Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:22:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Advice on buying a house (Netherlands, Amsterdam)  (Read 8005 times)
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 09:31:16 PM

I am confident you can find a way to justify to yourself to buy high and sell low, if that is what you really want.

If I buy and everything goes as badly as you expect then I'm not so sure that price will matter or that default will be high on my list of worries.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
okthen

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 09:58:19 PM

Are you set on Amsterdam, or would you consider buying in other cities?
Rotterdam & Den Haag have much cheaper houses, and the buy/price relation is quite nice from what I hear, perhaps even compared to Amsterdam.

A world of caution, independently of where you buy it - there are many many houses in The Netherlands that are set on government land, which means you'll pay land rent for it. It's not always clear in the advertisements. Make sure the house is on "eigen grond".
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:20:26 PM

Rotterdam & Den Haag have much cheaper houses, and the buy/price relation is quite nice from what I hear, perhaps even compared to Amsterdam.

A world of caution, independently of where you buy it - there are many many houses in The Netherlands that are set on government land, which means you'll pay land rent for it. It's not always clear in the advertisements. Make sure the house is on "eigen grond".

Hi okthen, I have read about this yes, you pay like a ground rent to the government right?

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
okthen

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 10:40:00 PM

Hi okthen, I have read about this yes, you pay like a ground rent to the government right?

Yes, it's called "erfpacht". The amount of the canon can really vary, it's normally payed per half year. Some houses are on a "permanent lease" without costs (normally someone in the past payed the canon for a long amount of time, or some special permission was conceded). In this case you pay 0, and normally the contract states something like 99 years as the lease expiration date.

Just something to look out for Smiley
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:43:00 PM

Yes, it's called "erfpacht". The amount of the canon can really vary, it's normally payed per half year. Some houses are on a "permanent lease" without costs (normally someone in the past payed the canon for a long amount of time, or some special permission was conceded). In this case you pay 0, and normally the contract states something like 99 years as the lease expiration date.

Just something to look out for Smiley

Thanks.

Very similar to what's called 'leasehold' and 'freehold' in the UK- land owned either by a private land corporation (old money I assume) or by the government. Freehold is in the name and is largely free of any yearly costs.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2015, 10:44:38 PM

Also yes, I have considered the lower priced housing in Den Haag and Rotterdam, they are very tempting as they are well within my budget and obviously you get a lot more for your money/debt. I believe Den Haag has the best rental yields in The Netherlands, but this is not a sole factor in my choosing to buy, but certainly something to remember.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
okthen

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:23:41 PM

Also yes, I have considered the lower priced housing in Den Haag and Rotterdam, they are very tempting as they are well within my budget and obviously you get a lot more for your money/debt. I believe Den Haag has the best rental yields in The Netherlands, but this is not a sole factor in my choosing to buy, but certainly something to remember.

Not as pretty as Amsterdam, as far as I can remember, but also not so blatantly modern as Rotterdam Smiley
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:39:13 PM

If I had the money I would buy a nice small house over the countryside in waterland.

I would use solar panels to make it self sustainable, the problem is I dont know if they will snitch on me that im using solar panels and they would force me to pay some stupid ass tax.

A small car would be needed to take trips to the city and buy some legal pot Smiley
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 08:04:38 AM

When you write 'car', Don't you mean a Canta?  Wink

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
iamback

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:19:58 AM

I am confident you can find a way to justify to yourself to buy high and sell low, if that is what you really want.

If I buy and everything goes as badly as you expect then I'm not so sure that price will matter or that default will be high on my list of worries.

You might need to leave NL for example.

It absolutely will go as badly as I expect.

Password scrambled, ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Formerly AnonyMint, TheFascistMind, contagion, UnunoctaniumTesticles.
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 10:35:10 AM

You might need to leave NL for example.

It absolutely will go as badly as I expect.

I really appreciate your concern iamback. I will continue to read Armstrong. I mentioned about watching his DVD, I think I need to see him cohesively presenting his research before I do anything.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 09:00:28 PM

Interesting article on the Dutch housing market talking about the bubble:

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article39921.html

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 04:08:44 PM

Interesting post from Armstrong:

Here

Locking in a mortgage at these low rates makes send for it will be a hedge against the real estate. The 15 year mortgage is more practical in that it saves interest costs. The 30 year was a Great Depression invention to try to support the real estate market by allowing people to buy on a highly leveraged basis.

The purpose of the mortgage at this time is purely as a hedge. You should be able to make far more on that money even in stocks long-term. The downside of real estate is that this asset class is not movable. Hence, it can be taxed into worthlessness. The greatest risk we have is that government raise taxes to insanity as municipals go bankrupt. They will raise taxes looking only at the instant need and not at the long-term consequences of their greed. The mortgage will allow you to walk away if need be in times of chaos.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 10:44:13 AM

Here

Locking in a mortgage at these low rates makes send for it will be a hedge against the real estate. The 15 year mortgage is more practical in that it saves interest costs. The 30 year was a Great Depression invention to try to support the real estate market by allowing people to buy on a highly leveraged basis.

The purpose of the mortgage at this time is purely as a hedge. You should be able to make far more on that money even in stocks long-term. The downside of real estate is that this asset class is not movable. Hence, it can be taxed into worthlessness. The greatest risk we have is that government raise taxes to insanity as municipals go bankrupt. They will raise taxes looking only at the instant need and not at the long-term consequences of their greed. The mortgage will allow you to walk away if need be in times of chaos.

The taxes will not be raised to that extent, for the politicians themselves and everyone involved are too deep into this mortgage structure with tax deduction they cannot sanely make that decision. They would undermine their own homes, greedy and all they have the most profit from the system and the biggest incentive to come up with a different sollution.

bigtimespaghetti (OP)
Legendary

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 10:51:06 AM

Here

The taxes will not be raised to that extent, for the politicians themselves and everyone involved are too deep into this mortgage structure with tax deduction they cannot sanely make that decision. They would undermine their own homes, greedy and all they have the most profit from the system and the biggest incentive to come up with a different sollution.

That has been my thinking too. Armstrong advocates 3 outcomes: Deflation, Restructuring of debt or Inflation, I'm still not versed enough in his writings to decipher the ultimate result that he advocates (for Europe) over the next few years.

It seems to me that there will be defaults with Greece starting the fun, I'm not sure what happens after that, doesn't bode well for the euro though.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
iamback

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 10:59:13 AM

They said that it would never happen in Wiemar Germany too. Ask Ann Frank how that worked out.

Your worst fears will come to fruition.

Armstrong is hoping it won't, but he knows damn well the danger that we face.

Password scrambled, ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. Formerly AnonyMint, TheFascistMind, contagion, UnunoctaniumTesticles.
neoneros

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

I can draw your avatar!

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2015, 12:24:23 PM

They said that it would never happen in Wiemar Germany too. Ask Ann Frank how that worked out.

Your worst fears will come to fruition.

Armstrong is hoping it won't, but he knows damn well the danger that we face.

So we should all live in fear of the worst and decide on that on our life's choices? That is a very grimm outlook of life and not one that pusrsues happiness in a world of gloom. Hope is what drives people, hope and greed of wanting more, more hapiness. What does truly matter?

iamback

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 12:35:24 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2015, 12:48:16 PM by iamback

---------------------------- Original Message ----------------------------
Subject: Mar 16: banksters benefit from the BIS Basel enforcement
Date:    Mon, March 16, 2015 8:47 am
To:      "Armstrong Economics" <armstrongeconomics@gmail.com>
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

True hope (as opposed to abject failure) is recognizing reality and making the adjustments needed to be prosperous.

If no one adjusts, then the abyss will be much worse.

All (or most) of Europe's banking and sovereign debt is a house of cards with insignificant actual solvent Tier 1 capital. The insolvent sovereign bonds are used as the Tier 1 capital for the banks' reserves (even in Germany). The banks are not forced to mark-to-market until Greece (et al) actually default. Thus the entire extent of the collapse is hidden from the accounting. The defaults will spread like dominoes due to mark-to-market rules of the BIS Basel rounds (and hmmm the banksters created a Basel system to cause the collapse and usher in their one-world reserve currency "solution") once the first defaults get underway. Armstrong had correctly predicted Austria to be the location of the first defaults. And now we see it has started. Draghi's QE will buy a few months hiatus only (and line the pockets of the banksters under the ruse of "domestic policy objectives" bullshit).

The entire thing is going to collapse horrifically.

iamback

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 03:31:22 PM

Armstrong had correctly predicted Austria to be the location of the first defaults. And now we see it has started. Draghi's QE will buy a few months hiatus only (and line the pockets of the banksters under the ruse of "domestic policy objectives" bullshit).

The entire thing is going to collapse horrifically.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-15/austrian-black-swan-claims-its-first-foreign-casualty-german-duesselhyp-collapses-be

iamback

View Profile
March 16, 2015, 07:09:24 PM

The banking system is Europe is F.U.B.A.R.[1]!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/few-quick-reminders-why-nothing-has-been-fixed-europe-and-why-ltro-3-not-coming

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-03-16/italian-bed-debt-hits-record-197-billion-bank-lending-contracts-unprecedented-33-con

[1] Fucked Up Beyond All Repair

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: