Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 06:34:38 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] GIPPT Delisting 100% paid.  (Read 18850 times)
dust
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840



View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:41:49 PM
 #121


Quote
<DeaDTerra> It's a delay not a default, when he hasn't paid and no one has heard of him and we are sure he doesn't plan to pay then it's a default.

A default is missing any payment or return of principal.  Pirate missed his payments yesterday.  The bond should be paid out. This will be a good test of pirate exposure of this bonds backers.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
1513406078
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513406078

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513406078
Reply with quote  #2

1513406078
Report to moderator
1513406078
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513406078

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513406078
Reply with quote  #2

1513406078
Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
1513406078
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1513406078

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1513406078
Reply with quote  #2

1513406078
Report to moderator
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.


View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:42:45 PM
 #122

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Has there been a default?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
dust
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840



View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:46:20 PM
 #123

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Has there been a default?
Yes.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.


View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:47:13 PM
 #124

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Has there been a default?
Yes.

Under what terms? Did Deadterra not pay interest last Wednesday?

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064



View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:47:21 PM
 #125

I judge the situation the following, Pirate has said he will start payouts and that they should take a week or two right now he's one day late, from what we know. This doesn't necessarily mean that he has defaulted, hence I would like to wait a bit until the situation becomes more clear.
The bond pays out 1 BTC if pirate defaults and 1 BTC if pirate pays back, so far he has done neither.
//DeaDTerra
ciuciu
Donator
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 588


View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:48:28 PM
 #126

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Has there been a default?

Wednesday it will be a default, if we do not receive a dividend. I suggest you read the contract again. You can return our funds and if the Pirate is paying you recover your BTC.

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.


View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:49:25 PM
 #127

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Has there been a default?

Wednesday it will be a default, if we do not receive a dividend. I suggest you read the contract again.

There's a difference between "will be" and "has defaulted".  Perhaps you should read the question closer.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064



View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:50:41 PM
 #128

From the contract:

Each bond has a face value of 1 BTC and gives the holder the right to a 2.5% interest rate per week (0.025 BTC per bond and week). This interest will be paid as a dividend once a week on Wednesday at 21:00 (GMT+1).

In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Looks pretty clear cut to me.  There are only 2 possible "states" of the bond.

Non-defaulted: we receive 2.5% per week

Defaulted: we receive the insurance money. 

It would be reasonable to assume a few days or so to obtain the insurance money, but if the dividends are not payed Wednesday the bond should be assumed to be "defaulted" and the insurance funds should be on the way
It also says we have the right to change the interest rate, right now pirate is not paying out any interest yet he has not defaulted. He has not failed to pay interest when he said he would, he has just stopped interest for now, until he has paid off all his investors. The difference is massive, the default is no yet clear and as Pirate is sticking around it seems like he's going to pay back his investors.
//DeaDTerra
ciuciu
Donator
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 588


View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:51:47 PM
 #129

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Has there been a default?

Wednesday it will be a default, if we do not receive a dividend. I suggest you read the contract again.

There's a difference between "will be" and "has defaulted".  Perhaps you should read the question closer.

You are right. Allow me to rephrase: When will we get the insurance, if you can't make Wednesday payment? Can you cover the payment from your pocket?

dust
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840



View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:53:09 PM
 #130

I judge the situation the following, Pirate has said he will start payouts and that they should take a week or two right now he's one day late, from what we know. This doesn't necessarily mean that he has defaulted, hence I would like to wait a bit until the situation becomes more clear.
The bond pays out 1 BTC if pirate defaults and 1 BTC if pirate pays back, so far he has done neither.
//DeaDTerra
I'm waiting for someone with a finance background to step in here, but I thought that missing a scheduled payment is considered default.

Quote
The failure to make timely payment of interest or principal on a debt security or to otherwise comply with the provisions of a bond indenture. A breach of a covenant. In context of project financing, a technical default signals a project parameter is outside defined or agreed limits or a legal matter is not yet resolved.
http://financial-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/default

Quote
The failure to promptly pay interest or principal when due. Default occurs when a debtor is unable to meet the legal obligation of debt repayment. Borrowers may default when they are unable to make the required payment or are unwilling to honor the debt.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/d/default2.asp#ixzz24CSbcFRu

Quote
In finance, default occurs when a debtor has not met his or her legal obligations according to the debt contract, e.g. has not made a scheduled payment, or has violated a loan covenant (condition) of the debt contract.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Default_(finance)

Quote
In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.
The contract of GIPPT states it will buy back bonds at face value in case of pirate default.  Pirate has already defaulted.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064



View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:53:33 PM
 #131

Hi DeadTerra,

Can you please let us know when you will buy back the bonds? Goat is already doing it.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=98420.80

Thank you.

Has there been a default?

Wednesday it will be a default, if we do not receive a dividend. I suggest you read the contract again. You can return our funds and if the Pirate is paying you recover your BTC.

Please don't try to play hardballer with me, I wrote the contract I know what it says.
Now people calm down, When a pirate default is obvious and we know he's going to buy back the bonds.
We will start liquidation of capital to prepare for such a event but right now, there is no evidence of a default.
//DeaDTerra
ciuciu
Donator
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 588


View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:53:37 PM
 #132

From the contract:

Each bond has a face value of 1 BTC and gives the holder the right to a 2.5% interest rate per week (0.025 BTC per bond and week). This interest will be paid as a dividend once a week on Wednesday at 21:00 (GMT+1).

In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Looks pretty clear cut to me.  There are only 2 possible "states" of the bond.

Non-defaulted: we receive 2.5% per week

Defaulted: we receive the insurance money. 

It would be reasonable to assume a few days or so to obtain the insurance money, but if the dividends are not payed Wednesday the bond should be assumed to be "defaulted" and the insurance funds should be on the way
It also says we have the right to change the interest rate, right now pirate is not paying out any interest yet he has not defaulted. He has not failed to pay interest when he said he would, he has just stopped interest for now, until he has paid off all his investors. The difference is massive, the default is no yet clear and as Pirate is sticking around it seems like he's going to pay back his investors.
//DeaDTerra

DeaDTerra in other words, you can cut the dividend to 0 and never return our funds, is this what you mean?

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1218


Gerald Davis


View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:54:06 PM
 #133

Under what terms? Did Deadterra not pay interest last Wednesday?

The terms of the contract are based on a Pirate default not a Deadterra default.

Quote
In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064



View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:55:02 PM
 #134

From the contract:

Each bond has a face value of 1 BTC and gives the holder the right to a 2.5% interest rate per week (0.025 BTC per bond and week). This interest will be paid as a dividend once a week on Wednesday at 21:00 (GMT+1).

In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Looks pretty clear cut to me.  There are only 2 possible "states" of the bond.

Non-defaulted: we receive 2.5% per week

Defaulted: we receive the insurance money. 

It would be reasonable to assume a few days or so to obtain the insurance money, but if the dividends are not payed Wednesday the bond should be assumed to be "defaulted" and the insurance funds should be on the way
It also says we have the right to change the interest rate, right now pirate is not paying out any interest yet he has not defaulted. He has not failed to pay interest when he said he would, he has just stopped interest for now, until he has paid off all his investors. The difference is massive, the default is no yet clear and as Pirate is sticking around it seems like he's going to pay back his investors.
//DeaDTerra

DeaDTerra in other words, you can cut the dividend to 0 and never return our funds, is this what you mean?
Now you are placing words into my mouth which I do not like Smiley
I am saying that we are going to pay the insurance once there's evidence for a default or pirate pays out.
//DeaDTerra
ciuciu
Donator
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 588


View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:56:09 PM
 #135

From the contract:

Each bond has a face value of 1 BTC and gives the holder the right to a 2.5% interest rate per week (0.025 BTC per bond and week). This interest will be paid as a dividend once a week on Wednesday at 21:00 (GMT+1).

In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Looks pretty clear cut to me.  There are only 2 possible "states" of the bond.

Non-defaulted: we receive 2.5% per week

Defaulted: we receive the insurance money. 

It would be reasonable to assume a few days or so to obtain the insurance money, but if the dividends are not payed Wednesday the bond should be assumed to be "defaulted" and the insurance funds should be on the way
It also says we have the right to change the interest rate, right now pirate is not paying out any interest yet he has not defaulted. He has not failed to pay interest when he said he would, he has just stopped interest for now, until he has paid off all his investors. The difference is massive, the default is no yet clear and as Pirate is sticking around it seems like he's going to pay back his investors.
//DeaDTerra

DeaDTerra in other words, you can cut the dividend to 0 and never return our funds, is this what you mean?
Now you are placing words into my mouth which I do not like Smiley
I am saying that we are going to pay the insurance once there's evidence for a default or pirate pays out.
//DeaDTerra

So which evidence is good enough for you?

imsaguy
General failure and former
VIP
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 574

Don't send me a pm unless you gpg encrypt it.


View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:56:09 PM
 #136

Under what terms? Did Deadterra not pay interest last Wednesday?

The terms of the contract are based on a Pirate default not a Deadterra default.

Quote
In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Pirate hasn't defaulted technically.  He paid interest as a reinvested payment.  If the fund chooses to fund that out of pocket, that is the right of the fund and you have no claim.

Coming Soon!™ © imsaguy 2011-2013, All rights reserved.

EIEIO:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60117.0

Shades Minoco Collection Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=65989
Payment Address: http://btc.to/5r6
DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064



View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:56:24 PM
 #137

Under what terms? Did Deadterra not pay interest last Wednesday?

The terms of the contract are based on a Pirate default not a Deadterra default.

Quote
In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.



But pirate has not failed to pay a scheduled interest, as he announced he was closing down last week.
Though I understand everyones concern and as I was saying capital is being liquidated to be able to buyback the bonds as soon as possible.
But I would prefer waiting until there's evidence of a default.
//DeaDTerra
dust
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 840



View Profile WWW
August 21, 2012, 04:57:12 PM
 #138

Under what terms? Did Deadterra not pay interest last Wednesday?

The terms of the contract are based on a Pirate default not a Deadterra default.

Quote
In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Pirate hasn't defaulted technically.  He paid interest as a reinvested payment.  If the fund chooses to fund that out of pocket, that is the right of the fund and you have no claim.
I guess he will never default then, he can just rack up interest forever.  Huh

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
ciuciu
Donator
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 588


View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:57:26 PM
 #139

Under what terms? Did Deadterra not pay interest last Wednesday?

The terms of the contract are based on a Pirate default not a Deadterra default.

Quote
In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Pirate hasn't defaulted technically.  He paid interest as a reinvested payment.  If the fund chooses to fund that out of pocket, that is the right of the fund and you have no claim.

I agree with this.

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1064



View Profile
August 21, 2012, 04:58:40 PM
 #140

From the contract:

Each bond has a face value of 1 BTC and gives the holder the right to a 2.5% interest rate per week (0.025 BTC per bond and week). This interest will be paid as a dividend once a week on Wednesday at 21:00 (GMT+1).

In case of Pirate default INeedAUsername will pay 95% of the bonds face value to the bond holder, while DeaDTerra will pay the other 5%.


Looks pretty clear cut to me.  There are only 2 possible "states" of the bond.

Non-defaulted: we receive 2.5% per week

Defaulted: we receive the insurance money. 

It would be reasonable to assume a few days or so to obtain the insurance money, but if the dividends are not payed Wednesday the bond should be assumed to be "defaulted" and the insurance funds should be on the way
It also says we have the right to change the interest rate, right now pirate is not paying out any interest yet he has not defaulted. He has not failed to pay interest when he said he would, he has just stopped interest for now, until he has paid off all his investors. The difference is massive, the default is no yet clear and as Pirate is sticking around it seems like he's going to pay back his investors.
//DeaDTerra

DeaDTerra in other words, you can cut the dividend to 0 and never return our funds, is this what you mean?
Now you are placing words into my mouth which I do not like Smiley
I am saying that we are going to pay the insurance once there's evidence for a default or pirate pays out.
//DeaDTerra

So which evidence is good enough for you?
One day delay is not good enough, I want to wait a couple of days and if no payment has been paid out then there's evidence of a default as he failed to payout when he scheduled that he was going to do so.
Meanwhile we are liquidating capital to prepare for the buyback.
//DeaDTerra
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!