Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:27:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptobuy - New BTC Only Business  (Read 5418 times)
Cryptobuy (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 01:25:22 AM

Glad to hear that!

I also took a video of the 200mw Red Laser if anyone is interested, download it here: https://cryptobuy.com/filebin/200mwredcombined1.wmv

Edit: You might want to right click and save as to download the video file. I'll find a method of adding a flash player to the site in the future.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:35:41 AM

Looks like my stuff was drop shipped from a few locations in china and hong kong, so it will be several more days til it arrives.

Tip: I got a total of 7 emails from registration thru shipping confirmations. It might be a good idea to see if some of those can be cut down so as not to get so many.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 01:49:36 AM

Ok, thanks for the feedback. I'm still working out how to get the tracking info any everything into the system properly. Seems each time I made a mod to the order page it sent out an email. Sorry about that.

In regards to shipping origins, there is a "Shipping Info" section on each item that has info about where an item comes from, and how long it takes to arrive.
MasonIII

Activity: 328

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:23:25 AM

Hmm, I had a really random thought, do you (or anyone) know (or think) that either of the lighters would work for searing steak before baking? Since the point is the char the outside without cooking the inside to seal in juices, I reason that a hotter flame would be better. Just don't know if this flame is overkill.

Also, how long does the lighter fluid last for and can it be replaced?

Thanks for the awesome site, if/when I get more bitcoins, there are some larger items I definitely would want.
fatigue

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:39:42 AM

Hmm, I had a really random thought, do you (or anyone) know (or think) that either of the lighters would work for searing steak before baking? Since the point is the char the outside without cooking the inside to seal in juices, I reason that a hotter flame would be better. Just don't know if this flame is overkill.

Also, how long does the lighter fluid last for and can it be replaced?

Thanks for the awesome site, if/when I get more bitcoins, there are some larger items I definitely would want.

I go the triple flame and honestly you would have quite the char going if you cooked the steak for even a second or two under that. if you wan the inside blue and the outside black though, go for it. My fluid is lasting suprisingly long, ive barely seen a noticeable difference in quite a while of using it.
MasonIII

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 11:52:34 AM

Do you mean rare (red)? I don't think steak is ever blue or should ever be blue, especially on the inside. Thanks for the input on the fluid, do you know if it can be replaced without buying a new one? I like the triple flame design, but do you know if it would work pointing it downwards at something to char? Looking at the pictures, it seems the dual flame would be better suited for that purpose since it is already angled. Thanks for the answers fatigue.

Just realized that there is a single flame, on third thought, I think that might be the best as multiple flames at that temperature may already be overkill, entirely open to input and suggestions here.

Edit: Google showed me that black and blue is actually a way of cooking steak. Cheesy Sounds intriguing.
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:04:05 PM

Do you mean rare (red)? I don't think steak is ever blue or should ever be blue, especially on the inside. Thanks for the input on the fluid, do you know if it can be replaced without buying a new one? I like the triple flame design, but do you know if it would work pointing it downwards at something to char? Looking at the pictures, it seems the dual flame would be better suited for that purpose since it is already angled. Thanks for the answers fatigue.

Just realized that there is a single flame, on third thought, I think that might be the best as multiple flames at that temperature may already be overkill, entirely open to input and suggestions here.

Edit: Google showed me that black and blue is actually a way of cooking steak. Cheesy Sounds intriguing.

Yeah 'blue' is generally referred to when a steak is extremely rare as it can give off that kind of hue if its the right cut. The single flame might yet be the best, but really, it will be nearly as hot as well. The Triple and Double go to 3500 degrees Fahrenheit while the Single still does 2500.
MasonIII

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 12:12:47 PM

Yeah 'blue' is generally referred to when a steak is extremely rare as it can give off that kind of hue if its the right cut. The single flame might yet be the best, but really, it will be nearly as hot as well. The Triple and Double go to 3500 degrees Fahrenheit while the Single still does 2500.

Sounds good. Tentatively going to go with the single flame as it is significantly cheaper (relative to the other 2). Gonna order after I get back from a trip so I can be here to get it, I'll let you know how it works when I get it and try it on steak in case you would like to try it. Thanks!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 01:26:36 PM

Looking forward to your business!

To answer a few questions I saw - Yes, the lighters are all refillable. You can use a standard butane refill available at walmart for $2-$3 which will refill it many times.

They will work upside down - depending on fuel level, they might sputter and die in which case you'd have to turn it over.
MasonIII

View Profile
August 10, 2012, 03:38:58 AM

Just ordered, can't wait. Hopefully it'll arrive early before the 13 days (3+10) so I can try it out before school starts Smiley My taste buds are awaiting.

Quick and easy process, smooth and simple
ChrisKoss

Activity: 169

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2012, 06:33:32 PM

Just received my order.  Thanks!

I am a consultant providing services to CoinLab, Inc.
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 15, 2012, 03:43:32 AM

Just got half of my order (single flame lighter) - it seems to be of reasonably good quality with a capacious fluid tank and reliable fast ignition. Just awaiting the 30mw laser and hoping it is delivered soon.

Btw, the 30mw is a good size because it doesn't seem to be as dangerous as the 100+mw units that burn things, but also is more powerful than the usual 5mw units. My planned applicaiton for this unit is for a presentation pointer that works at very long distances and that is very visible to audience members far away. I'll need to test it though and make sure it won't burn my screen (it shouldn't).

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 08:32:09 PM

Just got half of my order (single flame lighter) - it seems to be of reasonably good quality with a capacious fluid tank and reliable fast ignition. Just awaiting the 30mw laser and hoping it is delivered soon.

Btw, the 30mw is a good size because it doesn't seem to be as dangerous as the 100+mw units that burn things, but also is more powerful than the usual 5mw units. My planned applicaiton for this unit is for a presentation pointer that works at very long distances and that is very visible to audience members far away. I'll need to test it though and make sure it won't burn my screen (it shouldn't).
I forgot to post when I got my laser, it was a few days ago - this thing is nice and bright! Great for star pointing. Obviously, it isn't smart to look at the reflections from it, but it won't start burning things at random like something more powerful might.

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2012, 08:35:32 PM

Don't worry, it'll be hard for a laser to burn your screen, as the white screens reflect the light. For burning, you typically need a dark colored object. Also, a good rule of thumb for laser output is each time you double the output it increase the visible brightness by approx 20%.

I agree with you, 30mw is a good choice in many applications - it is very bight - and while I'm sure some people with disagree.. it won't cause instant blindness in a careless mistake situation. Don't let that statement preclude good laser safety, technically speaking anything over 5mw is considered dangerous, but in practice I've accidentally beamed myself with 30mw and I can still see... most of the time. Tongue
HeavyMetal

Activity: 42

View Profile
August 27, 2012, 06:05:31 PM

In regards to HTTPS... Would this be a real problem with BTC orders? I understand if using a credit card, but in this case when you order you're provided a BTC address to send payment to - no actual information is sent over the web. Use your bitcoin client to send payment to the address. If there is a security risk I am not seeing, please let me know!

I believe an attacker could replace your BTC address with his own, to hijack your customers' payments, if the connection is not encrypted.  Good to hear you're setting up SSL, and looks like a good site!

This is exactly what an attacker can do on a plaintext connection. One would merely have to run ettercap with a custom filter on either the LAN of the server or the LAN of the client. A hostile access point would have no problem replacing any bitcoin address it sees on any website with their own, without even having to target your site specifically.
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2012, 03:02:48 PM

Right after that security issue was made known, I upgraded the site to SSL. It should be good to go now.
fatigue

Bitcoin is a food group.

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 04:17:07 PM

Right after that security issue was made known, I upgraded the site to SSL. It should be good to go now.

I must say, I was concerned about that issue when it was first brought up, but it was nearly immediately taken care of in a very professionally expedient manner.

On a side note, I forgot to send some more feedback but I've recieved two more products that are fantastic!
Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 01:17:32 AM

Hello everyone! I am just writing a quick post to let everyone know I've added a few new items to Cryptobuy.com. They can be seen here:

https://cryptobuy.com/new-products.php

I'm also interested to hear any item requests you guys may have. Let me know!
Aahzman

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 17, 2012, 07:28:19 PM

Great work, really nice site and free worldwide delivery, omfg, nice. Just waiting for snailmoney to get through the bank and will be putting in an order Smiley

Yeah, teh free shipping is very sweet. looking forward to dropping so BTC when I've got a few to spend on frivolities. :-) Good selection of what looks like decent quality gadgets..

Cryptobuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2012, 09:59:14 PM

Thanks! Smiley

I am open to suggestions on what to add to the site, too.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: