Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:49:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinary - Proposing a good practice or rule  (Read 1497 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 07:20:39 PM

I've been using Bitcoinary for small transactions with success so far

I want to propose to people that use it, when they leave feedback to include the Date and amount in BTC of transaction

This can give much greater information toward the trustworthiness of the user

For example, it would make a big difference if they have traded 50BTC vs only 0.5BTC in the past successfully, and how recent they have traded

Currently the Bitcoinary system doesn't have this feature and feedback I've received is just basic puffer, smooth transaction or whatever, no details on how significant the transaction or the date

http://bitcoinary.com

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:26:50 PM

I want to propose to people that use it, when they leave feedback to include the Date and amount in BTC of transaction

For example, it would make a big difference if they have traded 50BTC vs only 0.5BTC in the past successfully, and how recent they have traded

Currently the Bitcoinary system doesn't have this feature and feedback I've received is just basic puffer, smooth transaction or whatever, no details on how significant the transaction or the date

It pisses me off that they want crazy permissions:

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
420 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 09:59:39 PM

It pisses me off that they want crazy permissions:

no, those are not required, just an email address

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:03:14 PM

Yes, bitcoinary is a great idea and implemented fairly well, however there is not a lot of activity on the site and there are a lot of bogus bids from people testing it out.  I'm not a big fan of all the social media integration, but when you take VC money that is required because YOU, and and all of your info and connections become the product.

420 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:06:04 PM

Yes, bitcoinary is a great idea and implemented fairly well, however there is not a lot of activity on the site and there are a lot of bogus bids from people testing it out.  I'm not a big fan of all the social media integration, but when you take VC money that is required because YOU, and and all of your info and connections become the product.

What do you mean by bogus? How is testing the water bogus.

BTW Maria just listed a trade 10,000 BTC for 95,000 USD Cash Deposit

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:12:12 PM
Last edit: July 31, 2012, 10:24:08 PM by BCB

Yes, bitcoinary is a great idea and implemented fairly well, however there is not a lot of activity on the site and there are a lot of bogus bids from people testing it out.  I'm not a big fan of all the social media integration, but when you take VC money that is required because YOU, and and all of your info and connections become the product.

Good point. I guess by bogus I mean that the bids were of no interest to me like .001 BTC for PPUSD or 100000 BTC for ________.  Such that I actually no longer check the trade book.  Maybe others are looking to trade 0.001.  

There is much more regular and serious trading activity here and on btc-otc.
420 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:29:05 PM

Yes, bitcoinary is a great idea and implemented fairly well, however there is not a lot of activity on the site and there are a lot of bogus bids from people testing it out.  I'm not a big fan of all the social media integration, but when you take VC money that is required because YOU, and and all of your info and connections become the product.

Good point. I guess by bogus I mean that the bids were of no interest to me like .001 BTC for PPUSD or 100000 BTC for ________.  Such that I actually no longer check the trade book.  Maybe others are looking to trade 0.001.  

There is much more regular and serious trading activity here and on btc-otc.

Oh those are the minority, since the great volatility/rise I've seen those. a week ago it was general, 5BTC, 10BTC, maybe 2-3 BTC for new users that are just testing bitcoins for first time

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:33:16 PM

Generally the social media doesn't bother me... but to want to post tweets as me?  eh, no thanks.  It was supposed to be for identity verification.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:38:54 PM

Generally the social media doesn't bother me... but to want to post tweets as me?  eh, no thanks.  It was supposed to be for identity verification.

I think that "post as you" permission is so the bitcoinary API can post "EreBusBat just traded on Biconary!" to the Bitcoinary twitter stream.    I use to follow Dwolla on twitter but the only thing in there stream (besides complaints of Support not getting back to people) were their incessant "Paid with Dwolla! tweets every time the dwolla staff bought a cup of coffee or ate a burrito.

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:47:24 PM

Generally the social media doesn't bother me... but to want to post tweets as me?  eh, no thanks.  It was supposed to be for identity verification.

I think that "post as you" permission is so the bitcoinary API can post "EreBusBat just traded on Biconary!" to the Bitcoinary twitter stream.    I use to follow Dwolla on twitter but the only thing in there stream (besides complaints of Support not getting back to people) were their incessant "Paid with Dwolla! tweets every time the dwolla staff bought a cup of coffee or ate a burrito.

Exactly... I understand the option, but I should have the option to verify my social media without it barfing all over them.  I *dont want to* advertise to the world everytime I buy something.

For that reason alone I will not use them.  If I didn't have a family i would pull a ZT and compete with them.  The concept is not that hard.

420 (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:52:48 PM

Exactly... I understand the option, but I should have the option to verify my social media without it barfing all over them.  I *dont want to* advertise to the world everytime I buy something.

For that reason alone I will not use them.  If I didn't have a family i would pull a ZT and compete with them.  The concept is not that hard.

Did someone say that they actually post these things?

I thought adding your accounts was just to verify you're an actual person and get security for people to trade with you as they have one of your social media accounts

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 10:54:03 PM

Don't worry.  No one will know about SR.

http://twitter.com/bitcoinary
dogisland

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:00:49 AM

I thought adding your accounts was just to verify you're an actual person and get security for people to trade with you as they have one of your social media accounts

Hi, founder of bitcoinary here.

I didn't realise we were requesting so many permissions from twitter, I'll see if I can request less permissions via the API.

To confirm, we do not broadcast to your social network.

However I did consider having a checkbox when you created a trade something like "Post this trade to your twitter". Some people might like to use that.

I don't have VC money.
dogisland

Activity: 262
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:21:29 AM

I've added more detail to each review. You can see the trade description along with a link to the actual trade and how long ago the trade was completed.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 12:38:57 PM

Hi, founder of bitcoinary here.

I didn't realise we were requesting so many permissions from twitter, I'll see if I can request less permissions via the API.

To confirm, we do not broadcast to your social network.

However I did consider having a checkbox when you created a trade something like "Post this trade to your twitter". Some people might like to use that.

I don't have VC money.
I am glad to hear you will fix this, I think that this site has real potential moving forward. 

While I have your attention: given any thought to opening it up to more than bitcoind and being more like the OTC book?  i.e.: I want to sell DVDs for x BTC?

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:10:45 PM

dogisland

Thanks for responding.  Nice site by the way.  Very nicely done.  You've definitely identified a need. Maybe with some of these tweaks you'd have  broader appeal.  I think I've had one successful trade there.  I'd definitely go back and check it out after some updates. 

One thing I did notice was that my Nic on bitcoinary id different than my nic here.  And that was confusing to some I talked to.  Guys were trying to do deal on both sites and didn't know I was the same guy.  Maybe there is a way to include "VERIFIED" Bitcoin Talk and BTC-OTC nics into the platform.

Just a thought.
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:56:30 PM

dogisland

Thanks for responding.  Nice site by the way.  Very nicely done.  You've definitely identified a need. Maybe with some of these tweaks you'd have  broader appeal.  I think I've had one successful trade there.  I'd definitely go back and check it out after some updates. 

One thing I did notice was that my Nic on bitcoinary id different than my nic here.  And that was confusing to some I talked to.  Guys were trying to do deal on both sites and didn't know I was the same guy.  Maybe there is a way to include "VERIFIED" Bitcoin Talk and BTC-OTC nics into the platform.

Just a thought.
I agree with this 100% and was thinking the same thing.

My thoughts:
Signing a random SHA output of something with your -OTC GPG key should suffice for that part.

For the forum you could either do a PM, which would be manual, or have them paste in that sha256 output again into their signature then paste in their profile URL, that could be scraped for the value and volia!

vellen

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 08:41:48 PM

In trades #4640 and #4651 i sold some bitcoins for total amount of €186.70 EUR. I released the escrow to the buyer, he rated me 5/5. But after about a week he started and WON an unathorised transaction dispute on paypal. Now I see it as negative balance in PayPal.

I have ASKED for help via the HELP & SUPPORT section OF BITCOINARY.COM, marked the case as URGENT, but received NO (0) ANSWER for MORE THAN A WEEK.

* Members, PLEASE help me and advice me what to do.
* Ian, do something (not only "save/eat" your escrow fee)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: