Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:43:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Intersango Exchange  (Read 82019 times)
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:01:14 AM

Things will start to clear within the next 12-36 hours.

There is no liquidity problem, just a substantial backlog.

Finally something.
You seriously need to work on your customer service, guys. I'm a patient man and do understand problems with banks etc, but the lack of communication from you is frustrating, to say the least. You started this thread, use it more often if something's not right, please.

+1

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
punin

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:12:19 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 07:31:37 AM by punin

Things will start to clear within the next 12-36 hours.

There is no liquidity problem, just a substantial backlog.

I hardly believe that there's no liquidity problem when a bitcoin withdrawal takes over 96 hours.

EDIT: I heard the 3 of you were on a trip for several days. Is this true?

Head of Product Development
Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Ichthyo

Activity: 602

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 09:10:29 AM

just to confirm: my pending deposit went through and was credited to my account.
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:22:05 AM

just to confirm: my pending deposit went through and was credited to my account.

just to confirm, mine DID NOT and this is now around  3 weeks of being fukd about .......
punin

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 11:32:07 AM

After 96h or so hours of waiting my Bitcoin withdrawal was finally broadcast to network and confirmed.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:17:55 PM

Nice. Bitcoin withdrawals and GBP deposits seem to be processing now, albeit slowly.

What about GBP withdrawals? Anyone reporting success with those yet?
subpardave

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:33:42 PM

Not yet seeing my missing deposit, from the 19th of July..
punin

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 07:51:51 PM

After 96h or so hours of waiting my Bitcoin withdrawal was finally broadcast to network and confirmed.

Reason for 96h withdrawal time was staff at DefCon conference in Las Vegas. Maybe you should just put up a huge "CLOSED FOR VACATION" sign on your site so us poor suckers don't stick our money into your black hole when you obviously don't give a f*ck about us not being able to access our funds. And the fact all I got was explanation after explanation why depleted hot wallet could not be topped up from a distance instead of a humble apology truly make me consider ever using your service again. It's really not that hard to transfer bitcoins securely from anywhere.

Bitfury Group
www.bitfury.com
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 08:03:46 PM

This is how the people behind Intersango handle things when shit hits the fan: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97272.0
I advise everyone to stop using Intersango until (if ever) this mess is resolved.

I quote:

Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki accepted responsibility for Bitcoinica on April 24 as Bitcoinica Consultancy and have retained the -only- legal authority to act on behalf of the company. At this time it appears they have abandoned their legal duty.

They now refuse to reply to communication, refuse to acknowledge their responsibility, refuse to resign voluntarily, and refuse to act. In particular they have refused to do anything to recover stolen funds, even where the required action is as simple as providing a payment address. This is now hindering the efforts of others to minimize loss to Bitcoinica's customers.

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:22:55 PM

I am still owed 44.21 BTC by Patrick, Amir, Donald, Tihan, and Zhou (Kevin Lim?). To me, all of them are liable because the first hack happened clearly on Zhou's watch, the second hack happened right in between company changes and the third clearly under Intersango's watch. I would still like to have my money back.

Please compensate or donate to my Bitcoinica deposit address. I will post any donations here. Thank you! 1ET2ps7BRrZnDeq7bVNc8bS9ZmgN8DxUXy

On top of it I ask everyone to boycott the London Bitcoin conference for since it's co-organized by Intersango.
subpardave

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:16:07 AM

A new update to their status page.
Still no sign of my deposit.

A recent investigation by our UK bank (Metro bank) into our bank account halted our ability to accept and send payments out. Non GBP payment aspects of Intersango were also indirectly effected due to workload. We are working hard to catch up with these issues and hope to have everything running smoothly within the next 24 to 48 hours. We are deeply sorry for all the inconvenience this has caused.

While the issue started on the 15th or the 16th as best we can tell, we were not told about the account limitation until the 20th or 21st. Depending on the type of investigation Metro bank conducted, they may legally have the obligation to have kept secret the investigation and the limitations on our account, we are not sure.

On the 30th, we received an email stating:

"The Intersango Ltd account with Metro Bank is now fully operational, our initial enquiries having been completed."

We take this as a sign that the investigation went favourably and we hope that this will give us more credibility with both Metro bank and our users. Unfortunately, our inability to conduct business during this time has certainly hurt our business.

While we have been told that our account is fully operational, we still cannot access all the data we need. We have experienced this same issue 3 times before with Metro bank and it has been deemed a technical error.

We contacted Metro bank today regarding the issue at 8AM when they opened and we were told that the issue was passed on to the tech department. Unfortunately, we have yet to hear back. We will attempt to call tomorrow again at 8AM. In the past, the exact same issue has always been fixable.

Our UK bank issues have resulted in a plethora of tickets which will be all answered in time. For now, all pending_review payments should have cleared. All issues regarding manual administrator assistance are being taken care of as well. Many of the larger outgoing BTC payments were not processed due to an emptying of the live wallet however we hope to rectify the matter tonight.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and hope to catch up with all the tickets and issues which have resulted in the next 24 to 48 hours however we need to wait for Metro bank's resolution of their technical issue for UK related payments.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango
Robertorai

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 09:37:32 AM

I Will believe it when I have my money........

The IRC Channel Intersango is full of people "sideing"  with them which believes me to think they have people in the channel trying to down talk people's arguments.

Phatomcircuit will speak for a bit but just copy and pastes the same info to me time and time again. 

I don't understand how they have access to the account but cant make deposits to our Intersango account ? Technical errors are usually fixed ASAP for customers, especially a company thats constantly having deposits made to there account. Is it that they have access but have a load of payments with no Payee ref that we put and there just going through the backlog then when they match our lost or sorry "in Limbo" (as I was quoted) money with date/time ac number etc it will appear....

I appreciate the update but is it really THAT helpful ? They should be taking this VERY seriously and updating the status at least daily/half daily ? 

This is my first experience of Intersango and its been a very off putting one. I wont be advising anyone I know to buy/invest in BTC from Intersango as this has been a COMPLETE fiasco. I work for one of the biggest companies in the world and we officially have one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the UK. I couldnt talk about my companies and Intersango's customer support on the same day its that bad.

If its not in my account by Saturday I WILL be seeking legal advice.

*rant over*
jago25_98

Activity: 900

Crypto Geek

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 09:58:39 AM

Bitcoin exchanges have been experiencing harassment from investigations now for years.

I remember we had the exact same thing happen a couple of years ago and it kept happening with various banks since then. I think we've gone through LloydsTSB and HSBC and Metrobank now and that's just in the UK.

Yet still idiots use banks, get your funds frozen during a silent investigation... and blame the exchange. When that fails the the ego kicks in and you blame the support ticket, because the Intersango guys picked up a wrongun with the Bitcoinica shananagans. Your mistake suckers!

If this does teach people the need for decentralised exchange I don't know what does.

Metrobank is in a long line of banks that we've gone through. They are touted as a new bank that doesn't shaft people like most banks. For consumer banking they're doing alright on that front.
But the fact remains that they are obliged by law to carry out these silent investigations. Lots of transactions that one gets in an exchange triggers exactly that. It looks exactly like laundering.

I think there is merit in owning a number of accounts if not only to show that it's the bank rather than the exchange.

So tell me, now that you've got burnt, how would you do it differently next time?

Bitcoiner since the early days. Crypto YouTube Channel: Trading Nomads | Analyst | News Reporter | Bitcoin Hodler | Support Freedom of Speech!
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:00:59 AM

I Will believe it when I have my money........

The IRC Channel Intersango is full of people "sideing"  with them which believes me to think they have people in the channel trying to down talk people's arguments.

Phatomcircuit will speak for a bit but just copy and pastes the same info to me time and time again. 

I don't understand how they have access to the account but cant make deposits to our Intersango account ? Technical errors are usually fixed ASAP for customers, especially a company thats constantly having deposits made to there account. Is it that they have access but have a load of payments with no Payee ref that we put and there just going through the backlog then when they match our lost or sorry "in Limbo" (as I was quoted) money with date/time ac number etc it will appear....

I appreciate the update but is it really THAT helpful ? They should be taking this VERY seriously and updating the status at least daily/half daily ? 

This is my first experience of Intersango and its been a very off putting one. I wont be advising anyone I know to buy/invest in BTC from Intersango as this has been a COMPLETE fiasco. I work for one of the biggest companies in the world and we officially have one of the highest customer satisfaction rates in the UK. I couldnt talk about my companies and Intersango's customer support on the same day its that bad.

If its not in my account by Saturday I WILL be seeking legal advice.

*rant over*

sounds like scammers buying more time
this is about the 7th excuse ive had in 3 weeks
they are criminals and i will also make a police report if i dont get my cash (its GBP (not btc ) so i imagine the report will be taken as seriously as any other fraud case
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 11:04:11 AM

HSBC investigating bitcoin transactions, while terrorist funding and narco money goes trough like hot knife in butter. LOL.
scribe

Activity: 295
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 04:28:52 PM

Bitcoin exchanges have been experiencing harassment from investigations now for years.

I remember we had the exact same thing happen a couple of years ago and it kept happening with various banks since then. I think we've gone through LloydsTSB and HSBC and Metrobank now and that's just in the UK.

So tell me, now that you've got burnt, how would you do it differently next time?

This needs remembering all the time. We've got so used to digital "tokens" being virtual and worthless that we forget that Bitcoin is neither "real world" money nor "virtual tokens".

Up until now, money has been subject to a gargantuan amount of legal backing (aka regulation). Bitcoin is (currently) free of all that, but more out of obscurity than design. We're all still working out just how it works, and how it fits in. The issues with banks is the same as the issues around hacking thefts and even companies adopting Bitcoin (or not) - integration of something entirely new - or at least hybrid.

As an Intersango user, do I like the disruption? Of course not. Do I understand it? Absolutely. Will I go somewhere else? Maybe, maybe not.

For now, I still find it better to get excited by Bitcoin as an idea, and by people willing to build systems I never could, than to get annoyed by the rifts caused by this massive new system settling into place.

YMMV.

blocknois.es Bitcoin music label. ~ New release: This Is Art

Read: Bitcoin Life | Wear: FUTUREECONOMY
Robertorai

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:33:21 PM

All publicly avalible info :-

Accounting Reference Date: 30/06
Last Accounts Made Up To:  (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 27/03/2013
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 25/07/2012 OVERDUE

Shocked
Mushoz

Activity: 686

Bitbuy

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 04:52:51 PM

All publicly avalible info :-

Accounting Reference Date: 30/06
Last Accounts Made Up To:  (NO ACCOUNTS FILED)
Next Accounts Due: 27/03/2013
Last Return Made Up To:
Next Return Due: 25/07/2012 OVERDUE

Shocked

Where did you find this information?

www.bitbuy.nl - Koop eenvoudig, snel en goedkoop bitcoins bij Bitbuy!
jonnybgood

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 05:04:31 PM

I am losing hope by the hour it's just all too much uncertainty at once, the excuses just don't add up and considering they've been supposedly clearing the backlog for the last 2 days there seems very few people posting in these threads about having actually received any funds into their account....
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 05:06:41 PM

A new update to their status page.
Still no sign of my deposit.

BLAH.

Sincerely,
Team Intersango
[/i][/i]

And you're doing it again. Members of the forum are doing the job that should be done by Intersango. "They" have made no announcement/update here. Why do we have to search for our own updates all the time. Again, fail. As to the contents of their website announcement: Who knows.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: