Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:58:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptobuy - New BTC Only Business  (Read 5424 times)
Cryptobuy (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 10:43:43 PM

Hello Everyone!
I just opened up a bitcoin only business, my goal here is to sell products that people want at a good price. Currently, my product selection is limited to mostly tech/gadget type items, but I'm expanding that. I've been reading on the forums and heard some complains that people tend to pay a premium to spend bitcoins, I hope I can change that.

I'm posting here to spread the word, build trust, as well as get any input I can from the community.

The website is: www.cryptobuy.com 

If you guys have any suggestions, questions, or anything - let me know. I appreciate any feedback.

Looking forward to joining the bitcoin community. Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iamleap

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:56:16 PM

Good luck on your new business.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 10:58:54 PM

Thank you!

In regards to HTTPS... Would this be a real problem with BTC orders? I understand if using a credit card, but in this case when you order you're provided a BTC address to send payment to - no actual information is sent over the web. Use your bitcoin client to send payment to the address. If there is a security risk I am not seeing, please let me know!
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:01:23 PM

Cool site!  Couple bugs:

The link to your TOS is broken in the checkout process.

Just placed an order and I got a different payment address on the webpage than I got in the confirmation email...  Please advise.

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 11:03:45 PM

Without SSL, eavesdroppers will be able to see your users email, password, and address. If you have non-security savy customers (nearly the only kind of customers who would use your site without SSL), they will likely re-use their email password on your site... this will allow eavesdroppers access to your user's email accounts, and by extension everything validated with those accounts.

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:05:30 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2012, 12:50:55 AM by Cryptobuy

Ok, thank you. I'll check into that.

Chris - Thanks for the feedback. Either address should work, but that is strange - can you forward the order confirmation to me at support at cryptobuy dot com? I'd like to compare the addresses.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:49:22 PM

I am having SSL installed on the site right now.
Durendal

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 11:52:54 PM

Great site so far, and some really interesting stuff for sale! Hope to see this grow into a popular online bitcoin store.
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:04:57 AM

I've raised this with the site owner, and he is working on this already, but passwords are currently being stored as plaintext.  He said he's working on it.

However, until then, do not register with his site with your most secure password: come up with a brand new password or use a tool like lastpass to create a unique password for you.

Should be fixed soon.  The admin is very quick to respond over email, I have high hopes for this site.

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
scintill

Activity: 448
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:32:18 AM

In regards to HTTPS... Would this be a real problem with BTC orders? I understand if using a credit card, but in this case when you order you're provided a BTC address to send payment to - no actual information is sent over the web. Use your bitcoin client to send payment to the address. If there is a security risk I am not seeing, please let me know!

I believe an attacker could replace your BTC address with his own, to hijack your customers' payments, if the connection is not encrypted.  Good to hear you're setting up SSL, and looks like a good site!

1SCiN5kqkAbxxwesKMsH9GvyWnWP5YK2W | donations
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:37:15 AM

Thanks! SSL should be up within a day or two.

The password issue has been resolved.

Also, passwords are no longer sent plain text with any emails.

That said - still, please don't use the same passwords on here as with your email or other accounts.  Smiley
fatigue

Activity: 196

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 12:51:28 AM

First off, love the site. I know ill be purchasing a few items soon.

Second, SSL is pretty necessary in my opinion, so much so that the only way I will create an account is with a freshly generated password. Security is a big factor on any trade site.

Edit before posting: I'm glad SSL will be up soon, thanks for dealing with these issues expediently.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:53:27 AM

Second, SSL is pretty necessary in my opinion, so much so that the only way I will create an account is with a freshly generated password. Security is a big factor on any trade site.

Edit before posting: I'm glad SSL will be up soon, thanks for dealing with these issues expediently.

Absolutely! I'm thankful for all the feedback and good suggestions.

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 12:54:34 AM

BTW Guys: If there is anything that you want and I don't have on the site, just post it here or email me: support at crypobuy dot com

I'll do my best to get it for a good price and add it to the site.
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 12:59:00 AM

I like your site. I hope you will succeed!

fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:12:03 AM

Absolutely! I'm thankful for all the feedback and good suggestions.

A zippo style lighter with a BTC on it? Tongue
Durendal

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 01:18:03 AM

BTW Guys: If there is anything that you want and I don't have on the site, just post it here or email me: support at crypobuy dot com

I'll do my best to get it for a good price and add it to the site.

Is this site aimed at a specific market, such as technology and gadget accessories, or will you eventually expand your category listings? Just curious since you left "anything" to mean pretty much anything.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:22:04 AM

Hello Everyone!
I just opened up a bitcoin only business, my goal here is to sell products that people want at a good price. Currently, my product selection is limited to mostly tech/gadget type items, but I'm expanding that. I've been reading on the forums and heard some complains that people tend to pay a premium to spend bitcoins, I hope I can change that.

I'm posting here to spread the word, build trust, as well as get any input I can from the community.

If you guys have any suggestions, questions, or anything - let me know. I appreciate any feedback.

If you can verify that the site belongs to you (just to deter impostors), I can whitelist you to post in the main forums.  Cheesy
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2012, 01:24:59 AM

Well... I started with tech items because thats what i enjoy - but we'll see where it goes.

I like the BTC branded zippo style light idea...anything like that already exist anywhere?

How can I verify? Would putting a link to this thread on the homepage somewhere work?
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 01:40:37 AM

Hello Everyone!

If you can verify that the site belongs to you (just to deter impostors), I can whitelist you to post in the main forums.  Cheesy

Along with that, a moving of the thread would probably help.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: