Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:52:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 4 bitcoin What should i do. Should sell or hold on to the price increase?  (Read 4958 times)
zooyaa (OP)

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:41:55 AM

My new year resolution for 2015 was to buy 1 bitcoin a month. Now, I have 4 bitcoin. But, the price value of bitcoin is stuck at $250. Any good advice for me please. Should I keep going with the New year resolution. Will the price increase in value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
commandrix

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:43:58 AM

Nobody really knows if the price will increase, decrease or hold steady. But if you're getting nervous, you do have the option of buying an e-gift card so you can at least get "face value" without having to pay the exchange fees.
lyth0s
Legendary

Activity: 1260

World Class Cryptonaire

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:43:59 AM

Only invest what you can 100% afford to lose. If you can afford to buy 1 bitcoin/month without it affecting your financial situation then keep at it. Good investors know to be prepared to hold investments at minimum for 5 years, plan accordingly.

If you can't afford it, stop purchasing them and don't plan on the price rising anytime soon. Then decide if you need to sell your coins to cover daily costs.

Monero - Truly Anonymous Digital Cash. Bitcoin Reading List 2017
monsanto
Legendary

Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005

..like bright metal on a sullen ground.

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:19:11 AM

Send them to the address below in my signature.  I'll take care of everything for you  Grin

stonerider

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:22:16 AM

I'd sell them now, right away. The current price at 240 is probably the high end, we're looking at 160 any day. Don't get left behind holding worthless bitcoins when the big whales, early adopters and the manipulators decide to dump and dump big. Be smart. Btc price won't go up anytime this year or the next. There's nothing, nobody to drive up the price and keep it there. Chinese tried it late 2013 and they failed. There's nothing or nobody to drive up the price in a big way.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:37:04 AM

My advice: Don't listen to anyone on here.

Also, $250 is really really cheap. Don't sell at this point.

Best of luck.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
BumbleBeeTC

Activity: 56

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:38:13 AM

From what I know, hold on to it! It's low, so don't sell
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 04:48:35 AM

I say hold it unless of-course you're facing some financial problems, in which case go ahead and sell it but if that's not the case, then hold it and wait for your investment to grow.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
Ace of Wands

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:54:27 AM

Yes, continuing to buy is a good idea. Bitcoins may go down again. But bitcoiners believe that this just means we can buy even more of them with the same amount of money. They may go up, and in that case bitcoiners believe they were smart to buy before the rise. Either way, most of us would recommend to buy and hold, and don't be sad about the downturns. Just buy more.
12345mm

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:39:33 AM

First off , I assume the op is not a newbie to btc in the first place but in fact posing as such , effectively trolling pretending they are someone actually new to btc. If they are not , and you op are genuinely asking this question , you need to understand a few things - the runup in price from 100 - sub 100 to 1200 was accomplished by a fraudulent exchange known as mtgox that used a billion nonexistent dollars to jack the price up to those levels and the price of bitcoin has been steadily death spiraling downward for over a year - we won't see prices like that again unless there is another fraudulent exchange that does the same as mtgox did , or if one of the major drug cartels adopts bitcoin in a serious way , or an eccentric multi billionaire decides to liquidate many of their assets and dump it all into bitcoin - meanwhile please understand that at this point in time bitcoin is essentially a pump and dump manipulated slush fund which is pushed up and down on a minute to minute basis so that people can extract profit from idiot newcomers who don't know what the fuck they are doing , with it's primary purpose still being evading taxes / money laundering / conducting illegal purchases - these people who are encouraging you to drop more into it and to hold are evil profiteering douche bags who watch the market 20hrs a day and are constantly trading on a daily basis - you're just a simpleton victim to them

Coinbase Is THE Place to Buy Your Bitcoins! https://coinbase.com/?r=528a0de17f383142df00040c&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link Sign Up For Cryptsy! Trade Alts! https://www.cryptsy.com/users/register?refid=15696
BTC:   1Mrr2cPbZc4nmV236AS31vdCP24J9TbJpo   LTC:   LV5UoExrVxU3ddrCKCMZ2Wx5odbkUf7JhT
I Like Free Magic Internet Money! Smiley My Cryptsy Trade Key: ad89bb4885a1f92eb7efd5db30412676673ded0e
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 06:03:50 AM

Nobody would be able to give you the best answer. Instead, ask yourself are you really desperate and in need of money?

silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:05:20 AM

My new year resolution for 2015 was to buy 1 bitcoin a month. Now, I have 4 bitcoin. But, the price value of bitcoin is stuck at $250. Any good advice for me please. Should I keep going with the New year resolution. Will the price increase in value.

Double your buying to 2 BTC a month.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:13:58 AM

bet everything on 2x payout in your favorite dice site.

If you, then hodling is the answer.

If you lose, then sell is the answer
bitwarrior
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:17:58 AM

Keep buying at this prices and hold. There will be sometime that bitcoin will rise up in value as more and more people will be using it.
zooyaa (OP)

Activity: 36

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:25:22 AM

I think what we need is a bitcoin Army. To educate people about bitcoin. So, that more people can buy. So, STOP SELLING AND BUY MORE BITCOIN. That will pump the price value up.
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:38:27 AM

ALWAYS hold onto at least 1-2 btc.. Your fiat gains are hardly worth it. Your 4 bitcoin can become an immense amount of wealth… That is if you understand why you and others should trust it, if you don't understand it, then there isn't much to say to convince you one way or the other… I am not a preacher and bitcoin is not a religion soo… just understand what your private keys are, learn how to use them, and then learn how to use them safely.
Malin Keshar

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:54:05 AM

bet everything on 2x payout in your favorite dice site.

If you, then hodling is the answer.

If you lose, then sell is the answer

I prefer: hold until prices reaches 500+ or it is low enough that even the beartrolls don't post nowhere but down predictions

If prices reach 500 then you think again what to do
billyjoeallen
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:57:35 AM

Nobody's gonna be able to hodl a 100X gain if you're thinking about it all the time. You could be an oak 99% of the time and waver once and...you've gotten off the train. You have to find a way to trick yourself to hodl or buy other coins that you can sell on the way up cuz yer gonna face overwhelming "sell" pressure at times.

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:22:00 AM

If you can afford to, hold all your bitcoin. I've been gradually buying more and more over the last few months, best to think longterm and stop watching the daily price fluctuations.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 10:29:40 AM

I say hold it, because what can you do with $1000 in this society?  If its money you really cant afford to lose maybe you should split the risk and sell half.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: