Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 09:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's only us  (Read 3545 times)
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:24:24 PM

New wallets Shocked I'm convinced

*USERS
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:27:27 PM

Wonderful!

*Dump dump dump

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
btcxyzzz
Legendary

Activity: 888
Merit: 1000

Monero - secure, private and untraceable currency.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 05:52:57 PM

The latest dump and consequent slow downward trend has made me realise that the last up trend was not caused by new comers - it was caused by us. If newcomers were having an impact on the price then we wouldn't have this down trend.

No bud. It's caused by early adopters mostly + help of miners dumping at once to cover costs + merchants converting to USD at once. Actually Bitcoin is bullish market, but those 3 factors are pushing the price down. What you think what would happen if not so many paople believed Bitcoin is technology of the future, it would go straight to 0.

Token Bubbles – Transforming the ICO Rating and Analysis Space.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:38:05 PM

OP might be on point. We'll not see huge gains for a long time. The guys that went rich overnight are living the dream. We'll have to wait until plebs catch up with Bitcoin as they need to get bitchslapped for a long while by banking and politicians until they find a real use for it.
cafucafucafu (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:26:27 PM

Out of all the countries in the world at least one will have a major financial incident sometime soon.  Another thing could be if bitcoin is made very user friendly a new type of non tech person could become involved.

I am not sure about soon but yes in the next few years it is likely that one country will face difficulties.

bitgeek

Activity: 462
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 07:42:00 PM

Bubbles will happen with incentives and I see no incentive at all except a financial crisis that entails hyperinflation or banks repossessing money.

Which is happening. Next bubble is due to end of 2016 IMO. Wouldn't be surprised to see it even before 2016.

The bubble may come or may not come. You can't be sure it's just a wild guess.
The fact's are:
-there's no significant selling pressure, so people are holding their coins and becoming less prone to whale manipulation and FUD.
-traders are still trading, pumping and dumping because a volatile market is what they need.

Don't let the emotions take over, Bitcoin is doing fine.

███████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████

Online.BTC.Bingo

.*500%.CASH.BACK.+.INSTANT.BONUS
..PROGRESSIVE.JACKPOT
..NO-DOWNLOAD.CLIENT

EPIC.FUN.
tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:29:45 PM

Just a very slow and volatile grind upwards.

i hope you are right and it's not a very slow and volatile grind downwards.
ajaxmoor
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:00:37 PM

Out of all the countries in the world at least one will have a major financial incident sometime soon.  Another thing could be if bitcoin is made very user friendly a new type of non tech person could become involved.

I am not sure about soon but yes in the next few years it is likely that one country will face difficulties.

Well if one country goes down , and it is a big one, then expect the rest to follow. It will be a domino effect
cafucafucafu (OP)

Activity: 812
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 09:43:55 PM

Well if one country goes down , and it is a big one, then expect the rest to follow. It will be a domino effect

Very unlikely that it will be a big one.

finnile

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 10:09:07 PM

That will only be if its a country like the UK,Europe or China. The rest don't really effect the world economy.

Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:08:13 AM

That will only be if its a country like the UK,Europe or China. The rest don't really effect the world economy.
You need to do more research.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
calme

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 07:46:53 AM

Well, at least it's good to learn that the UK, Europe and China are the only countries that affect the world economy. For a while there, I was thinking that places such as Wall St., Silicon Valley, Hollywood, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Russia, Singapore, South Korea, India and Japan might have each had some influence. Live and learn, I guess!
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 12:00:53 PM

Even if you have a bunch of newcomers getting introduced into the game, that would not move the price so much in a day but we should see it going up in the long run. Just look at the reality... price has been stable around the 230 range for more than a week now and it could only mean whatever new coins getting dump to the open market, would still have buyers buying it back. Else it will drop. And are those buyers newcomers? There's no way to tell. It could be newcomer mixed among the old timers who obviously have absolutely trust in bitcoin.

tss

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:04:04 AM

Are you not aware there are people making a concerted effort to push the price up, then down, then back up again so they can make money?

Its pretty much common knowledge now.

Bitcoin price changes have nothing to do with organic activity, response to news, or anything you are trained to look for.

Its simply whales playing in the water. 

-B-

This I do know but they can only gain little amounts each time from this - unless they are doing insider trading.

If you push the price up then you need suckers who will buy with you so the whale also has to buy along with the suckers when pumping. Thus there isn't a huge amount to gain if the whale's own buying is a part of the price pump.

yes they're doing insider trading.  and so are the actual exchanges.  they can see your orders and will go against the average consensus to make money at your expense.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: