Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Four Strikes Against Bitcoin  (Read 4324 times)
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:05:45 PM

Just a question more , why is bitcoin illegal Huh
It is only illegal in some countries...n not even illegal exactly..I see the positives it brings...n not a lot of drawbacks.. I love it n Ill continue to use it
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
spartacusrex

Activity: 718
Merit: 545

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 03:29:49 PM

Easy boys..

OP wants his pound of flesh, and has at least brought an original idea to the table, always good. This 'Lottery' thing.

May I ask - If I try and find GOLD in my backyard.. Does that count as a lottery ?

I mean, we could all go out into our gardens, (if you have one), and dig a big hole and look for Gold. If you find some.. YOU WIN!

I had to buy a shovel to play.

Life is Code.
TellerOfTruth (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:51:19 PM

May I ask - If I try and find GOLD in my backyard.. Does that count as a lottery ?  I mean, we could all go out into our gardens, (if you have one), and dig a big hole and look for Gold. If you find some.. YOU WIN!  I had to buy a shovel to play.

Depends on where the gold comes from.  As long as the guy who sold you the shovel didn't put the gold in some shovel buyer's gardens and not others, it's not a lottery.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:02:40 PM

The current Bitcoin system has at least $364 million in sunk infrastructure costs and burns at least $560 million a year in power.  The ONLY source of "income" to support this burden is (1) appreciation of the existing 13.8 million Bitcoins and (2) mining of 1.3 million new Bitcoins per year.  Do the math - these numbers just don't add up to a stable system that's gonna work.

Gulp! Isn't that cheaper than building all the banks in the world, not to mention their yearly energy consumption to do the same time that crypto does at a cheaper up-front cost?

When you're done here, OP, head on over to an eBay forum and inform that it's auction model is unsustainable because eventually the world will run out of things to auction on the second-hand marketplace.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 08:11:45 PM

The current Bitcoin system has at least $364 million in sunk infrastructure costs and burns at least $560 million a year in power.  The ONLY source of "income" to support this burden is (1) appreciation of the existing 13.8 million Bitcoins and (2) mining of 1.3 million new Bitcoins per year.  Do the math - these numbers just don't add up to a stable system that's gonna work.

Gulp! Isn't that cheaper than building all the banks in the world, not to mention their yearly energy consumption to do the same time that crypto does at a cheaper up-front cost?

When you're done here, OP, head on over to an eBay forum and inform that it's auction model is unsustainable because eventually the world will run out of things to auction on the second-hand marketplace.
Fortunately, BTC is a computer program and does not need any money at all. You are thinking of the desires of miners. Not a need of the system. It worked perfectly fine when BTC costs $0.06.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Beymond

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:34:14 AM

It is only illegal in some countries...n not even illegal exactly..I see the positives it brings...n not a lot of drawbacks.. I love it n Ill continue to use it

In which countries is it illegal? Undecided
VoR0220

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:30:36 AM

Fortunately, BTC is a computer program and does not need any money at all. You are thinking of the desires of miners. Not a need of the system. It worked perfectly fine when BTC costs $0.06.

I am truly interested to see whether Gavin's prediction of falling rates for ASIC miners comes to fruition.
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:49:16 AM

also like to know, does anyone know?

I read a atraz time which in Russia would become illegal in 2015 (if I remember correctly). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:44:25 AM

also like to know, does anyone know?

I read a atraz time which in Russia would become illegal in 2015 (if I remember correctly). Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I heard they might ban it in china or japan Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: