Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:51:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase for noobs...  (Read 2119 times)
Shazam!!! (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 158

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:54:36 PM

Has anyone ever had any problems with coinbase???

Is it safe to link your bank account???

Are the prices and the exchange fees fair???

How secure is the wallet they set up for you???

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:59:50 PM

I've been using the Coinbase wallet for awhile now, it seems very safe so far with 2fa and a good password.

As for linking your bank account i wouldn't know, they haven't added Australia yet so you can buy coins.
Price always seem a little high so i would prefer to buy coins from trusted members i know from this forum.

If you plan to gamble then don't use a Coinbase wallet or they will ban you.

Shazam!!! (OP)

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:07:53 PM

I've been using the Coinbase wallet for awhile now, it seems very safe so far with 2fa and a good password.

As for linking your bank account i wouldn't know, they haven't added Australia yet so you can buy coins.
Price always seem a little high so i would prefer to buy coins from trusted members i know from this forum.

If you plan to gamble then don't use a Coinbase wallet or they will ban you.

Thanx for the info. I know no matter what its not a good idea to keep larger amounts on ANY online wallet.
But its good that their wallet is secure. I have read that they have some strict policies regarding Gambling.

Click these links to learn some truth about Big Corporate mining pools stealing your money and centralizing BTCitcoin!!!
Help support the BTCitcoin community!!! Mine your BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool!!! BTC: 1ShazamjsPnpWDNnk3n2tAiKGMdXaSjay
I mine BTCitcoin at a non-Corporate pool with no hidden fees, no empty BTClocks: Kano Pool   ■ get Kano Pool signature banners here ■
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:11:45 PM

The exchange is still closed to customers outside the US, so I don't know about that. But many people have their banks connected with Coinbase and seem to be pretty happy with it (privacy/security concerns apart).

Shazam!!! (OP)

#takeminingback

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:26:08 PM

The exchange is still closed to customers outside the US, so I don't know about that. But many people have their banks connected with Coinbase and seem to be pretty happy with it (privacy/security concerns apart).

I hope they would open to other parts of the world. Being from the U.S. myself I see why they have restrictions...Many of those here in the land of the free.
I'd like to find some Actual user feedback from U.S. users about the bank account link security. Thanx for your input.

manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 11:41:28 PM

Advice for noobs: Put your bitcoins in a local wallet as soon as you get them, do not leave them at any exchange no matter how safe they announce to be.
wakka622

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

The big fish

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:16:05 AM

Has anyone ever had any problems with coinbase???

Is it safe to link your bank account???

Are the prices and the exchange fees fair???

How secure is the wallet they set up for you???
1. I still not get any problems
2. yes it is
3. Yes fair.
4. Phone + email verification
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 03:43:15 AM

Haven't had any issues with Coinbase so far and have had my bank account attached. Heard some horror stories but no personal experiences to relate.
artemisiagentileschi

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:32:41 AM

Coinbase was the first wallet I set up, and I still actively use it, and have my account linked. I have no complaints, and the new $USD feature is nice.
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 07:10:11 AM

i think nothing feels wrong with them.
so far sogood
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 08:21:06 AM

I have used coinbase to buy many thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins (all spent now) and I have had no troubles. Some people have reported that Coinbase had cancelled their orders, but that never happened me.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:10:28 PM

No problems from Coinbase here.  Bought hundreds(thousands maybe?) worth of Bitcoin transactions.

No problems setting up 2FA, setting up Bank account by confirming the dust transactions, setting up instant buys by adding Credit card, or levelling up to Tier 2 for larger buy amounts.

Coinbase fee is pretty fair, 1% + $0.15 ACH fee for each transaction:

https://support.coinbase.com/customer/portal/articles/585625-what-is-coinbase-and-how-much-does-it-cost-to-use-

* User is responsible for miner's fee on external transactions less than 0.001 BTC. Sending between Coinbase users is always free.
** For US Customers, orders less than $15 are charged a flat fee of $0.15. For European customers, there is a bank fee of €0,15 for withdrawals.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
runningfree

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:04:39 PM

I can't say that I have had any problems with Coinbase, neither have a heard of anyone with a problem.
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:10:18 PM

Advice for noobs: Put your bitcoins in a local wallet as soon as you get them, do not leave them at any exchange no matter how safe they announce to be.
I share this same idea.

I can't say that I have had any problems with Coinbase, neither have a heard of anyone with a problem.
also never seen or read someone complaining

mark613

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:54:37 PM

I've been with Coinbase over a year now with no problems.  Good company.
marcotheminer
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 08:54:43 PM

Make sure you secure the wallet too with a tough passphrase!
KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:57:42 PM

I use coinbase, and it works fine.

But, as stated above, do not leave your bitcoins in the exchange. People lose money when exchanges go under. Look at mintpal, and many others...
waterpile

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:06:16 AM

1) hadn't have issues with coinbase
2) fees are high
3) I wouldn't trust any exchangers right now to store my coins
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:39:52 AM

Coinbase likely wont steal your btc. I would not use Coinbase though, they been locking people's accounts and asking private questions that they do not need to know. Just use Electrum or some kind of cold storage.
KaChingCoinDev

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:40:43 AM

Coinbase likely wont steal your btc. I would not use Coinbase though, they been locking people's accounts and asking private questions that they do not need to know. Just use Electrum or some kind of cold storage.

He is not looking for a wallet, he is looking for an exchange...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: