Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:47:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Program for automatic portfolio rebalancing?!  (Read 2557 times)
timgri (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 10:52:34 PM

Hello!

I would love to have an application - kind of like a bittorrent client - that would automatically rebalance a portfolio with a number of cryptocurrencies. I would like to be able to choose which currencies I want and also to choose the desired ratio between them.

Is there such an application out there already? If not, would it be possible to create one, maybe using the ethereum platform?

If such a program would become a popular way of investing money, this could have a stabilizing impact on the value of the cryptocurrencies, which would be really good for the industry as a whole, don´t you think???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jcrubino

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:45:33 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 11:37:04 PM by jcrubino

I have been working on portfolio viability research.

Its not clear yet if Ethereum will be able to actually initiate transactions for other block chains, as of now Ethereum does not seem to support this as a demonstrable feature.

Best bet is to build a wallet for your coins with exchange automation built in.

timgri (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 10, 2015, 04:15:41 AM

Is there a good wallet with such automatic features that you can recommend?
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2015, 03:17:37 PM

I'm not sure that anything out there to do automated portfolio rebalancing is going to be in anyway like a bittorrent client...

There are many portfolio rebalancing scripts available at cryptotrader.org, maybe start by taking a look there.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:03:15 PM

Hello!

I would love to have an application - kind of like a bittorrent client - that would automatically rebalance a portfolio with a number of cryptocurrencies. I would like to be able to choose which currencies I want and also to choose the desired ratio between them.

Is there such an application out there already? If not, would it be possible to create one, maybe using the ethereum platform?

I guess you could easily do this by using a conventional spreadsheet program (something like Microsoft Excel on Windows, or LibreOffice Calc on Linux). By the way, how are you going to shuffle your cryptocurrency assets, some portfolio theory?

Any Harry Markowitz here?

picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 15, 2015, 01:02:11 AM

Hello!

If such a program would become a popular way of investing money, this could have a stabilizing impact on the value of the cryptocurrencies, which would be really good for the industry as a whole, don´t you think???

It doesn't answer your question but you could do it yourself every week by calculating which currency(ies) you need to sell and which one(s) you need to buy.
remnokc

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 06:52:16 PM

Hello!

It doesn't answer your question but you could do it yourself every week by calculating which currency(ies) you need to sell and which one(s) you need to buy.

for now that is what I am going to plan on doing, even though expensive, possibly using ShapeShift and my CexDotIo acct. or maybe just my wallets Huh yeah, that would prolly be better!!
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2015, 05:09:27 AM

Hello!

for now that is what I am going to plan on doing, even though expensive, possibly using ShapeShift and my CexDotIo acct. or maybe just my wallets Huh yeah, that would prolly be better!!

If you have any programming skill or willingness to learn a bit, cryptotrader.org will be your best option like joesmoe2012 recommended.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
sores

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:48:26 PM

Hello!

I guess you could easily do this by using a conventional spreadsheet program (something like Microsoft Excel on Windows, or LibreOffice Calc on Linux). By the way, how are you going to shuffle your cryptocurrency assets, some portfolio theory?

Any Harry Markowitz here?

²nd. Would be interesting to know. I currently add to my existing positions using a "value averaging approach" (see VA). However, so far the weights I use are equal-weight. I would like to opt for something more sophisticated  Tongue.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: