Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:46:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: INTERSANGO PROBLEM??? JUL 2012  (Read 1977 times)
coopz (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:00:54 PM

Hello, I have signed up to this forum because i am deeply worried about intersango. I have a £150 payment going through since 20th july!!

I understand that intersango have some problems with their bank account, but how long is this going to take? does anybody know?

the complete lack of information from intersango is incompetent to say the least!

does anyone know whats happening with the investigation?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:29:00 PM

From what I understand Metro bank has not given Intersango a time scale, so they are not able to give any extra information to their customers.

Banking issues are an ongoing problem for the bitcoin community.

EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:10:50 PM

Metro Bank might be too small for Intersango's operations imo. Metro Bank started in 2010 and only has 10-12 branches to date, yet Intersango did about $1-2 million USD worth of trades during the month of June 2012. Any guesses as to how many bank transactions where done between Intersango & Metro in June?

coopz (OP)

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:37:13 PM

Thanks for the replys, its just horrible not knowing when/if its ever going to go through.

a complete nightmare!

This is making my hatred of banks 10x worse!
jonnybgood

Activity: 16

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 04:09:06 PM

Apparently they have started to reply to peoples ticket inquiries but I have not had a response to mine. I filled in about 4 tickets through their support centre but didn't get any email or reference code so I am not even sure if they went through! Someone on the other thread "Intersango Exchange" reckons by the end of the week the back log will be cleared but I have had no response and put £300 in on the 19th which I have no idea if I'll get back or what else I can do to get it back.

Anyone had a response to their ticket and if so did they get an initial email when taking it out?

hnt59

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 11:22:55 PM

I got this response not long after my ticket on July 25th, the reply was at 7am GMT so maybe they were overwhelmed later? I got a notification email for both the report and their reply.

Hi,

Please read our statement regarding the current GBP payment issues. The issues have effected some of the payments in and have suspended the payments out. The statement can be found on our support page.

https://support.intersango.com/

We are very sorry for the inconveniences this has caused and are doing everything we can. Because tickets regarding GBP payments have become unmanageable (due to the volume created by this incident) we will be closing all GBP tickets. We will be updating the notice as we learn more information. Once the issue has been resolved, we will be happy to address the GBP issues and encourage you to reopen your ticket if there is still an issue with your payment. Again, we are greatly sorry for the inconveniences this has caused our userbase.

Part of the very reason we feel so strongly about bitcoins is due to banking issues like these. Still we are confident that Metro bank will resolve the issue in an appropriate manner.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango

The other news is one of my deposits has just been cleared. I put in £23.25 on July 21 and £70 a couple of days later (because I'm stoopid). I got their usual robo-confirmation mail about an hour ago saying the £70 deposit has been cleared but no mention of the earlier one. Could they be going in reverse order? Shrugs. Anyway I'm off to buy some bitcoins before all my moneys disappear again.
purpleplastic

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:18:08 PM

I think they are making progress, check their main thread page:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=63877.320

Robertorai

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:01:28 PM

TBH Out all the people I have spoken to on forums/Irc/Intersango directly I wouldnt trust a word of some of it.
Robertorai

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:08:23 PM

It also seems the people reporting to have received/cleared are folk that work for Intersango.... Unless I can be proven wrong ?
hnt59

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:03:59 PM

It also seems the people reporting to have received/cleared are folk that work for Intersango.... Unless I can be proven wrong ?

I'm waiting for a deposit from 12 days and you think I work for them? How about you give us a single piece of evidence that any of people who say their deposit has cleared works for them? I mean actual evidence, not some halfwitted, fucknugget of a conspiracy theory.
Robertorai

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:25:08 PM

Well I do apologise greatly.

Very sorry mate
Robertorai

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:33:59 PM

I'm waiting for a deposit from 12 days and you think I work for them? How about you give us a single piece of evidence that any of people who say their deposit has cleared works for them? I mean actual evidence, not some halfwitted, fucknugget of a conspiracy theory.

Well Ive just paid them £1 to see how it goes. If they are working in reverse order it should appaear after my £100.

Just tetsing the system.
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:04:02 PM

New Policy:

The first transfer from UK bank accounts to Intersango must be a minimum of 100 GBP which will be held for 5 days.

This policy will have no impact on current users.

This policy will come into effect as soon as the implement is finalized.

Update on pending transfers:

Transfers which are pending will begin to clear within the next 24-48 hours and all pending transfers will be cleared by weeks end.

tristian1980

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:45:07 PM

Seems like it's definitley too long!
gold-digars

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:41:43 PM

A recent investigation by our UK bank (Metro bank) into our bank account halted our ability to accept and send payments out. Non GBP payment aspects of Intersango were also indirectly effected due to workload. We are working hard to catch up with these issues and hope to have everything running smoothly within the next 24 to 48 hours. We are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused.

While the issue started on the 15th or the 16th as best we can tell, we were not told about the account limitation until the 20th or 21st. Depending on the type of investigation Metro bank conducted, they may legally have the obligation to have kept secret the investigation and the limitations on our account, we are not sure.

On the 30th, we received an email stating:

"The Intersango Ltd account with Metro Bank is now fully operational, our initial enquiries having been completed."

We take this as a sign that the investigation went favourably and we hope that this will give us more credibility with both Metro bank and our users. Unfortunately, our inability to conduct business during this time has certainly hurt our business.

While we have been told that our account is fully operational, we still cannot access all the data we need. We have experienced this same issue 3 times before with Metro bank and it has been deemed a technical error.

We contacted Metro bank today regarding the issue at 8AM when they opened and we were told that the issue was passed on to the tech department. Unfortunately, we have yet to hear back. We will attempt to call tomorrow again at 8AM. In the past, the exact same issue has always been fixable.

Our UK bank issues have resulted in a plethora of tickets which will be all answered in time. For now, all pending_review payments should have cleared. All issues regarding manual administrator assistance are being taken care of as well. Many of the larger outgoing BTC payments were not processed due to an emptying of the live wallet however we hope to rectify the matter tonight.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope to catch up with all the tickets and issues which have resulted in the next 24 to 48 hours however we need to wait for Metro bank's resolution of their technical issue for UK related payments.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango
jonnybgood

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 10:03:20 AM

It's just one thing after another and I am still not holding out that much hope.

I have lodged about 5 tickets but the ticket system doesn't even give me a number or email me to say that it has been recieved it just keeps asking me for my 8 digit reference number despite the fact that I have entered it over and over again so I am not even sure if they know about my deposit but have no way of contacting them as their support@intersango email address just send you back to their inept support page.

There's a couple of ppl saying that money has cleared then you have Intersango saying they've no access to the info to send payments and I just don't know what to believe now!
Robertorai

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 10:19:45 AM

It's just one thing after another and I am still not holding out that much hope.

I have lodged about 5 tickets but the ticket system doesn't even give me a number or email me to say that it has been recieved it just keeps asking me for my 8 digit reference number despite the fact that I have entered it over and over again so I am not even sure if they know about my deposit but have no way of contacting them as their support@intersango email address just send you back to their inept support page.

There's a couple of ppl saying that money has cleared then you have Intersango saying they've no access to the info to send payments and I just don't know what to believe now!

Support all be it a bit hostile at points can be found on Intersango's IRC channel.  Last night had couple of people who had said that it had cleared and a barage of people saying it's not.

I was getting query messages from the same members saying to keep cool it will get sorted, "mines has" ? makes me wonder if they are actual customers....  Cry 

http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#intersango
jonnybgood

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 10:24:32 AM

It just seems like an endless list of excuses and delays and not much in the way of any solid info.

The fact I've had no response to any of my tickets which I "think" seemed to go through is most worrying, how are they prioritising payments? There are some that have their money from 10 days ago (apparently) and others that have been waiting 3 weeks and heard nothing!
Binary Finery

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 02:34:06 PM

Hello, I have signed up to this forum because i am deeply worried about intersango. I have a £150 payment going through since 20th july!!

I understand that intersango have some problems with their bank account, but how long is this going to take? does anybody know?

the complete lack of information from intersango is incompetent to say the least!

does anyone know whats happening with the investigation?

Well, try 3k since 11th July - outlined my woes here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97465.0
 Surely Patrick has some idea how many are in the queue - why can't he just post the transaction number he's currently processing so we can all make an estimate of when our transaction may go through. The first rule in any crisis is good, clear communication and Intersango have been woeful.
jonnybgood

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:26:45 PM

It does seem like a lot of conflicting info has been given out and as of yet other than one person there hasn't exactly been a wealth of people stepping forward to say "I have had my money credited to my account now" and if they really are processing payments as they claim you would have thought there would be more than that. Really starting to wind me up now if it isn't sorted by tomorrow then it's time to start thinking about taking steps to remedy this situation.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: