Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 07:21:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you buy BTC just to use it?  (Read 3152 times)
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:39:44 AM

I am buying and using, just allways trying to buy more then I spend. Using mostly on internet and in one coffe shop cause there is only few places in Croatia where you can pay with Bitcoin.
koelen3
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1007

Sooner or later, a man who wears two faces forgets

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:40:08 AM

It really depends , when bitcoin takes a dip , i buy it and store in cod storage , when i need it , i cash it and if i get low and need bitcoin i buy and use it !
Hamuki
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:41:34 AM

I get BTC by doing small services and then I keep it and invest in altcoins and use it to pay others here on the forums and on online stores that accept it.

I have never used it IRL.... YET.

There is no any places where I live that accepts it.

But I would be ready if I had the money to start advertising BTC and make people use it Tongue

micky123
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:47:37 AM

I guess if faced with your situation, i can only buy low and hope for BTC to rise before i buy something with it. Again, i need to hope for BTC to rise that extra 6% which you will eventually spend on LB to buy the Bitcoins in the first place. Once you get to that figure then you can safely buy stuff with bitcoin, not worrying about the extra you have paid. Not the ideal way to do it, but then if you don't want to lose then this is the only option that i can see, unfortunately! Sad

Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:50:36 AM

I guess if faced with your situation, i can only buy low and hope for BTC to rise before i buy something with it. Again, i need to hope for BTC to rise that extra 6% which you will eventually spend on LB to buy the Bitcoins in the first place. Once you get to that figure then you can safely buy stuff with bitcoin, not worrying about the extra you have paid. Not the ideal way to do it, but then if you don't want to lose then this is the only option that i can see, unfortunately! Sad

Or you just need a lot of buy support that will keep the coin in a range of 2% fluctuation a day.

So 100$-102$ so people wont lose money.

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 09:52:31 AM

I stoppped using my BTC since I joined Bitcointalk forums to be honest , now I only give loans but get my money back eventually .
I prefer holding and hoping that the price will rise eventually (couple of years or something)

~ Madness

Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:55:33 AM

I stoppped using my BTC since I joined Bitcointalk forums to be honest , now I only give loans but get my money back eventually .
I prefer holding and hoping that the price will rise eventually (couple of years or something)

~ Madness

You never use it when buying something online or something like that?

Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 09:57:24 AM

~ Madness

Nop , never .
Well I was but I stopped when I joined bitcointalk as I said above . Most of the time I use my credit card or Paypal for online Purchases , beside all Bitcoins are full profit . I never bought them or anything only getting them from Selling digital goods , offering services or sig compaigns around here .

~ Madness

zetaray

Activity: 658

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:00:26 AM

I buy bitcoin frequently, never used it to pay for anything. I would like to buy something nice with bitcoin but I can't. I don't live in the US.

.CryptoTotal.com.
                              l█████████▇▀
                              ████████▇▀
                              ███████▇▀
                              ██████▇▀
                              █████▇▀
                              ████▇▀
                              ███▇▀
                              ██▇▀
                              █▇▀
                              ▇▀
▇▇
▇▇

Express.Crypto.Checkout
Accepts Multiple Cryptos
Worldwide Shipping
Hamuki
Legendary

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:02:45 AM

~ Madness

Nop , never .
Well I was but I stopped when I joined bitcointalk as I said above . Most of the time I use my credit card or Paypal for online Purchases , beside all Bitcoins are full profit . I never bought them or anything only getting them from Selling digital goods , offering services or sig compaigns around here .

~ Madness

Hmm... I only use my fiat for things IRL.

I do almost everything else online with BTC since its my "funny money"

So BTC is just a hobby for me.. That I profit a little from Tongue

gkv9
Legendary

Activity: 1246

!!! RiSe aBovE ThE StoRm !!!

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:37:52 AM

I don't think that BTC is made just to be used as in most cases, we can either store them in some places giving some interests just like our bank gives us, or else even trade 'em in order to increase 'em...

skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:12:50 AM

Personally I keep a certain amount, as a "just in case" option, and then I buy some when I want to spend it, because, as others pointed out, it's only by actually using it as a currency that it becomes a currency.

By the way OP mentioned that he's a brit without an easy to use exchange.

Check tese guys out.  Not a referral link unfortunately.

https://coinfloor.co.uk/

Allurestorm

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:37:11 AM

Bitcoins truly have the potential to change the way we do transactions and revolutionize our decades-old banking system but most people only look at their value in dollar. It's totally normal to want to profit from something but greed is actually hampering a wider adoption of bitcoins. People don't use them for fear they will lose an opportunity to profit from a possible price rise. Probably if BTC stays at current levels for a while we will get rid of some speculators and start focusing on the usefulness of BTC rather than their value
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 11:37:46 AM

Well, I do buy my coins and at the same time do some work to earn it. I keep most of it in cold wallet and leave some in my phone to buy certain things that I want like for example domain name or even at the local eatery that accepts bitcoin. When it comes to buying the coins, I don't mind paying about 10 - 15% extra as long as I know the sellers keep their promise to deliver.

uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:28:17 PM

For now I keep my BTC in cold storage, as the fiat price is way too low to use BTC otherwise. But I expect to change that pretty soon.

this space is intentionally left blank
ericpfdz

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:36:06 PM

If you want to get some Bitcoin, try working for it. If you have a valuable skill, you can work for people in exchange for Bitcoin. I do it, and it works great!

Also, a new exchange I was checking out called Gebbit is pretty cool. It is brand new, and hardly has any traders yet. Its worth taking a look at Gebbit.com . They have a sleek contemporary design that is perfect for people new to Bitcoin. The fees aren't that bad so you can buy Bitcoin and spend it pretty well.
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:42:30 PM

Many of us keep our coins in cold wallets and they do not get used at all.

Keeping coins in cold wallets is using Bitcoin.

No I think you are wrong, keep bitcoins in a cold wallet isn't using bitcoin. Spend them for purchase a lot of things every day, like you do with the FIAT money is "using" them. Sorry if I seem arrogant, but this is my personal opinion.
I buy silver and keep it in a box, is that not using silver?

Whit the word "use" I meant : use for buy things , like the lunch, a t-shirt, a coffee, etc.... I also have some old FIAT value , but it doesn't mean that I'm using them, I'm only  collect them.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:44:53 PM

Right now, there is no much places where I can use BTC.
So, when I earn some bitcoin, I cash out it through paypal directly to my bank account.
It will be great if I could use my bitcoin funds for buying different digital products or services in my country, but still this is not the case.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
evansearle42

Activity: 366

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:27:10 PM

Many of us keep our coins in cold wallets and they do not get used at all.

Keeping coins in cold wallets is using Bitcoin.
That is really not good for the long term success of bitcoin. If you do not spend any of your bitcoin then there will be no bitcoin commerce, and if there is no commerce then there would be no reason it would have value
Beymond

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:41:54 PM

Yes ! more likely , i buy it for using it , and just a small amount stay away which is used for trading
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: