Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 06:27:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Darkleaks Will Open Pandora’s Box, Will The World Ever Be The Same?  (Read 3190 times)
traderman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:14:33 AM

A blackmarket for just about any kind of information working off the blockchain. Interesting stuff.

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/darkleaks-will-open-pandoras-box-will-world-ever/
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:32:22 AM

dunno

Amir taaki behind I think and darkwallet
very talented, intelligent bloke imo
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/17005/bitcoin-technology-worth-nothing-interview-dark-wallet-front-man-amir-taaki/

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:34:16 AM

that dude is fucking brilliant.
traderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:35:51 AM

If this thing works as planned, I can imagine the type of crap that will start to surface. Can you imagine how many people are keeping theirs mouths shut for fear of prosecution.

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:38:33 AM

If this thing works as planned, I can imagine the type of crap that will start to surface. Can you imagine how many people are keeping theirs mouths shut for fear of prosecution.

Release The Kraken
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:16:15 AM

What he says is very interesting… So how do we turn this into a reality if for thousands of years the system has been designed to weed out 'parasites' like him and to takeover bitcoin so its not a threat to the establishment….

If bitcoin transactions  really cost about $30. And scalability is being viewed and dealt with from the wrong perspective then, how do we be apart of what fixes these problems… I don't want to see bitcoin get ruined, and I find it very hard for another coin to gain trust if bitcoin gets infiltrated..
Guido
Legendary

Activity: 1061

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:22:47 AM

brilliant interview with Amir Taaki
http://www.maxkeiser.com/2014/10/kr661-keiser-report-spaghettios-of-terror/

second half

I am Bonkers BTW
Crypto OG
        +
Digital Artist
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:34:31 AM

dunno

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/17005/bitcoin-technology-worth-nothing-interview-dark-wallet-front-man-amir-taaki/

excellent read

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:37:34 AM

Yep, darkleak will release a Pandora's Box alright. Let us see how this project will go. Would there be a  lot of buyers and will there be a lot of interesting stuffs that will be released online?
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:41:07 AM

I respect and continue to support most of his projects but this statement doesn't make much sense in the context of decentralization:

This doesn’t need to be a problem, in particular for the functionality of Bitcoin as an instrument to settle debts. The way banks work today is not that every transaction done between two parties is sent directly from one bank account to the other. Instead, they add up all transactions between the different banks, and settle the debts at the end of the day.

I  hold some of the same concerns he has, but the way to accomplish this is not to replace Visa / Mastercard where Bitcoin is another backbone settlement processor between centralized off the chain banks....

We don't have to adopt an overly simplistic approach either and just repeatedly scale up the block size from 1MB to 200MB. 7TPS isn't what we have right now but 2-7TPS realistically and that will not be sufficient even if we are processing most transactions on sidechains. We need to increase the blocksize regardless , perhaps more conservatively than what is initially being proposed however.

Darkleaks is an amazing idea BTW...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22530093.100-darkleaks-lets-anyone-sell-secrets-for-bitcoin.html

This is the type of material that will make Wikileaks look conservative.

bravo.

CtrlAltBernanke420

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:57:43 AM

I respect and continue to support most of his projects but this statement doesn't make much sense in the context of decentralization:

This doesn’t need to be a problem, in particular for the functionality of Bitcoin as an instrument to settle debts. The way banks work today is not that every transaction done between two parties is sent directly from one bank account to the other. Instead, they add up all transactions between the different banks, and settle the debts at the end of the day.

I  hold some of the same concerns he has, but the way to accomplish this is not to replace Visa / Mastercard where Bitcoin is another backbone settlement processor between centralized off the chain banks....

We don't have to adopt an overly simplistic approach either and just repeatedly scale up the block size from 1MB to 200MB. 7TPS isn't what we have right now but 2-7TPS realistically and that will not be sufficient even if we are processing most transactions on sidechains. We need to increase the blocksize regardless , perhaps more conservatively than what is initially being proposed however.

Darkleaks is an amazing idea BTW...

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg22530093.100-darkleaks-lets-anyone-sell-secrets-for-bitcoin.html

This is the type of material that will make Wikileaks look conservative.

bravo.

@ $30/transaction bitcoin will never work long term...
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:14:58 AM

@ $30/transaction bitcoin will never work long term...

Agreed.
Most people don't care about security and privacy and will not pay that much when there are other options available. There are already a couple alts that have some aspects better than btc for privacy and with advanced forms of TaPoS/PoS they can be designed secure enough , bitcoin will not compete with these alts if it raises TX fees that high and stays at 2-7TPS.

Bitcoin needs to stay innovative and compete and no one is suggesting we need to sacrifice our core values to make that happen.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:47:28 AM

There will be running a lot of scams and lies on Darkleaks.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
CtrlAltBernanke420

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:21:59 PM

im not saying were not in the early days of this thing… But when Microsoft accepts bitcoin, you know for the most part are not scamming you… the rest is basically what you know to do with code. Simply "blogging" is a form of code we know in our lives. How to use a computer is beginner code.
cheekychap

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:01:15 PM

I think it had something to verify everything. But I am sure, that part will be sorted out, as it would be the biggest concern.

neoneros

Activity: 462

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 08:04:58 PM

I think it had something to verify everything. But I am sure, that part will be sorted out, as it would be the biggest concern.

But will the general public care enough? wikilieaks, snowden, it stumped, now darkleaks might be promissing, but the general public only want's to have their bread and games, entertained and no worries. It would be a great thing if it would spread to the more passive public. Not the ye-sayers that also adopted bitcoin and other world revealing tech.

koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:18:54 PM

Though people might say bad of the site  but i find it interesting
It got HD hollywood movies man!
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:53:36 PM

dunno

"""Is Bitcoin being corrupted right now?

In some ways, yes. The Bitcoin Foundation is trying to establish itself as a central point of Bitcoin through which it can fund and steer development, while at the same time working together with the state and Wall Street. What’s going to happen, is that governments will use the Foundation to pressure Bitcoin development in certain directions."""

I saw it coming, people need to be careful about this bitcoin foundation, who decided to create it in the first place? why this need to always create a central governance? as time goes by i can clearly see where this is heading and it's bad news..they will try and create problems that bitcoin doesn't have and use this foundation to solve these problem

we better move on to another cypto now, the freecoin Smiley no foundation, no roundtable,no regulated exchange,no wallstreet nothing just math and decentalization

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:01:49 PM

In some ways, yes. The Bitcoin Foundation is trying to establish itself as a central point of Bitcoin through which it can fund and steer development, while at the same time working together with the state and Wall Street....

Just curious. Where did you hear that?
Bitcoin is open source and decentralized. You could also make a foundation. The more the better. But I have never heard anything like that at BF and the people there are venomously anti-centralization.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
traderman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 09:08:31 PM

I am in full agreement, the Bitcoin Foundation needs to go big time. http://www.btcfeed.net/news/bitcoin-foundation-must-dismantled/

dunno

In some ways, yes. The Bitcoin Foundation is trying to establish itself as a central point of Bitcoin through which it can fund and steer development, while at the same time working together with the state and Wall Street. What’s going to happen, is that governments will use the Foundation to pressure Bitcoin development in certain directions."""

I saw it coming, people need to be careful about this bitcoin foundation, who decided to create it in the first place? why this need to always create a central governance? as time goes by i can clearly see where this is heading and it's bad news..they will try and create problems that bitcoin doesn't have and use this foundation to solve these problem

we better move on to another cypto now, the freecoin Smiley no foundation, no roundtable,no regulated exchange,no wallstreet nothing just math and decentalization
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: