Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:10:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Bitcoin and Not a better improved crypto?  (Read 4656 times)
LewiesMan (OP)

Activity: 384
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:15:03 PM

I think that a new crypto will be developed and people will use it rather than bitcoin.

So far though.. Altcoins have been complete failures.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:29:11 PM

I think that a new crypto will be developed and people will use it rather than bitcoin.

That is what you think, apart from what is the reality. In the first place, why bitcoin?

There plenty of things why people tend to choose bitcoin other than different payment systems. Maybe the most important of it is the decentralized concept; the transaction fee (which is the lowest among other payment processors); The anonymity it offers to the users; and the concept of no double-spending and irreversible transactions.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:30:09 PM

Because Bitcoin is the original one and has the network effect and we don't need a new unnecessary coin.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:30:38 PM

too many new crypto's are pump & dump/premines.

This is completely true. Most of the newly-created altcoins are p&d pre-mines that end up being a scam and an attempt to end up getting money out of people.

I second this.
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:31:25 PM

Because Bitcoin is the original one and has the network effect and we don't need a new unnecessary coin.

What do you mean by the original one? Are you aware that there have been numerous predecessors to bitcoin?
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:34:40 PM

So far they have been failure then why do you suppose any other will succeed though i doubt any such alt will exist but if it does it will be great to be a part of it
dothebeats
Legendary

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:38:57 PM

So far they have been failure then why do you suppose any other will succeed though i doubt any such alt will exist but if it does it will be great to be a part of it

There might be an interesting and a far greater candidate of the future digital currency other than bitcoin in the coming years but bitcoin is far too complex and too genius to be succeeded. No one knows what the future holds, but I'm pretty sure that bitcoin will hold the number 1 spot as the world's greatest digital currency for a long time.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 06:53:59 PM

There might be an interesting and a far greater candidate of the future digital currency other than bitcoin in the coming years but bitcoin is far too complex and too genius to be succeeded. No one knows what the future holds, but I'm pretty sure that bitcoin will hold the number 1 spot as the world's greatest digital currency for a long time.

Bitcoin was too genius and complex , with all the noob-friendly posts and easy to use exchange's and wallet , it's easy
LewiesMan (OP)

Activity: 384

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:21:42 PM

No, the payment system is being built on Bitcoin, without an anonymous creator there will be plenty of trash and threats to the creator, too many new crypto's are pump & dump/premines. Bitcoin is viable and for anything like micro transactions or lower fees for third world nations Litecoin can take of that.

Then how about a new crypto but with an anonymous creator?
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 09:42:08 PM

New software, new bugs, new testing, weak infrastructure.

If an altcoin is going to pass bitcoin adoption it will take years, not just for public awareness of said coin but it also has to pass the test of time and prove to be secure and reliable.

R2D221

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:24:50 PM

What do you mean by the original one? Are you aware that there have been numerous predecessors to bitcoin?

It's the first one to include a blockchain as core part of the protocol. The blockchain is Bitcoin's invention.

An economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:44:45 PM

too many new crypto's are pump & dump/premines.

This is completely true. Most of the newly-created altcoins are p&d pre-mines that end up being a scam and an attempt to end up getting money out of people.

I second this.

I fully agree. All summed up in a nutshell.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:50:29 PM

makes no sence doing this, since bitcoin can change and evolve to satosfy any need that may be necesary in the future..
furthermore, you would have to build up a brand from zero, invest in an infrastructure, gain trust, that allways present 99 possible bugs in the code..
and ofcourse altcoins are all failures, they are a bad bitcoin ripoffs, but some will try hard to proove you otherwise due to ...reasons..

cheers
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:51:02 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 11:12:31 PM by darkota

No, the payment system is being built on Bitcoin, without an anonymous creator there will be plenty of trash and threats to the creator, too many new crypto's are pump & dump/premines. Bitcoin is viable and for anything like micro transactions or lower fees for third world nations Litecoin can take of that.

That makes no sense. Gavin Anderson, etc etc, are not anonymous, and to be honest, they contributed more to Bitcoin core than satoshi did orignally(Satoshi created this ingenius thing tho!). If anything, having an anonymous creator is bad for a coin.

Litecoin cant handle microtransactions or anything at all really, anymore than bitcoin can(its just a bitcoin clone). Its a failed coin.
monkeygang

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:55:06 PM

Do yourselves a favor. Look into NAVajo truly anonymous.. which is what bitcoin should be. Long term coin, dev team is bannanas.. Dont say I never gave the heads up guys..

monkeygang.. you cant join. your already a member
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:32:17 PM

Bitcoin has the first-mover advantage. Other coins may be slightly better or offer some more interesting features, but that doesn't matter. Someone explained it this way: If Bitcoin offers 80% advantage or innovation over regular financial technologies, other coins may offer 80.1% which isn't enough to compensate for the broad adoption Bitcoin already has. The key to this may be sidechains!

monkeygang

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:33:29 PM

Your a sidechain!

just kidding/ bored Grin

monkeygang.. you cant join. your already a member
Kazimir
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:38:57 AM

Because anything that would make another crypto "better", can also be integrated in Bitcoin. So we'd have the same improvement or advantage in Bitcoin, AND the market size, economic volume, global acceptance, software ecosystem and user base of Bitcoin which is 1000× larger than any other crypto.

Bitcoin still being developed and improved, it's not even 1.0 yet. No need for another crypto whatsoever.

In theory, there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice, there is.
Insert coin(s): 1KazimirL9MNcnFnoosGrEkmMsbYLxPPob
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:43:57 AM

Then how about a new crypto but with an anonymous creator?

Peercoin was created by an anonymous creator, Nxt, Qora...
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 09:45:40 AM

The key to this may be sidechains!

^^^THIS.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: