Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sick of BTCGuild - Where? Help me point my miners!  (Read 2432 times)
pokeyjones (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 01:54:09 AM

Sup Folks!

BTCGuild luck is way down, so I've been riding it hoping it would spike back up. Made a mental note that another 12+ hours without a block and I'm done/looking at options.

Two S5's - 2.5TH/s

AntPool? I know everyone hates ghash/loves ghash or slush... what say ye!?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoglance

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:46:35 AM

Sup Folks!

BTCGuild luck is way down, so I've been riding it hoping it would spike back up. Made a mental note that another 12+ hours without a block and I'm done/looking at options.

Two S5's - 2.5TH/s

cryptoGlance devs are 100% pro CkPool! http://kano.is

Newar
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

https://gliph.me/hUF

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:05:34 AM

Seems you can't take the variance. Look at the first table in this post and go with any above BTCGuild, if you can.

Alternatively you could split your hash power on pools.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78031.0

OTC rating | GPG keyid 1DC91318EE785FDE | Gliph: lightning bicycle tree music | Mycelium, a swift & secure Bitcoin client for Android | LocalBitcoins
PonZ

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 05:09:29 AM

westhash all the way.
1) great graphics
2) great pay out
3) added efficiency (extranonce)

pokeyjones (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:16:27 AM

Seems you can't take the variance. Look at the first table in this post and go with any above BTCGuild, if you can.

Alternatively you could split your hash power on pools.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=78031.0

Average it out, I like.

Leads me to a real rookie question... but I'll ask it. Is there any difference in 1TH/s by one worker, or 1TH/s by 4 workers? Again, I imagine the difficulty averages it out.

Think I'll split between two pools. Just sick of btcguild. Antpool and gonna check out other suggestions.... keep 'em coming.

Thanks!
pokeyjones (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 05:19:46 AM

westhash all the way.
1) great graphics
2) great pay out

I go check out westhash... thanks as they do have a recommended pools tab.

https://www.westhash.com/?p=pools

der
BlInK311

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:23:58 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I am getting tired of these super long times between blocks/ low #s of blocks per day.  I was thinking about trying out a local p2pool.  Haven't made up my mind yet.
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 04:35:59 PM

I'm in the same boat.  I am getting tired of these super long times between blocks/ low #s of blocks per day.  I was thinking about trying out a local p2pool.  Haven't made up my mind yet.
If you don't like variance, p2pool is most certainly not for you.

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:41:15 PM

Sup Folks!

Two S5's - 2.5TH/s

slush is definitely not for you if you are not happy with btcguild.
For me slush's time is well past its prime. Ghash is being accused of withholding blocks from its users currently.
They have a lot of hashing power but seem to be having really bad luck as of late.
I'm in the same boat as you though right now. I'm going to stick with btcguild for a little more, try and hit my autopayout
goal and than I'm out unless the variance gets better.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 05:56:52 PM

Sup Folks!

Two S5's - 2.5TH/s

The luck factor makes it more interesting, otherwise it's an exercise in drudgery

why don't you try bitminter or eclipseMC?  You may get lucky
IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:12:29 PM

Better get used to it, it is how it is I'm afraid.

There has been a false rumour of home mining being profitable for many months now, when in reality the ROI train left the station over 10 months ago & the profit boat sailed into the sunset around the same time. We now have a situation where most of the large (Chinese) pools are so badly coded that they splurge out more stale blocks than good ones while the other large-ish pools are skimming the tops off miners earnings in various different & devious ways, be it block withholding or waiting for diff increases before paying out (Yes, you know who you are & you should be BANned) or some other unethical, greedy behaviour. The saying "biggest isn't best" is especially true in Bitcoinland.

The few established & trustworthy pools who are left are having to pay the price, as are their miners. To cap it all off, the only truly decentralised & trust-less pool has been left undeveloped since the GPU mining days - what was supposed to be the last defence against centralization is now languishing in despair at the bottom of the pool table.

Only a year or so ago, every mining thread was full of how Bitcoin could replace the corrupt monetary system, giving the power of finance back to the people & away from a small group of "chosen ones". Now all I see in threads are so called "guides" giving paid for & misleading advice, with miners more concerned about how much of that terrible fiat currency (that spawned the birth of Bitcoin in the first place) they can get for their Bitcoins from even more corrupt & manipulative exchanges - greed & profit have taken over the original idea of Bitcoin, and it's only gonna get worse.

Some of us still believe in Bitcoin though, me included. The community just has to wise up a little & look at the bigger picture, instead of the short term quick (non) profit making chances that are no longer there. They gone.

Then skin up a blanger  Cool

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
aurel57
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 06:44:30 PM

There has been a false rumour of home mining being profitable for many months now, when in reality the ROI train left the station over 10 months ago & the profit boat sailed into the sunset around the same time. We now have a situation where most of the large (Chinese) pools are so badly coded that they splurge out more stale blocks than good ones while the other large-ish pools are skimming the tops off miners earnings in various different & devious ways, be it block withholding or waiting for diff increases before paying out (Yes, you know who you are & you should be BANned) or some other unethical, greedy behaviour. The saying "biggest isn't best" is especially true in Bitcoinland.

The few established & trustworthy pools who are left are having to pay the price, as are their miners. To cap it all off, the only truly decentralised & trust-less pool has been left undeveloped since the GPU mining days - what was supposed to be the last defence against centralization is now languishing in despair at the bottom of the pool table.

Only a year or so ago, every mining thread was full of how Bitcoin could replace the corrupt monetary system, giving the power of finance back to the people & away from a small group of "chosen ones". Now all I see in threads are so called "guides" giving paid for & misleading advice, with miners more concerned about how much of that terrible fiat currency (that spawned the birth of Bitcoin in the first place) they can get for their Bitcoins from even more corrupt & manipulative exchanges - greed & profit have taken over the original idea of Bitcoin, and it's only gonna get worse.

Some of us still believe in Bitcoin though, me included. The community just has to wise up a little & look at the bigger picture, instead of the short term quick (non) profit making chances that are no longer there. They gone.

Well said.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 07:29:10 PM

I tend to agree with all the points you've made.  So what's the solution?  I keep saying that I think when the block reward halves again that we'll see a decrease in the network hashing power as large farms are turned off since they won't be able to maintain the same profit margins as today, hopefully opening the door back up for the "home miners".

None of this will change the greed factor, though.  I find it ironic that to purchase BTC today I had to go to a bank, seems like that's what we're trying to avoid, but for now we're in a state of transition between monetary systems and we're going to have speed bumps along the way.
os2sam
Legendary

Activity: 3578
Merit: 1090

Think for yourself

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 09:27:18 PM

I keep saying that I think when the block reward halves again that we'll see a decrease in the network hashing power as large farms are turned off since they won't be able to maintain the same profit margins as today, hopefully opening the door back up for the "home miners".

Hmm.  Sounds vaguely familiar.  Hope you don't mind if I don't hold my breath Smiley

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.
Q: What is the most annoying thing on usenet and in e-mail?
pokeyjones (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 10:52:58 PM

I keep saying that I think when the block reward halves again that we'll see a decrease in the network hashing power as large farms are turned off since they won't be able to maintain the same profit margins as today, hopefully opening the door back up for the "home miners".

Hmm.  Sounds vaguely familiar.  Hope you don't mind if I don't hold my breath Smiley

PLEASE... I'm not saying anything bad should happen, but isn't this why we have agencies and special forces and such? Maybe some tax dollars could be used to make those damn commie bitcoin factories... less... hash-worthy? Could be a job for the A-Team - if anyone can find them (they'll find us if they want the job).

I have my upcoming hack to make home mining profitable. It is gonna be totally sweet!

Back to pools... I can't believe Antpool uses batch process! Really? That and an apparent inability to see blocks solved / payments / just waste time staring at miners stink. So... Antpool you get one, BTCGuild you get the other. I do feel like ghash in particular is up to tomfoolery and possibly even hijinks. Every just get that feeling? And the pool ops see their loot shrinking the temptation to skim must grow.

Bah... who knows. I am keeping track and will see which pool is performing best over 12/24 hour periods.

(we could build a mining convent / homestead with a waterfall and watermill to power our 2x USB stick mining farm)
IYFTech

Activity: 686

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:06:50 PM

So... Antpool you get one....

Right. So after explaining the problems with large, badly coded centralized pools with virtually zero support - you choose probably the worst one of all to mine at.

All is lost  Roll Eyes

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
navigator

Activity: 362

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 11:13:11 PM

More than half of the total bitcoins there will ever be were not mined by large farms. I don't mind letting the large farms compete over the other half while securing the network. As long as there are many of them then bitcoin will stay decentralized. Home mining will die very very slowly and may never completely die.

To get back on topic, I am a long time btcguild user that tries out other pools from time to time. I may give antpool a shot and see how stable they are. For instance, my S2 has been connected to btcguild for over 50days now without hitting a failover pool once. Other pools are usually not that stable. I'm already not liking antpool because I logged in using my bitmain account. After entering my btc address it sent a confirmation email with that address in a link. So now that btc address is linked to my email. Btcguild doesn't require any of that and I feel gives me more privacy.
pokeyjones (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 12:25:07 AM

So... Antpool you get one....

Right. So after explaining the problems with large, badly coded centralized pools with virtually zero support - you choose probably the worst one of all to mine at.

All is lost  Roll Eyes

Wait, didn't I choose the worst two? Which are the worst two, because the point of the thread was identifying those so I could mine there!

I've decided Antpool eats a dick. I still can't get over batch process. And as stated, I don't want to login to Bitmain to mine.

BTCGuild, you old whore, I'm coming home again until your next 12 hour abyss drives me to insanity, again.

Rum152

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 01:12:30 AM

westhash all the way.
1) great graphics
2) great pay out

I go check out westhash... thanks as they do have a recommended pools tab.

https://www.westhash.com/?p=pools

der

This list is for buyers. If you are miner like me, all you have to do is point your miner towards NiceHash or WestHash stratum and enjoy great profits. You get paid for each submitted share - this update on your own personal stat page every minute, their stats show that in past 30 days NiceHash/WestHash has been paying 1.5% above regular bitcoin mining profit. And their fees are 2% which is very low for PPS pool.

They can give you this good deal, because they resell your hashing power to other people (who buy it). If you only care about maximizing profit like me with no bullshit scam pools that makes some promises of good profits but eventually turn out as a scam or have irregular payments, then NiceHash/WestHash is the only way to go.

lowbander80
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 07:12:49 PM

Try Nicehash or Westhash 4 payouts daily no waiting.
I left from Ghash 3 weeks ago and am happy there...at least you get the expected I dont believe in extreeme luck

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: