Bitcoin Forum
July 10, 2024, 09:51:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [close]  (Read 3526 times)
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 11:15:43 AM

Can you prove that you own the account? I'm asking for others who may be interested.

If not what proves that the account wasn't hacked?

Yes, of course I could prove this and no it is not hacked.  That is why I'm willing to go with a reputable escrow.

That doesn't change anything if you use an escrow. It could still be hacked.
TrianglePythagoras

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:14:46 PM

escrow?

i offer 1.2 btc

It's a decent offer. but i'd sell it for around 1.8 - 2btc
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:34:23 PM

Someone could easily earn that back with sig campaigns, loans, etc in just a few months.

Yeah and by scamming with their new Hero member account with positive trust. Is it a heavy positive trust?

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:37:27 PM

escrow?

i offer 1.2 btc

It's a decent offer. but i'd sell it for around 1.8 - 2btc

Yeah I am looking for 2BTC.  I see quickseller has posted in another thread that one of his accounts for sale with lots of trust is listed at 7.5BTC.  I think 2BTC is reasonable for a Hero Member w lots of trust.  Someone could easily earn that back with sig campaigns, loans, etc in just a few months.
that offer was for an account that I believe I can procure that has deep/dark green trust and is on default trust (and is a legendary account). You are selling an account with "a bit of green trust" which implies is only light green and is not on default trust.

The market for these accounts is very small so if you were to expect to sell it quickly you would be disappointed. I believe that person is now accepting offers for "light green" accounts as well.
WTS Hero Acct (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:44:01 PM

that offer was for an account that I believe I can procure that has deep/dark green trust and is on default trust (and is a legendary account). You are selling an account with "a bit of green trust" which implies is only light green and is not on default trust.

The market for these accounts is very small so if you were to expect to sell it quickly you would be disappointed. I believe that person is now accepting offers for "light green" accounts as well.

Did not know you were talking about a legendary acct.

And mine has dark green trust (over 10), although I don't think it is on the "default trust" list.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 07:46:35 PM

Did not know you were talking about a legendary acct.

And mine has dark green trust (over 10).
you should send that guy a PM.

Are you willing to tell me the name of the account (via PM)? I think I may have asked this before but I am not sure if this was to you or someone else.
peligro

Activity: 593
Merit: 500

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:06:32 PM

The only reason anyone would pay extra for green trust is to scam, so it is a good practice to insist on a signed message from an old address even when dealing with a member with good trust rating.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:09:30 PM

The only reason anyone would pay extra for green trust is to scam, so it is a good practice to insist on a signed message from an old address even when dealing with a member with good trust rating.

Maybe a legit purpose to buy an account is the signature campaigns, no one "sane" will buy an account only for scam the other forum users, because everyone should use an escrow (for prevent any scam attempt).
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 03:11:25 PM

there is also the prestige of being able to post from an account with green trust. This is the primary reason why someone would buy a hero account over a senior account.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:15:54 PM

there is also the prestige of being able to post from an account with green trust. This is the primary reason why someone would buy a hero account over a senior account.

He may also want to buy/sell something but as he isn't trusted enough, most people will go away. So with accounts which have more value, he can buy/sell.

-MZ

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 03:51:50 PM

Selling accounts with green trust can be easily used to scam others if the accounts are sold. If possible, try to remove the green trust before selling the account as it is you who has earned the feedback and not the buyer. There has been a case before as well where the account sold was used to scam with the help of the feedback. Anyways, your wish.

Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 05:36:37 PM

Selling accounts with green trust can be easily used to scam others if the accounts are sold. If possible, try to remove the green trust before selling the account as it is you who has earned the feedback and not the buyer. There has been a case before as well where the account sold was used to scam with the help of the feedback. Anyways, your wish.

In an ideal world, this would be true. You're right in saying that the trust was intended for the original owner of the account and reflects the trades that they did, and not the new owner. However, having green trust also significantly increases the value of the account being sold which means that it makes sense for the seller to retain the feedback in order to get maximum profit from the transaction.

Maybe a legit purpose to buy an account is the signature campaigns, no one "sane" will buy an account only for scam the other forum users, because everyone should use an escrow (for prevent any scam attempt).

Positive trust shouldn't matter for a sig campaign since someone with zero trust and someone with positive trust would get paid at the same rate per post.

From what I've seen, it's fairly common to not use escrow for trades if the other member has positive trust or has a high enough rank (i.e. senior member and above). Fortunately, most of these tend to be smaller trades and larger trades tend to always use escrow.
WTS Hero Acct (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 06:26:50 PM

I doubt anyone would spend 2BTC just to get an account to TRY to scam with.  Most people would want escrow for any transaction that high regardless of trust levels.  I think this would be used more for sig campaigns (a lot pay slightly more for Hero), lending, more attention when posting in threads, etc.  If someone wanted to scam they could buy a senior rank for much cheaper and then work their way up.
chronicsky
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1222

Just looking for peace

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 06:54:53 PM

I doubt anyone would spend 2BTC just to get an account to TRY to scam with.  Most people would want escrow for any transaction that high regardless of trust levels.  I think this would be used more for sig campaigns (a lot pay slightly more for Hero), lending, more attention when posting in threads, etc.  If someone wanted to scam they could buy a senior rank for much cheaper and then work their way up.

Then why exactly will someone buy a Hero member for 2 BTC when they can buy it for 1.5 or less .
As you state , the trust doesn't matter right
Lorenzo

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:05:44 AM

Actually even this method isn't completely scam-proof. The old owner of the hero account could simply move/sell coins from an old address linked to his account so that it has a balance of 0 BTC. Then, the private key of this empty address could be sold alongside the account. The new owner would be able to send a signed message from the old address since he would have the private key.
peligro

Activity: 593

1NoBanksLuJPXf8Sc831fPqjrRpkQPKkEA

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 11:23:57 AM

You don't need to pay extra for a green trust account. The signature campaigns pay based on rank only.
abyrnes81

Activity: 714

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 12:25:48 PM

You don't need to pay extra for a green trust account. The signature campaigns pay based on rank only.

I know indeed I told the unique legit purpose to buy another account is the signature campaigns, no one of them look if you have a green trust or neutral trust (maybe only the cloumining.website signature campaign).

The other non-legit purpose for buy a green trust Sr. /Hero member is to scam the other newbie users, but as I said the user of the escrow is always necessary.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:30:35 PM

Accounts with avatars sell for more because of the prestige associated with avatars. This is very similar to some of the reason why accounts with positive trust sell for more although the preimum for positive trust is generally more then that for avatars.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 05:31:24 PM

bump

Why don't you go for an auction instead?
I don't think there stands a chance to get the offers below the previous one if you set up a price and wait for some good offers, but clearly mention that you won't accept below the mentioned rate, as doing this will only have your time wasted as everyone will quote lower only.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2015, 05:41:53 PM

bump

Why don't you go for an auction instead?
I don't think there stands a chance to get the offers below the previous one if you set up a price and wait for some good offers, but clearly mention that you won't accept below the mentioned rate, as doing this will only have your time wasted as everyone will quote lower only.

He needs atleast 2BTC. Auctioning won't get him that much. I think he got 2+ offers so far. I suggest him to go for it. "Better to get something than nothing!"

You are right!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: