Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:44:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptobuy - New BTC Only Business  (Read 5424 times)
Cryptobuy (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 10:43:43 PM

Hello Everyone!
I just opened up a bitcoin only business, my goal here is to sell products that people want at a good price. Currently, my product selection is limited to mostly tech/gadget type items, but I'm expanding that. I've been reading on the forums and heard some complains that people tend to pay a premium to spend bitcoins, I hope I can change that.

I'm posting here to spread the word, build trust, as well as get any input I can from the community.

The website is: www.cryptobuy.com 

If you guys have any suggestions, questions, or anything - let me know. I appreciate any feedback.

Looking forward to joining the bitcoin community. Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamleap

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:56:16 PM

Good luck on your new business.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 10:58:54 PM

Thank you!

In regards to HTTPS... Would this be a real problem with BTC orders? I understand if using a credit card, but in this case when you order you're provided a BTC address to send payment to - no actual information is sent over the web. Use your bitcoin client to send payment to the address. If there is a security risk I am not seeing, please let me know!
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:01:23 PM

Cool site!  Couple bugs:

The link to your TOS is broken in the checkout process.

Just placed an order and I got a different payment address on the webpage than I got in the confirmation email...  Please advise.

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:03:45 PM

Without SSL, eavesdroppers will be able to see your users email, password, and address. If you have non-security savy customers (nearly the only kind of customers who would use your site without SSL), they will likely re-use their email password on your site... this will allow eavesdroppers access to your user's email accounts, and by extension everything validated with those accounts.

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:05:30 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2012, 12:50:55 AM by Cryptobuy

Ok, thank you. I'll check into that.

Chris - Thanks for the feedback. Either address should work, but that is strange - can you forward the order confirmation to me at support at cryptobuy dot com? I'd like to compare the addresses.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:49:22 PM

I am having SSL installed on the site right now.
Durendal

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:52:54 PM

Great site so far, and some really interesting stuff for sale! Hope to see this grow into a popular online bitcoin store.
ChrisKoss

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:04:57 AM

I've raised this with the site owner, and he is working on this already, but passwords are currently being stored as plaintext.  He said he's working on it.

However, until then, do not register with his site with your most secure password: come up with a brand new password or use a tool like lastpass to create a unique password for you.

Should be fixed soon.  The admin is very quick to respond over email, I have high hopes for this site.

scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:32:18 AM

In regards to HTTPS... Would this be a real problem with BTC orders? I understand if using a credit card, but in this case when you order you're provided a BTC address to send payment to - no actual information is sent over the web. Use your bitcoin client to send payment to the address. If there is a security risk I am not seeing, please let me know!

I believe an attacker could replace your BTC address with his own, to hijack your customers' payments, if the connection is not encrypted.  Good to hear you're setting up SSL, and looks like a good site!

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:37:15 AM

Thanks! SSL should be up within a day or two.

The password issue has been resolved.

Also, passwords are no longer sent plain text with any emails.

That said - still, please don't use the same passwords on here as with your email or other accounts.  Smiley
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 12:51:28 AM

First off, love the site. I know ill be purchasing a few items soon.

Second, SSL is pretty necessary in my opinion, so much so that the only way I will create an account is with a freshly generated password. Security is a big factor on any trade site.

Edit before posting: I'm glad SSL will be up soon, thanks for dealing with these issues expediently.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:53:27 AM

Second, SSL is pretty necessary in my opinion, so much so that the only way I will create an account is with a freshly generated password. Security is a big factor on any trade site.

Edit before posting: I'm glad SSL will be up soon, thanks for dealing with these issues expediently.

Absolutely! I'm thankful for all the feedback and good suggestions.

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:54:34 AM

BTW Guys: If there is anything that you want and I don't have on the site, just post it here or email me: support at crypobuy dot com

I'll do my best to get it for a good price and add it to the site.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 12:59:00 AM

I like your site. I hope you will succeed!

fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:12:03 AM

Absolutely! I'm thankful for all the feedback and good suggestions.

A zippo style lighter with a BTC on it? Tongue
Durendal

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 01:18:03 AM

BTW Guys: If there is anything that you want and I don't have on the site, just post it here or email me: support at crypobuy dot com

I'll do my best to get it for a good price and add it to the site.

Is this site aimed at a specific market, such as technology and gadget accessories, or will you eventually expand your category listings? Just curious since you left "anything" to mean pretty much anything.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:22:04 AM

Hello Everyone!
I just opened up a bitcoin only business, my goal here is to sell products that people want at a good price. Currently, my product selection is limited to mostly tech/gadget type items, but I'm expanding that. I've been reading on the forums and heard some complains that people tend to pay a premium to spend bitcoins, I hope I can change that.

I'm posting here to spread the word, build trust, as well as get any input I can from the community.

If you guys have any suggestions, questions, or anything - let me know. I appreciate any feedback.

If you can verify that the site belongs to you (just to deter impostors), I can whitelist you to post in the main forums.  Cheesy
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 01:24:59 AM

Well... I started with tech items because thats what i enjoy - but we'll see where it goes.

I like the BTC branded zippo style light idea...anything like that already exist anywhere?

How can I verify? Would putting a link to this thread on the homepage somewhere work?
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:40:37 AM

Hello Everyone!

If you can verify that the site belongs to you (just to deter impostors), I can whitelist you to post in the main forums.  Cheesy

Along with that, a moving of the thread would probably help.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:43:20 AM

Well... I started with tech items because thats what i enjoy - but we'll see where it goes.

I like the BTC branded zippo style light idea...anything like that already exist anywhere?

How can I verify? Would putting a link to this thread on the homepage somewhere work?

Just putting a link here or a few select words like "I'm Cryptobuy on bitcointalk.org' would work.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 01:49:44 AM

Done, I placed "You can see a thread about this site at www.bitcointalk.com, I am user "CryptoBuy" " on the home page.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 02:06:18 AM

Done, I placed "You can see a thread about this site at www.bitcointalk.com, I am user "CryptoBuy" " on the home page.
Verified and whitelisted. If you want I can move this thread to the Marketplace subforum, or you can do that yourself too.  Wink
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 02:19:25 AM

Thank you John! If you'd be willing to move the thread, I'd appreciate it! I cannot seem to find where to do that.  Undecided Sorry!
Herodes

Activity: 868

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 02:50:31 AM

Seeing as you sell a lot of interesting and 'delicate' goods, providing a public PGP e-mail for secure communication with customers could be an idea. That way nobody could eavesdrop on the wire and read about all the 'goodies' somebody is buying.

A question in regards to the gsm units, does these work in Europe as well ?

For instance: http://cryptobuy.com/product.php?id_product=17

Pre paid SIM card only works in the US ? To use it in Europe, you only need to insert a local SIM card?

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 02:58:19 AM

That's not a bad idea. I'll look into adding a PGP key. Speaking of which, if anyone wanted to purchase something directly using PGP, they could just email - no need for using the account based system (with it's automated emails) if stealth is an issue in their case.

In regards to the GSM/GPS units - They are quad band and will work in Europe. You would need to insert any SIM card, prepaid, or otherwise - it will work. I typically recommend prepaid because I am not a fan of minimum monthly fees, and if you're needing to be stealthy - prepaid is the way to go. Ideally you would want a local SIM card (at least in the same country) as it would cost less per message. I don't know if it'd be required thought - I think it depends on carrier.

I've used these to track some rental equipment and they have worked well. When you call the number, it reply's via SMS with the lat/long coordinates, speed, battery level, and a link to google maps you can view on your mobile phone. (If you have internet access)
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 04:54:21 PM

SSL is now active on the website
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 05:04:36 PM

SSL is now active on the website
Your form actions are all http:// still. Entering an email to register an account didn't work for me.
EDIT: Actually almost everything is a full link with http:// - perhaps you might want to use relative links for everything.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 05:14:45 PM

I see it - it seems to have created an issue with the account functions.

Thanks for the heads up - working on it.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 05:26:56 PM

Problem Solved. SSL should now work throughout.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 05:29:41 PM

I have also added a guest checkout ability.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 05:30:58 PM

OK, now I got to the end where it should present a bitcoin address, but the space for the address is blank.

EDIT: The email that came did have the address in it though.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 05:33:54 PM

Checkout completed, with a small spelling error Wink "This order has been validate "

Now I just wait for my items.

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 05:34:51 PM

I have received the BTC and marked your order "Payment Accepted" Will get this processed ASAP. Thank you for your business!

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 05:59:33 PM

Note: I lowered the prices earlier today for most items due to the recent increase in BTC value (I've been building the site over a few weeks) and added a laser sampler kit that has a 1W blue laser, 100mw red laser, and 50mw green for 30BTC: https://cryptobuy.com/product.php?id_product=49

SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:18:52 PM

Note: I lowered the prices earlier today for most items due to the recent increase in BTC value (I've been building the site over a few weeks) and added a laser sampler kit that has a 1W blue laser, 100mw red laser, and 50mw green for 30BTC: https://cryptobuy.com/product.php?id_product=49

Get ready to be changing prices often... BTC price isnt going to stabilize... ever

Also there are now some discrepancies between the actual price of the item and the price stated in the items description.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 06:25:52 PM

Yeah I know - I have accepted that fact of life. I'll eventually work out a way to do it automatically.

I'll update those items with the discrepancy.
cryptoanarchist
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 06:33:20 PM

Cool site!

I look forward to doing some shopping on there soon.   Smiley

I'm grumpy!!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 06:47:10 PM

Great! Looking forward to your business!
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 01:42:29 AM

Just recieved my first order after a quick 4 days and the triple flame torch lighter works fantastically! Thanks cryptobuy!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 01:25:22 AM

Glad to hear that!

I also took a video of the 200mw Red Laser if anyone is interested, download it here: https://cryptobuy.com/filebin/200mwredcombined1.wmv

Edit: You might want to right click and save as to download the video file. I'll find a method of adding a flash player to the site in the future.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:35:41 AM

Looks like my stuff was drop shipped from a few locations in china and hong kong, so it will be several more days til it arrives.

Tip: I got a total of 7 emails from registration thru shipping confirmations. It might be a good idea to see if some of those can be cut down so as not to get so many.

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 01:49:36 AM

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm still working out how to get the tracking info any everything into the system properly. Seems each time I made a mod to the order page it sent out an email. Sorry about that.

In regards to shipping origins, there is a "Shipping Info" section on each item that has info about where an item comes from, and how long it takes to arrive.
MasonIII

Activity: 328

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:23:25 AM

Hmm, I had a really random thought, do you (or anyone) know (or think) that either of the lighters would work for searing steak before baking? Since the point is the char the outside without cooking the inside to seal in juices, I reason that a hotter flame would be better. Just don't know if this flame is overkill.

Also, how long does the lighter fluid last for and can it be replaced?

Thanks for the awesome site, if/when I get more bitcoins, there are some larger items I definitely would want.
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:39:42 AM

Hmm, I had a really random thought, do you (or anyone) know (or think) that either of the lighters would work for searing steak before baking? Since the point is the char the outside without cooking the inside to seal in juices, I reason that a hotter flame would be better. Just don't know if this flame is overkill.

Also, how long does the lighter fluid last for and can it be replaced?

Thanks for the awesome site, if/when I get more bitcoins, there are some larger items I definitely would want.

I go the triple flame and honestly you would have quite the char going if you cooked the steak for even a second or two under that. if you wan the inside blue and the outside black though, go for it. My fluid is lasting suprisingly long, ive barely seen a noticeable difference in quite a while of using it.
MasonIII

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:52:34 AM

Do you mean rare (red)? I don't think steak is ever blue or should ever be blue, especially on the inside. Thanks for the input on the fluid, do you know if it can be replaced without buying a new one? I like the triple flame design, but do you know if it would work pointing it downwards at something to char? Looking at the pictures, it seems the dual flame would be better suited for that purpose since it is already angled. Thanks for the answers fatigue.

Just realized that there is a single flame, on third thought, I think that might be the best as multiple flames at that temperature may already be overkill, entirely open to input and suggestions here.

Edit: Google showed me that black and blue is actually a way of cooking steak. Cheesy Sounds intriguing.
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:04:05 PM

Do you mean rare (red)? I don't think steak is ever blue or should ever be blue, especially on the inside. Thanks for the input on the fluid, do you know if it can be replaced without buying a new one? I like the triple flame design, but do you know if it would work pointing it downwards at something to char? Looking at the pictures, it seems the dual flame would be better suited for that purpose since it is already angled. Thanks for the answers fatigue.

Just realized that there is a single flame, on third thought, I think that might be the best as multiple flames at that temperature may already be overkill, entirely open to input and suggestions here.

Edit: Google showed me that black and blue is actually a way of cooking steak. Cheesy Sounds intriguing.

Yeah 'blue' is generally referred to when a steak is extremely rare as it can give off that kind of hue if its the right cut. The single flame might yet be the best, but really, it will be nearly as hot as well. The Triple and Double go to 3500 degrees Fahrenheit while the Single still does 2500.
MasonIII

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:12:47 PM

Yeah 'blue' is generally referred to when a steak is extremely rare as it can give off that kind of hue if its the right cut. The single flame might yet be the best, but really, it will be nearly as hot as well. The Triple and Double go to 3500 degrees Fahrenheit while the Single still does 2500.

Sounds good. Tentatively going to go with the single flame as it is significantly cheaper (relative to the other 2). Gonna order after I get back from a trip so I can be here to get it, I'll let you know how it works when I get it and try it on steak in case you would like to try it. Thanks!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 01:26:36 PM

Looking forward to your business!

To answer a few questions I saw - Yes, the lighters are all refillable. You can use a standard butane refill available at walmart for $2-$3 which will refill it many times.

They will work upside down - depending on fuel level, they might sputter and die in which case you'd have to turn it over.
MasonIII

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 03:38:58 AM

Just ordered, can't wait. Hopefully it'll arrive early before the 13 days (3+10) so I can try it out before school starts Smiley My taste buds are awaiting.

Quick and easy process, smooth and simple
ChrisKoss

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:33:32 PM

Just received my order.  Thanks!

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:43:32 AM

Just got half of my order (single flame lighter) - it seems to be of reasonably good quality with a capacious fluid tank and reliable fast ignition. Just awaiting the 30mw laser and hoping it is delivered soon.

Btw, the 30mw is a good size because it doesn't seem to be as dangerous as the 100+mw units that burn things, but also is more powerful than the usual 5mw units. My planned applicaiton for this unit is for a presentation pointer that works at very long distances and that is very visible to audience members far away. I'll need to test it though and make sure it won't burn my screen (it shouldn't).

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:32:09 PM

Just got half of my order (single flame lighter) - it seems to be of reasonably good quality with a capacious fluid tank and reliable fast ignition. Just awaiting the 30mw laser and hoping it is delivered soon.

Btw, the 30mw is a good size because it doesn't seem to be as dangerous as the 100+mw units that burn things, but also is more powerful than the usual 5mw units. My planned applicaiton for this unit is for a presentation pointer that works at very long distances and that is very visible to audience members far away. I'll need to test it though and make sure it won't burn my screen (it shouldn't).
I forgot to post when I got my laser, it was a few days ago - this thing is nice and bright! Great for star pointing. Obviously, it isn't smart to look at the reflections from it, but it won't start burning things at random like something more powerful might.

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 08:35:32 PM

Don't worry, it'll be hard for a laser to burn your screen, as the white screens reflect the light. For burning, you typically need a dark colored object. Also, a good rule of thumb for laser output is each time you double the output it increase the visible brightness by approx 20%.

I agree with you, 30mw is a good choice in many applications - it is very bight - and while I'm sure some people with disagree.. it won't cause instant blindness in a careless mistake situation. Don't let that statement preclude good laser safety, technically speaking anything over 5mw is considered dangerous, but in practice I've accidentally beamed myself with 30mw and I can still see... most of the time. Tongue
HeavyMetal

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

I believe an attacker could replace your BTC address with his own, to hijack your customers' payments, if the connection is not encrypted.  Good to hear you're setting up SSL, and looks like a good site!

This is exactly what an attacker can do on a plaintext connection. One would merely have to run ettercap with a custom filter on either the LAN of the server or the LAN of the client. A hostile access point would have no problem replacing any bitcoin address it sees on any website with their own, without even having to target your site specifically.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 03:02:48 PM

Right after that security issue was made known, I upgraded the site to SSL. It should be good to go now.
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:17:07 PM

Right after that security issue was made known, I upgraded the site to SSL. It should be good to go now.

I must say, I was concerned about that issue when it was first brought up, but it was nearly immediately taken care of in a very professionally expedient manner.

On a side note, I forgot to send some more feedback but I've recieved two more products that are fantastic!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 01:17:32 AM

Hello everyone! I am just writing a quick post to let everyone know I've added a few new items to Cryptobuy.com. They can be seen here:

https://cryptobuy.com/new-products.php

I'm also interested to hear any item requests you guys may have. Let me know!
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 07:28:19 PM

Great work, really nice site and free worldwide delivery, omfg, nice. Just waiting for snailmoney to get through the bank and will be putting in an order Smiley

Yeah, teh free shipping is very sweet. looking forward to dropping so BTC when I've got a few to spend on frivolities. :-) Good selection of what looks like decent quality gadgets..

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 09:59:14 PM

Thanks! Smiley

I am open to suggestions on what to add to the site, too.
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 03:11:57 PM

more spy/security gadgets
more stun guns (although i'm not sure how i'd order one, since they are illegal in Ontario, Canada...)

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 02:38:41 AM

Thanks!

I've added a few more stun guns, some pepper sprays, and a couple more security gadgets - including a 1.2ghz wireless camera, cell phone jammer, and gps jammer . I will keep sourcing new stuff to add, and always welcome suggestions.
farlack
Legendary

Activity: 1311

View Profile
October 22, 2012, 05:15:55 AM

Hey man, quick question, what module do you use to accept bitcoins I cant find one to sell my stuff with  Huh
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2012, 11:15:16 PM

Farlack, sorry for the delay. I use "Bitcoin" by X-erOs. It's a presashop payment module.

I think this was where I found it: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/123451-module-free-bitcoin/
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: