Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:32:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Reporting of found blocks in pools by Antminer S4  (Read 2106 times)
boomin (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 08:40:12 PM

Hi,

Kinda new to this scene but an avid geek.  I read somewhere in this forum that someone was under the impression that when your Antminer solved the block that it would report in found blocks in the GUI.  I can tell you that is not the case.  I am in a pool that actually tells you who solved the block and I did it.  I went to take a pic of the found blocks (yeah I am a noob) and it didn't report.  Just some senseless trivia I guess.  (Oh and before someone asks - yes the pool is machine specific of which exact machine solved)

I can say I solved a block  Grin  That's about all...

Carry on...

Boomin
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 10:36:21 PM

Mainline cgminer reports solved blocks normally, but when bitmain made their drivers for their cgminer fork they broke that functionality.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
boomin (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:28:35 AM

Thanks for the clarification! Smiley I honestly was pretty bummed...

Boomin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: