Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 07:13:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: You're bidding on being my referrer  (Read 3239 times)
j5d (OP)

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 02:58:56 AM

Description: I don't click on referral links. I don't like the idea of me making money for someone I've never met. If you want me as a referral, buy me. Simple, right?

There are a ton of Cryptocurrency services out there that either give for free, give as winnings, or give as payment for completing some task. They draw you in with promises of referral bonuses, then you spam your list of contacts and not contacts and buy banners that flash and sparkle and slow down browsers and post your links in random chats and NOBODY LIKES IT.

also, what happens when your referral does nothing?YOU GET NOTHING.

All those faucet sites. All those gaming sites. All those banner ads that I COMPLETELY IGNORE. Or better yet, browse to the site being advertised and join without being someone's referral! Roll Eyes

Yes. I do that. Because I'm interested in seeing what those services have to offer. I actively participate in that service, seeing if its something worth my time or not, if its something worth telling other people about or not.

For those of you who do that whole down-line building thing, the above text in red should have jumped out at you.

Here's how I'm going to play it. I list a service I either have discovered on my own, or was suggested to me. I may list a few as a package deal. I decide if I'm willing to be auctioned off as someone's referral for that service(s). The bidding starts.

Starting bid:

- For any site whose my "referralship" earns you 10% of my income (What I am gifted, what I earn, what I win, etc.)>>> 100,000 Satoshi 
- For any site whose my "referralship" earns you 20% of my income (What I am gifted, what I earn, what I win, etc.)>>> 500,000 Satoshi
- For any site whose my "referralship" earns you 30% of my income (What I am gifted, what I earn, what I win, etc.)>>> 1,000,000 Satoshi
- For any site whose my "referralship" earns you 40% of my income (What I am gifted, what I earn, what I win, etc.)>>> 5,000,000 Satoshi
- For any site whose my "referralship" earns you 50% of my income (What I am gifted, what I earn, what I win, etc.)>>> 50,000,000 Satoshi
- For any site whose my "referralship" earns you 60% or more of my income (What I am gifted, what I earn, what I win, etc.)>>> Surprise me.

*If I have to make an investment of my own money in any way to become a part of whatever service you refer me to, you better sweeten the deal.
*If your activity with whatever service earns you more percentage from your referrals, I expect you to bid higher to reflect that. Your bids will still compete with others with respect to the ratio.

End date and time:

Every auction begins Wednesday at 10:00 PM EST and ends a week and a day later on Thursday at 10:00 PM EST. You have a whole 8 days to bid on my referralship.
The highest bidder at the end of auction will be announced on this thread and contacted via private message. We arrange payment details. Failure to pay / come to an agreement means the auction continues for 24 hours with the next highest bidder leading with their bid. 

How you bid:

All bidding is to be in the form of satoshis of BTC if the bid is under 1 BTC. If the bid is over 1 BTC, it is to be stated as such. For example: "1 BTC and 30,000 satoshis."
If you are bidding, you are posting your bid as a comment on this thread.

Payment methods accepted:

I accept payment in whatever cryptocurrency the service offers as earnings to the user. If there are multiple, the currency with the highest value in USD is chosen.

Additional information: In the spirit of cryptocurrency with accessible blockchains, you can see if I'm a worthy referral based on my activity. I'm not going to guarantee you get your money's worth because of 1: How much the price of cryptocurrency fluctuates. 2: How well or unwell the service you referred me to performs. 3: This isn't a contract. You're referring me. You hope you made a good choice in spending money to refer me. That being said, It behooves me to be worth your money if I expect anyone else to bid on any of my future auction for my "referralship". I'm sure questions will arise as new and upcoming cryptocurrency services offer new products. I won't auction off my referralship if I flat out do not understand what the service does. If a service doesn't conform to any of the bidding categories above, upon auction it will be treated as one of the above, or after terms are agreed upon through discussion on this thread.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
j5d (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:01:06 AM

Let's get this started.

First auction is for being my referrer to:

http://www.thebitcoinsheep.com

An hourly faucet with a 10% referral bonus.

Bidding starts at 100,000 satoshi.

Begin.
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 03:08:17 AM

This is beyond confusing.

I don't believe anyone can ever profit off this.

For example, you want 100,000 satoshi for 10% referral bonus for a site that you listed (which currently is down right now). 

You'll have to collect 1,000,000 satoshi for the winner of the auction just to reach ROI and that's not counting the unknown factors of trust and commitment.

j5d (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:14:02 AM

For example, you want 100,000 satoshi for 10% referral bonus for a site that you listed (which currently is down right now). 

You'll have to collect 1,000,000 satoshi for the winner of the auction just to reach ROI and that's not counting the unknown factors of trust and commitment.

Valid points. As it is the first auction it only seems reasonable that there would be questions.

IF you were to bid, what would be your offer? (This is not an official bid. It's a question).
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 03:53:14 AM

Valid points. As it is the first auction it only seems reasonable that there would be questions.

IF you were to bid, what would be your offer? (This is not an official bid. It's a question).
Iwouldn't personally offer anything, because in the future nobody knows how active you'll be on the faucet site, once a day, once a week?

j5d (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2015, 04:11:56 AM

Iwouldn't personally offer anything, because in the future nobody knows how active you'll be on the faucet site, once a day, once a week?

Right, and that makes perfect sense. So if this were ever to "work" for both the winning bidder and I, I would have to be an active referral, ideally one that provided an ROI. If I were ever to have a 2nd auction, the onus is on me proving I'm worth the winning bid of the first auction.

The problem is there's no guarantee. So it's based on trust.

100,000 satoshi, despite the fact that it is less than 25 cents right now, is too expensive for people to even take a chance?

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2015, 07:49:09 AM

100,000 satoshi, despite the fact that it is less than 25 cents right now, is too expensive for people to even take a chance?
When you can spend double that to get at least 10 on a not so popular site, yes.
OmegaCollector

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 11:25:31 PM

Would you be interested in doing it for a different account? like boxbit.co.in

http://www.satoshihunter.ca/ - the best faucet list!   http://coinengine.co/?ref=269  - The best alternative to cloud mining
j5d (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 11:47:03 PM

Would you be interested in doing it for a different account? like boxbit.co.in

Absolutely. Let's talk business. Private message me. If this auction isn't appealing to people then it just wont work, but if someone wants to reach out to me otherwise and make offers I am open to hear them.

BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:58:06 AM

I am sorry but why would anyone ever want to do this. Most faucets pay out tiny amounts, and anyone buying would be getting a small fraction of a tiny amount.

Plus you being a newbie means there is no guarantee that you will actually use the accounts you sign up with and no guarantee that you will not do something similar again in the future.
j5d (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:12:20 AM

I am sorry but why would anyone ever want to do this. Most faucets pay out tiny amounts, and anyone buying would be getting a small fraction of a tiny amount.

Plus you being a newbie means there is no guarantee that you will actually use the accounts you sign up with and no guarantee that you will not do something similar again in the future.

Right. So I'm asking too much. Especially for being a "newbie" as the little designation near my name says.

What would you offer for the risk of me actually being an active referral? And if it paid off, would you do it again?
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:13:59 AM

thanx for scam proposition

yolo
finlon

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:16:33 AM

How about something like an agreement that you get paid, after they get their referrals ? Will be atleast fair for both, and if you are legit, people would be happy to keep the contract running for subsequent months.

BitcoinFr34k

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:45:35 AM

Right. So I'm asking too much. Especially for being a "newbie" as the little designation near my name says.

What would you offer for the risk of me actually being an active referral? And if it paid off, would you do it again?
With you having zero to no trust it would probably make sense to bid in the .0005 btc area. But even that would probably be much more then what should be paid
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:49:14 AM

BID:

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
j5d (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:52:20 AM

How about something like an agreement that you get paid, after they get their referrals ? Will be atleast fair for both, and if you are legit, people would be happy to keep the contract running for subsequent months.

There's got to be some incentive on my end. If I were to sign up as someone's referral, put in the "work", and not get paid, I would have wasted however long I spent visiting the site/faucet/using the service.

Unless you mean I sign up as their referral, they see that I signed up, and then they pay me. Except that still relies on them actually paying me. They can easily decide not to. I don't perform, they get nothing from having referred me, and now I can't sign up as someone else's referral unless I go through the trouble of coming up with a new wallet/email.

Someone scammed you??

With you having zero to no trust it would probably make sense to bid in the .0005 btc area. But even that would probably be much more then what should be paid

So what should be paid?
ezeminer
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1118

Lie down. Have a cookie

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:05:19 AM

There's got to be some incentive on my end. If I were to sign up as someone's referral, put in the "work", and not get paid, I would have wasted however long I spent visiting the site/faucet/using the service.

Unless you mean I sign up as their referral, they see that I signed up, and then they pay me. Except that still relies on them actually paying me. They can easily decide not to. I don't perform, they get nothing from having referred me, and now I can't sign up as someone else's referral unless I go through the trouble of coming up with a new wallet/email.

Someone scammed you??

So what should be paid?

I'll just make a deal. My refer stuff for freebit (the link in my signature) will pay you 10% of the 50% that you win per roll(5% of your roll will come back to you).
say you win 1BTC, I get .5BTC(the 50% comission) and 10% comes to you (.05BTC)
The setting is set at "Share amount based on referral activity since last payout".
I can get the same deal on freedoge if you'd like.

j5d (OP)

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:47:57 AM

I'll just make a deal. My refer stuff for freebit (the link in my signature) will pay you 10% of the 50% that you win per roll(5% of your roll will come back to you).
say you win 1BTC, I get .5BTC(the 50% comission) and 10% comes to you (.05BTC)
The setting is set at "Share amount based on referral activity since last payout".
I can get the same deal on freedoge if you'd like.

I'll sleep on it. Meanwhile if anyone else out there feels they can do better than this, I'm all ears.

Won't be back on the board for around 15 hours.
OmegaCollector

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 08:11:48 PM

It's hard to think of a way to make this work. I've found that most faucets say they have a referral program, but most of them don't send money to your wallet. The only way would be tofind an account that has no other refs, and share what I earn from you with you. So if I earn 1000 sats because you clicked a faucet, I would give you a percentage of that. But you would need to be sure the faucet didn't erase the ref earnings when paying them. You'd have to do lots of experimenting to find one that works right.

http://www.satoshihunter.ca/ - the best faucet list!   http://coinengine.co/?ref=269  - The best alternative to cloud mining
picolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:25:53 PM

1,000,00 satoshis is a lot to make from faucets ! He will likely make an other account to have himself as a referrer.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: