Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HAVELOCK INVESTMENTS - Trading To Resume 6 PM EST March 4th  (Read 31296 times)
NotLambchop

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:53:02 PM

It´s more than just trolling. This lamb guy is mentally unstable for sure. Probably not very developed social services where it lives.

Trolling?  I've been calling Havelock legit since forever.  You knew better tho.

Havelock's as solid as a Panamanian bitcoin exchange.
+1 would def. trade again!
(do COG and NEOBEE still pay fees?)

Now, care for some humble pie for dessert?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newguy05

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

Someone is sitting in the shade today...

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 06:59:43 PM

man when this site is backup, there will be massive panic selling in a rush to get the bitcoins transferred out (if that's still enabled).

▄██████
       ▄████████
     ▄██████████
   ▄█▀     █████
 ▄███      █████
█████      ███████████████████████████
█████                           ████▀
█████                           ██▀
█████                          ▄▀   
██████████████████████████████▀
████████████████████████████▀
L I N K
by BLOCKMASON

..CREATE WEB APIS........
..FROM ANY SMART........
..CONTRACT.........................

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

READ THE
WHITEPAPER

>>>

▄          █▄                         ▄
██▄        ███▄                     ▄██
████▄      █████▄                 ▄████
██████▄    ███████▄             ▄██████
████████▄   ▀███████▄         ▄███████▀
██████████▄   ▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
████████████▄   ▀███████▄ ▄███████▀  
██████████████▄   ▀█████████████▀   ▄██
████████████████▄   ▀█████████▀   ▄████
██████████████████▄   ▀█████▀   ▄██████
████████████████████▄   ▀█▀   ▄████████
BLOCKMASON
BUILDING THE FUTURE

FACEBOOK
REDDIT
TWITTER

LINKEDIN
GITHUB
MEDIUM
jdany

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Inspired

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:01:12 PM

The Hurrah
danrachita

Activity: 605
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 07:08:44 PM

man when this site is backup, there will be massive panic selling in a rush to get the bitcoins transferred out (if that's still enabled).

To avoid panic will keep site closed until will forget about,or really will start in 02.03 once with start sharing huge dividends for Amhash after they celebrate new year on there location around 2 weeks.
BR.

DoppelgangerUK

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:39:31 PM

INVESTING 'insert currency here' CARRIES RISKS -
DO NOT SPEND MORE THAN YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE
[/b]
JasherEnoch

Activity: 41

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:50:23 PM

Monday wow, why so long, what is taking so much time?
If you were hacked just tell people?

+Havelock   Hey Havelock I really want to know if you guys have been hacked. I sent a regular email to you guys this past Saturday (2.22) and you guys responded but avoided my question. Everything I am seeing so far is very vague. Could we just get some real answers here?
bubbaj

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:51:04 PM

During the past week we have been doing our best to bring the site back up to normal operations.

We believe that we have made great progress.  As we are responsible for the funds of many of our users we take this responsibility very seriously.

Until we are certain that we can once again provide our users with a secure access to their account we will not bring the site back up.

The current schedule for the site to be back on line is for Monday March 2nd, 2015.

We also would like to take this opportunity and remind many of our users that there are many "Google Adwords" ads promoting Phishing sites that imitate our site.
Please be careful and make sure you are on our site prior to entering your credentials.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Havelock Investments

You are really now looking like a scam site, fuck I am sick of this shit, no wonder crypto will never go main stream companies like yours are the reason I am getting out of crypto and will warn any one that discusses crypto with me about the fucking scam it is. You make me sick. Your a cunt
Ragnarokdel

Activity: 31

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:04:23 PM

INVESTING 'insert currency here' CARRIES RISKS -
DO NOT SPEND MORE THAN YOU ARE WILLING TO LOSE
[/b]
I agree but it doesnt mean it doesnt suck to get scammed. Shocked (I'm not saying Havelock is a scam, I dont know and dont care)
DoppelgangerUK

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:20:59 PM

Yeah I know what your saying.

I personally have a little faith at the moment but the negative atmosphere in here is wearing it down slowly

Sure the has been lots of scams before and there will be more to come, with no regulation and just trust to between parties to hold everything together there are bound to be casualties but ultimately we are all working toward financial freedom from a system that has been dicking us for centuries. If I have to lose some coin on a bad bet for now then so be it.

I cannot say either way how this is going to pan out, hopefully for the better but if I never really had any spare coin floating in my account, I was always reinvesting so if the securities that I have invested in are good sports we could be up and running on another stock site or maybe we could all get together and build a new one?? I don't know how I could help I fix trucks for a living.

I encourage Havelock to step up communication although if they are in the thick of it trying to fix the alleged problem they may not have much to say until the next update deadline provided

As long as they update on the dates they state they will, it's the best outcome available until the site, allegedly, returns.

pumawolf

Activity: 968
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:26:43 PM

didnt some dude complain about his 2fa getting hacked last week  and then a day or 2 it goes into maint  mode.  not sure on the time line.
pumawolf

Activity: 968

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:28:41 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=961707.msg10538435#msg10538435

heres that dude, interesting part is  he says only his havelock act got hacked his other acts  are fine. all have 2fa
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:57:47 PM

heres that dude, interesting part is  he says only his havelock act got hacked his other acts  are fine. all have 2fa

Huh, interesting. Could that point to a broken 2FA implementation on Havelock's side? If that was the case, at least thief would have only been able to steal the coins from his/her account. If it was a general problem though, why not steal more or everything?

Soros Shorts
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1617
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 12:57:20 AM

heres that dude, interesting part is  he says only his havelock act got hacked his other acts  are fine. all have 2fa

Huh, interesting. Could that point to a broken 2FA implementation on Havelock's side? If that was the case, at least thief would have only been able to steal the coins from his/her account. If it was a general problem though, why not steal more or everything?

2FA still requires that the authentication mechanism on the sever to be secure and uncompromised. If the hacker can somehow gain access the users table on the database then all bets are off, because they could do things such as turn off 2FA for any given user.
MilkyLep

Activity: 583

Bitcoin for all & all for Bitcoin

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:00:57 AM

Well at least this downtime won't affect their low volume too much.  Roll Eyes

Either you own the bitcoins(private keys) or you don't. However with moneroj, nobody knows what you own.
Secure. Private. Untraceable.
flame1012

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:17:05 AM

There's a phishing site imitating havelock, probably entered his info into that site.

> ALL cloudmining companies are SCAM <
yapusi

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:55:01 AM
Last edit: February 26, 2015, 03:18:55 AM by yapusi

Nothing is lost BTC wise since we hold the majority of BTC in cold storage and those coins are all there.

As a precaution we also emptied the Hot-wallet and moved everything to cold storage before we began any maintenance on the site.

If you have used our site last week you would have noticed that there were more outages than usual, and if you are a regular users you know that our site does experience outages on and off regularly. However last Thursday and Friday the site has become inaccessible after just a few minutes of us restarting the front end.

We decided to shut off the site until we can figure out the cause and to make sure that all funds are safe and that there isn't any issues when we come back online.

We are going manually through all accounts to check logs and verify that everything matches our DB.

As always we appreciate your patience during this time as we are doing everything we can to bring the site back up and in working orders as soon as possible.

The Havelock Team

It's clear that havelock's system got comprised, from his description. I hope everything is good.

It seems, havelock found there was some difference between the total amount of btc he can master and that shows on his site, but can't found the exact reason.

or he told lies, the reason is "FBI asked him to pause trading with the investigation of SEC".
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:34:25 AM

During the past week we have been doing our best to bring the site back up to normal operations.

We believe that we have made great progress.  As we are responsible for the funds of many of our users we take this responsibility very seriously.

Until we are certain that we can once again provide our users with a secure access to their account we will not bring the site back up.

The current schedule for the site to be back on line is for Monday March 2nd, 2015.

We also would like to take this opportunity and remind many of our users that there are many "Google Adwords" ads promoting Phishing sites that imitate our site.
Please be careful and make sure you are on our site prior to entering your credentials.

Thank you for your patience and understanding,

Havelock Investments

Ouch, well only thing I want is a Dealco dividend that usually gets paid out at the end of the month so hope its double in April
Been the only thing that constantly been paying out at a stable share price for months
Besides AM

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
bubbaj

Activity: 376
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:24:24 AM

I still say they have fucked off with our money, another bunch of scamming cunts. We are now seeing that anything related to crypto is just a scam, all sites can get fucked. Main stream crypto will never happen due to cunts like this
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:34:44 AM

Havelock, if you're reading this (which I hope)... Just confirm that we will all get our latest balances of BTC back from Havelock by next Monday or let people withdraw those temporarily.
Oh and don't listen to juvenile curses... Let's get this over with like adults.

jdany

Activity: 644

Inspired

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:55:40 AM

I still say they have fucked off with our money, another bunch of scamming cunts. We are now seeing that anything related to crypto is just a scam, all sites can get fucked. Main stream crypto will never happen due to cunts like this

I have this dream, the bitcoin ecosystem is just one guy,
who is so super smart
that he figured out how to pull off the same scam
to the same people over and over, again.

Once a week, he says "watch this"
to his buddies.
And they sit there and laugh their asses off.
It's like an even stupider version of groundhog day.

A kid with a fucking magnifying glass.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: