Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:11:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Who cares about bitcoin price?  (Read 2855 times)
ALXBOB (OP)

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:15:34 PM

We should focus on bitcoin services and innovating technologies around bitcoin! Those who are interest for the price only and they only care for easy money are not welcome!

Tales from the crypto

One Wallet to Rule them All! http://coinomi.com/ Now with Shapeshift integration!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Montgomery Mental Ward

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:17:25 PM

i am.  i am willing to bet it will be $666 by the mid-point next year
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:23:05 PM

I think price can be a distraction and is not a measure of success. Ever since the speculators showed up there has been a greedy streak in the community that drives the bubbles. People who don't really care about bitcoin, they want dollars. I'm not against it. I don't think it matters what we do. Adoption is how many places I can spend my coins, IMO. That's all I look at.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
carlosiness

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 08:23:25 PM

everybody who wants to earn some money from them

MY ACCOUNT WAS HACKED, BUT THIS ASSHOLE DIDN'T CHANGE THE PASSWORD. I DON'T USED THIS FORUM FOR AGES. YOU COULD SEE IT FROM MY ACTIVITY. I USED THIS FORUM FOR FUN AND TO GET SOME BTC FROM SIGNATURES.. NOW I SEE TERRIBLE POSTS AND CRIMINAL OFFENSE FROM MY ACCOUNT. I FEEL VERY SORRY FOR ALL WHO HARMED FROM THIS LAYER ASSHOLE.. I exported my outbox when he was doing dirty jobs.. OUTBOX HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2015, 08:31:22 PM

i am.  i am willing to bet it will be $666 by the mid-point next year

Yes!  BTC price will be $666 on June 6th at 6PM.  Now that would be some devil shit!

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
yui

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:24:36 PM

Wouldn't USD 66.60 be even more Devil, since it means people pushed price down for own profit?
PenguinFire

Activity: 154

That Darn Cat

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:28:36 PM

True, we should innovate and get more users to use BTC but it is also about it being an investment.  It has to be viewed as an investment when it is unstable compared to the USD and the Euro.

mlferro

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 10:38:39 PM

Wouldn't USD 66.60 be even more Devil, since it means people pushed price down for own profit?
I hope that this does not happen!

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:10:10 PM

We should focus on bitcoin services and innovating technologies around bitcoin! Those who are interest for the price only and they only care for easy money are not welcome!

those who focus on bitcoin price and those who focus on services are in symbiotic life, one cant exist without the other.
without profits there would be no development, and without development there would be no money in either.
one could say that bitcoin now needs more development and clear laws than it needs higher price, so if thats what u were trying to say, i fully agree with you.

cheers
HarmonLi

Activity: 350

Honest 80s business!

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:35:21 PM

I care. Well for one, it is important for people how much their investment or holdings are worth - whoever denies that most probably just wants to sound enlightened, but that's not how humans work, and it's also an important factor for people getting to know Bitcoin. Every bubble has also brought a huge wave of people adopting Bitcoin, and this is important still!

cozk

Activity: 812

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 11:53:59 PM

Everybody cares about the price.
marclewis

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:52:12 AM

For me it matters, I always want to know Bitcoin price in the coming days.
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:56:54 AM

Spoken like a man who doesn't have many bitcoins to his name.

Anyone holding a substantial amount cares about the price.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
noma

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:01:35 AM

Well if you have a precious space rock that costs 500 $ a gram . It can be used to make the most solid walls and has magical powers. Next day you get information that 100 Miles square mile mine has been found, which is more than the amount of Silver on the planet. Now will you sell that rock before the price crashes or will you keep it for the innovative uses it has ?
Now imagine someone holding 1000's of those rocks. What would he do ?

▓▓▓▓    New Real-time Cryptocurrency Exchange             → CREATE  ACCOUNT ▓▓▓▓
▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅  BIT-X.com  ▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅
▓▓▓▓    Supported Currencies: BTC, LTC, USD, EUR, GBP → OFFICIAL THREAD ▓▓▓▓
saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:14:50 AM

if you bought euros and then went abroad to spend them and found they'd suddenly lost half their value would you be telling your friends "everything is fine euros still work because you can still spend them" ?

price matters because for those who aren't millionaire early adopters who got their coins practically for free, if we bought $1,000 worth of btc, we expect at the very least to still have that same $1,000 worth of purchasing power a few months down the line and if this doesn't hold true, there is little incentive for anyone to buy and hold btc

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Dorrittulx

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:19:06 AM

Well I do care, because I own bitcoins.

Bitcoins shouldn't just be a concept, it should be practical.
RCHumphrey

Activity: 470

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:25:57 AM

I care. Well for one, it is important for people how much their investment or holdings are worth - whoever denies that most probably just wants to sound enlightened, but that's not how humans work, and it's also an important factor for people getting to know Bitcoin. Every bubble has also brought a huge wave of people adopting Bitcoin, and this is important still!
This comment perfectly sums it up.

The price volatility is a huge attraction for many people and although I'd prefer much more stability, its about what is best for the community. When prices stagnate as they have recently there is a lot less appeal for investors and big money backers.
croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:29:18 AM

I bet everyone who hold bitcoin and use it care about price. This low price now looks manipulated by exchanges, whales and sure some early addopters who have lot of coins but price is undervaluated now and soon there will be up trend again.
doc12
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1042

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:31:10 AM

Everybody cares about the price, because bitcoin is a mean of payment. Without value it wouldnt make any sense.

And the ones who dont care, already cashed out big and dont have to care about the price ....
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:38:32 AM

We are not in this for fun only , though it is fun and good education but the real reason has been always money
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: