Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 08:56:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else who care less about bitcoin now than before?  (Read 3341 times)
uki
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:31:32 PM

What makes you think $350 range is normal price? Even at low 200s there is barely any buying pressure, in mid to long term current $250 is absolutely unsustainable, there's still a long way down.
What do you mean by 'any buying pressure at low 200s'? So far, the buying pressure was big enough, to add another $40-50 to the price.

this space is intentionally left blank
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 03:59:23 PM

What makes you think $350 range is normal price? Even at low 200s there is barely any buying pressure, in mid to long term current $250 is absolutely unsustainable, there's still a long way down.
What do you mean by 'any buying pressure at low 200s'? So far, the buying pressure was big enough, to add another $40-50 to the price.

There are plenty of buyers but not enough to rise more than 250$ right now but I bet we will see 400$ easily when the Dollar stops appreciating against all other currencies and we see big financial troubles in the west.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 04:58:35 PM

So I started with bitcoin a couple of months ago. In the beginning, I would watch charts and do all the things that someone else would do if they were new to bitcoin. But since 1 month, I have stopped checking the charts and reading threads here and news about bitcoins. I simply care less now than before.

I think it's the depressing price that made me care less now because it's not as fun as before. When bitcoin hit around $420 one day, I thought about buying more, since then it's just gone down and down and a bit up and down etc.

Is there anyone else like me? I think I will start to watch charts once the price goes up to what I would refer to as "normal prices - the $350/btc range". In the end, I just hope it will rise to $1000/btc and more, but that seems to be a dream more than reality.

What are you even babbling about? Buying pressure pushed the price up to $254 right now.
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
February 27, 2015, 05:01:55 PM

I care less now then when I entered, because it was just before the Silk Road crash and start of the November 2013 bubble. Those were interesting times. I guess it's not "not caring", just not wanting to check the price first think in the morning.
tabnloz
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:31:30 AM

It's the opposite for me.  I care less about the price and charts, and more about the onslaught of positive news that's hit in just the first 2 months of the year!
*random stuff*

If that doesn't give you an e-Boner, then I don't know what to tell you.

Fuck the price.  Let the day traders worry about that.  Buy and HODL is the only strategy you should even think of.
Let me understand why all that stuff should give me a "e-boner".

You posted:

-a pic of a morgan's spurlock small documentary where they only show that using bitcoin is more a pain in the ass than anything. Did you watch the episode? At one point morgan is forced to buy *10* cups of coffee instead of just one because the owner of the shop doesn't want to get screwed with bitcoin's volatility! LOL!
-A pic of the winklevoss talking about their ETF which is taking forever to come out and we don't even know if it will ever come out (and why the hell should it help the price? the second market trust fund did nothing to the price, it's just another clusterfuck).
-VC funding on coinbase which is not a guarantee of anything and definitely not of bitcoin's price because the exchange can be profitable even if BTC falls to double digits and stays there, and if demand doesn't pick up, THAT's exactly what's gonna happen, VC money or not.
-The Bank of England article that clearly states that "While existing private digital currencies have economic flaws which make them volatile, the distributed ledger technology that their payment systems rely on may have considerable promise.” <-- They're not talking about BTC itself or any other existing shitcoin.
-Merchants/sites/companies accepting bitcoin out of self promotion (it doesn't cost them anything to do so) while NOT accepting bitcoin (but USD through a bitcoin dump).

How is all that supposed to give you a "e-boner"?
Bitcoin had news and headlines like these all year (2014). They're smokescreen, nobody cares (as we have seen with the taking price)  Undecided

Less kool-aid, more critical thinking  Undecided

Except your response isnt exactly critical thinking, is it? Problem solving, rational thinking, analytic thinking; mostly your assumptions and perspective.

CNN doco - your assumptions 'small' 'pain in the ass'. Other viewers may have thought it was fantastic, or one big fraud. Or it may be their intro to digital currency.

Coinbase funding - your perspective. I think it is an overall positive and a strategic investment by some big players. It only bumped the price very short term, the investment was the real news. Traders gonna trade it, businesses gonna promote it.

Wink ETF - sure, you're being rational. Good. No one knows. But don't extrapolate 2nd Market to it. No one knows.

BoE- Please provide an alternative option for what the paper is speaking about. How many other private digital currencies are largely known for their distributed ledger technology? This point is ridiculous.

Merchants - agree many accept purely for the self promotion. And 99% do it for USD. Obviously to be expected. Not every business accepted CC's right away. A lot of business didnt have a web presence either. Some still only transact in cash. But it has to start somewhere; it's voluntary, not fully formed & dictated.

And great observation that there has been an inverse relationship between good news and the price. We're in a bear market, crippled by thefts, media narratives, uncertain regulation and a booming global stock market. Take your pick on how much influence, if any, these factors have.

You're also equate caring with price drops. That's stupid. People give a fck, its money. Shorters, longs, techie types, anarcho, drug buyers all give a hoot as they all have a position.

Less assumptions, more balance.

edit: grammar
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:38:50 AM

I care more about bitcoin now than when I was running 5970's for a loss on elec. costs.
uki
Legendary

cryptojunk bag holder

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 08:55:02 AM

There are plenty of buyers but not enough to rise more than 250$ right now but I bet we will see 400$ easily when the Dollar stops appreciating against all other currencies and we see big financial troubles in the west.
that is more like news that are played by FED, when they need to strengthen the dollar. If Bitcoin benefits from these games I am not fully convinced.

this space is intentionally left blank
Brooker

Activity: 274

View Profile
February 28, 2015, 10:39:30 AM

So I started with bitcoin a couple of months ago. In the beginning, I would watch charts and do all the things that someone else would do if they were new to bitcoin. But since 1 month, I have stopped checking the charts and reading threads here and news about bitcoins. I simply care less now than before.

I think it's the depressing price that made me care less now because it's not as fun as before. When bitcoin hit around $420 one day, I thought about buying more, since then it's just gone down and down and a bit up and down etc.

Is there anyone else like me? I think I will start to watch charts once the price goes up to what I would refer to as "normal prices - the $350/btc range". In the end, I just hope it will rise to $1000/btc and more, but that seems to be a dream more than reality.

I think I care less about the price but I still care about the advancement of the technology that is bitcoin. I agree it was far more exciting back when I first got into bitcoin but it was on a high and constantly rising at the time... then it collapsed. Now I just patiently wait whilst I hodl. Big things will come I think if we just have some patience.
goldsun (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2015, 11:55:46 PM

Some good replies for the thread. I am still checking the price from time to time. The day after I wrote started the thread, the price went up like $20 or something. That's good since the price were around the $220 range for a while. I just hope it rise even more and more.

I don't really know what would make bitcoin price rise to the $1k range again. Many people said earlier that when more merchants starts to accept it, the price will go up. Now we have seen more merchants than before, who accept bitcoin, but the price haven't rise, it took a downtrend. Now some other say that we need more users on bitcoin. I think that is a mix of both actually. But I still think of that, why would anyone really use bitcoin? Sometimes it's easier just with a card or even cash. I know that bitcoin have a function, and some merchants use it because less fees and that you can transfer almost what ever amount you want for like $0.002 or something, but still.

Some people also said the dollar would come to an end and therfore, people would move to bitcoin. I think that the dollar has a long time to live, remember that many people use it daily in many countries, and for some, the old money system is easier than bitcoin etc.
TrailingComet

Activity: 462

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:27:05 AM

I still care about it a lot but I spend a lot less time on the forum and trolling btc in general
That's healthy, right?

ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2015, 09:09:40 PM

I care more and more and more and more....each and everyday that it's still above $0.

It means the experiment lives one, and we get to see a full Release from this Beta stage we're still in.

Reminds me of the early to mid 90s when you couldn't get rid of of those free trial AOL or Compuserve or Prodigy CD's for trying the Internet, until one day...everyone was using some sort of service:

That's where we are right now...just trying to get people involved to at least "Try" it out.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
     ▄████▀▀           ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀▀   ▄▄████████▄▄   ▀▀███▄
  ████▀   ████▀██████████    ▀███▄
 ████   ▄███▀▄  ▀    ██████   ▀███▄
▄███   ████▄    ▄█▄  ▀██████    ███▄
████  ▄███▀     ▀█▀      ▀███▄  ████
████  ████▄▄█▄      ▄█▄   ████  ████
████  ▀████████▄   ███▀  ▄███▀  ████
▀███   █████████▄   ▀   ▀████   ███▀
 ████   ▀████████   ▄ ▀▄▄██    ████
  ████▄   ███████▄▄██▄▄███   ▄████
   ▀███▄▄   ▀▀████████▀▀   ▄▄███▀
     ▀████▄▄            ▄▄████▀
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:15:26 PM

Price movement rapidly becomes dull. The developments in the ecosystem are so fast and numerous that I can still lose a few hours keeping up with things a few times a week. Nothing of this nature has been attempted before. My fascination with where it'll end up increases every day.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 09:15:40 PM

AOL was the alt-coin internet. Yuk. Cheesy

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
okthen

Activity: 490

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:08:31 PM

AOL was the alt-coin internet. Yuk. Cheesy

Oh no! Horrible Tongue The graphics... wow, what a decade.
AOL was the litecoin internet, slowly came to being completely forgotten Tongue
BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:43:31 PM

Maybe you cared more at first because it was a new thing to you?  Also perhaps you've realized its either going to the moon or the ground.  You could make a bit of money trading in between but why bother causing yourself the stress, far better ways live.
ChuckBuck

Activity: 1372
Merit: 783

better everyday ♥

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2015, 03:49:01 PM

Maybe you cared more at first because it was a new thing to you?  Also perhaps you've realized its either going to the moon or the ground.  You could make a bit of money trading in between but why bother causing yourself the stress, far better ways live.

Everyone cares alot more when something's worth $1200:

It's called greed.  Happens to be the best of us, myself included.

CharityAuction
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
          ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄   
       ▄▄███████▀▀▀▀███████▄
       ▀▀███████▄▄▄▄███████▀▀
           ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
ColdScam
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 06:44:13 PM

It's the opposite for me.  I care less about the price and charts, and more about the onslaught of positive news that's hit in just the first 2 months of the year!

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/bitcoin-wins-2015-world-economic-forum-davos/

http://blogs.wsj.com/moneybeat/2015/02/24/bitbeat-for-bitcoin-some-good-press-finally/

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/currency/11434904/Bitcoin-revolution-could-be-the-next-internet-says-Bank-of-England.html

If that doesn't give you an e-Boner, then I don't know what to tell you.

Fuck the price.  Let the day traders worry about that.  Buy and HODL is the only strategy you should even think of.

Im the same. Back in the day i used to obsess over bitcoinwisdom.com. Now i just read interesting news and stuff about Bitcoin and Know it will be a global success, so no need to obsess over price.
goldsun (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:07:46 PM

The thread is bombed with pictures / memes or what you want to call it lol.

I try to watch the charts more nowadays, but it seems hopeless. Everyone talks about a prince increase but say something like will the exchange make a new dump and pump and so on. Not sure what to trust anymore in the bitcoin world.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:24:53 PM

The thread is bombed with pictures / memes or what you want to call it lol.

I try to watch the charts more nowadays, but it seems hopeless. Everyone talks about a prince increase but say something like will the exchange make a new dump and pump and so on. Not sure what to trust anymore in the bitcoin world.

It's still the plaything of speculators. The positive developments taking place should hopefully translate into greater real demand eventually.
Omikifuse
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1009

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:55:46 PM

Everyone cares alot more when something's worth $1200:

It's called greed.  Happens to be the best of us, myself included.

funny you saying it using a Gox charts

(Gox coins are worth 0 right now)
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: