Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:09:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTB] Cheap Intro Miner  (Read 2077 times)
Caracas (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 03:39:48 PM

Anything cheap I just want to learn more and I currently am lucky enough to have a no electricity setup and really just want to play around with stuff.

I don't know much, but maybe a

Antminer S1
Rockbox
Many USB miners?

I want something(s) that combine to equal around 160-180gh/s to play with, so perhaps recommend something.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 03:43:15 PM

Anything cheap I just want to learn more and I currently am lucky enough to have a no electricity setup and really just want to play around with stuff.

Antminer S1
Rockbox
Many USB miners?

I want something(s) that combine to equal around 160-180gh/s to play with, so perhaps recommend something.

Honestly you can score a used S3 for cheap. I would recommend that as a cheap intro miner over the S1.
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 04:29:40 PM

Antminer S1
Rockbox
Many USB miners?

Honestly you can score a used S3 for cheap. I would recommend that as a cheap intro miner over the S1.

I Second that !
Caracas (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:15:31 PM

Antminer S1
Rockbox
Many USB miners?

I Second that !
how much would an s3 be?
Neonecrox13

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:31:09 PM

Probably $100. What are u looking for SHA or Scrypt? I'm thinking SHA256

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 08:31:47 PM

Antminer S1
Rockbox
Many USB miners?

I Second that !
how much would an s3 be?

Well here in the USA I wouldn't pay over .3, but I know you guys pay VAT so maybe .4?
Neonecrox13

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:43:01 PM

If your just getting started, then I do suggest this I just found

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Bitmain-Antminer-S1-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-WITH-POWER-SUPPLIES-180-200-GH-/281610915777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4191518fc1

And no its not mine Tongue

But if your planning on buy a s3, you will still have to get the powersupply and they are costly as well.

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:12:03 PM

Try an Antminer U3, very simple to set up, less physical foot print and noise than an S1, and 10% the electricity usage.  Hash rate of a U3 is about 1/3 an S1, but it's a great place to start!
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1848

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:31:01 PM

I have a hosting customer that's looking to sell some S3, and we also sell server PSUs for cheap. I could see about a bundle cost if that's interesting.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
Caracas (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:03:31 PM

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Bitmain-Antminer-S1-ASIC-Bitcoin-Miner-WITH-POWER-SUPPLIES-180-200-GH-/281610915777?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4191518fc1

But if your planning on buy a s3, you will still have to get the powersupply and they are costly as well.

I want to pay with BTC so Ebay doesn't really work

I have a hosting customer that's looking to sell some S3, and we also sell server PSUs for cheap. I could see about a bundle cost if that's interesting.

I would love this.
Neonecrox13

SAD - no longer active

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:13:24 PM

I would love this.

This would be perfect for you since u need the ps too.

sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:18:00 PM

I would love this.

I'll check with the guy and let you know what pops out.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:47:55 PM

Looks like he's wanting at least $70 apiece for the S3s, and probably $40-50 for a PSU that'd run both of them. That'd get you about 880GH for a little over $200 shipped within the US. He's got 4x S3 and two PSUs here.

sorryforthat

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:59:36 PM

Antminer S1
Rockbox
Many USB miners?

I suggest this option. I got a few on craigslist not too long ago.

The first was an S3 with a corsair 650w which I picked up for 100 dollars.

In my town there are 5 S3s for sale without power supply for 300 dollars for the lot. Ive been contemplating buying it.
Caracas (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:41:32 PM

Looks like he's wanting at least $70 apiece for the S3s, and probably $40-50 for a PSU that'd run both of them. That'd get you about 880GH for a little over $200 shipped within the US. He's got 4x S3 and two PSUs here.

Would he split that to 100 even? for one of them ?
pokeyjones

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:40:57 AM

Not a damn bit of my business, but if you can swing $100 try to swing $200 and pickup that deal. Close to 900GH/s turn key to your door (with relevant miners) is not bad at all. If you want to really learn mining you may want to go a different route. I say this because I am a moron and managed to get 12x S1's running without breaking anything or screaming or crying or really any mistakes. I had my S5's unboxed up and running in 5 minutes. Bitmain products are awesome like that.

If you wanted to dick around some more get some miners that need cgminer or similar and raspberry pi. If you are an enthusiast/geek you'll likely have more fun going that route.

(list to others over my advice)
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:57:09 AM

Yeah probably. The miners are going to be shut off at the end of the month, so if you wanted any I could ship 'em out Monday. Pretty sure I have the factory packaging from the S3s still, and they fit nicely in a box with the PSU. I shipped a bunch of S1/PSU combos last summer without any problems.

cxboyminer

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:49:13 PM

where are you located?

.Minter.                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█
pokeyjones

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:59:48 PM

Antminer S1
Rockbox
Many USB miners?

"currently am lucky enough to have a no electricity setup"

find out the maximum amount of free electricity setup you have, then spend as much as possible on as much hashing as possible and mine for free.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: