 50 btc total. Then split that into 50 x 1 btc to 50 fresh addresses created in bulk using bitaddress.org. The blockchain would show the result as 1 BTC that came from the 50BTC address and those were all "Generated". So it's only one step removed from direct generated.

bitcoind sendmany '["","input address"]' '{"output1":1,"output2":2,...}'

(requires coin control patch)

goodlord666

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

100%

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:25:58 AM

Thoughts?

Because I am a nut.

The idea is kinda juicy I must admit. Just for coolness' sake.

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:33:37 AM

As coin control won't be making into the main trunk you might want to instead look at the "raw transaction" API stuff (that will be in 0.7 and will allow you to do this - is just more low level than the "coin control" approach).

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:36:57 AM

Thoughts?

Because I am a nut.

The idea is kinda juicy I must admit. Just for coolness' sake.

If you must know, it will be for my COLD STORAGE method. Smiley

Planning on taking 50 private keys, encrypt them using AES and then take the encrypted string and print that on a certificate paper with other cool designs. The password would be handed down to the next owner. It would be in the form of a book with a highlighted passage that is not to be stored near the certificate.

And of course i will have less than pretty backups too. Smiley

BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:37:34 AM

I think if you put the offer out there that you'd pay 55 btc for a block generated to your given address you'd find some taker, whether a pool op or solo miner. You'd have to establish some trust though as I expect you'd have to pay first since once the address gets generated there is no way to force payment. But also in this method it's just as easy to give them 50 addresses and have the block split as generated so each 1 btc address is truly virgin as white snow.

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:37:37 AM

As coin control won't be making into the main trunk you might want to instead look at the "raw transaction" API stuff (that will be in 0.7 and will allow you to do this - is just more low level than the "coin control" approach).

Read my above reply. Are you game in helping out?

unclemantis (OP)

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:38:45 AM

I think if you put the offer out there that you'd pay 55 btc for a block generated to your given address you'd find some taker, whether a pool op or solo miner. You'd have to establish some trust though as I expect you'd have to pay first since once the address gets generated there is no way to force payment. But also in this method it's just as easy to give them 50 addresses and have the block split as generated so each 1 btc address is truly virgin as white snow.

You guys are coming up with some great ideas.

Maybe I can get a Virgin Escrow service together Smiley

CIYAM
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1075

Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 04:46:06 AM

Read my above reply. Are you game in helping out?

Sure - am a little confused though about the ownership transfer mechanism though.

Is that you are wanting the money to never actually be spent but somehow the "ownership" of this money to be transferred to another user?

(If this is what you are after then perhaps multisig could be of some use to accomplish this?)

With CIYAM anyone can create 100% generated C++ web applications in literally minutes.

GPG Public Key | 1ciyam3htJit1feGa26p2wQ4aw6KFTejU
BkkCoins

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 05:06:27 AM

Actually I just revisited Eligius Pool and see they still use generated payouts and they still have a payout queue. So miners waiting for payment are in the queue and get sent coins directly in the newly generated block. Maybe you can bribe LukeJr to jump the queue. Pay extra to give you a virgin block and let the extra fee be added to the queue so those who have to wait a few hours longer get compensated.

For an example of the payouts Eligius does see this blockinfo link. The miners are the addresses in the first "Generated" transaction and is "pure". Most pools don't do this. They payout miners with transactions from their own pool reserves, which could be tainted. (My mined coins from 50btc.com currently show between 2% - 92% taint on blockchain.info - quite slutty I'd say!!!)

http://blockchain.info/block/00000000000007e575cd8902b33f3c9d4eb680ac0cb3662a5889f64a1a39aa9c

See this link for a miner's address from above that is all made up of multiple generated inputs (53 of them) and no "slutty" coinage.

http://blockchain.info/address/18cFZ2PA5p7kkpfMvwnxvmzKEvWAimx6ZX

(edit: oops, I didn't notice at first there is one leaky input on that address that gives a slight taint to it overall.)

mb300sd
Legendary

Drunk Posts

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 05:20:21 AM

Try contacting Tycho..

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=94747.msg1050316#msg1050316
Is anyone interested in last 50 BTC, first 25 BTC or some other exotic uncirculated coins ?
We can negotiate this.

julz
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 06:15:06 AM

I don't understand how any bitcoins can have collectability without safe transferrability.
Unfortunately - the only safe way to confirm you are the *sole* holder of a particular private key is to perform a transaction on the blockchain to a new private key...  thus ruining the collectible nature of the coins.. right?

@electricwings   BM-GtyD5exuDJ2kvEbr41XchkC8x9hPxdFd
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: