Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 09:40:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama to ban bullets by executive action, threatens top-selling AR-15 rifle  (Read 3502 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 07:27:13 PM

I thought this was going nowhere. If using executive action to thwart the desires of a few over the many it could be called leadership. But when using it to advance the desires of a few it's best called tyranny.
In America guns are to the left what abortion is to the right. Something that was settled long ago by the public but is still argued by a tiny minority who just can't let it go.

That is why all famous anti gun leftists have bodyguards to carry the guns they hate, for them...

Smiley

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:25:31 PM

I thought this was going nowhere. If using executive action to thwart the desires of a few over the many it could be called leadership. But when using it to advance the desires of a few it's best called tyranny.
In America guns are to the left what abortion is to the right. Something that was settled long ago by the public but is still argued by a tiny minority who just can't let it go.

That is why all famous anti gun leftists have bodyguards to carry the guns they hate, for them...

Smiley

True that. And why anti abortion right wingers have a "private" family doctor.  I guess people just love making rules for other people to live by while justifying an exception for themselves.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 12, 2015, 08:37:21 PM

Smiley

True that. And why anti abortion right wingers have a "private" family doctor.  I guess people just love making rules for other people to live by while justifying an exception for themselves.

We are trying to redefine what Transparency and Accountability, two of the central pillars of good governance should be, kilobits by kilobits with the bitcoin paradigm shift. We'll get there, eventually.

Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:38:30 AM

House Democrats Filing Bill To Ban AR-15 Ammunition After ATF Shelved Proposed Ban Over Public Outcry…

Democrats are pressing new legislation in the House that would ban forms of armor-piercing ammunition.

Rep. Eliot Engel (D-N.Y.) is pushing the Armor Piercing Bullets Act followingthe Obama administration’s decision earlier this week to withdraw a controversial proposal that would restrict 5.56 mm projectiles for M855 cartridges commonly used in AR-15 rifles.

“Armor-piercing rounds like green tips should only be in the hands of military personnel or police officers, period,” Engel said. “There is absolutely no compelling argument to be made for anyone else to have access to them.”

“But the out-of-touch gun industry lobby is fighting tooth and nail to keep cop-killing ammunition on the streets. We need to speak up on behalf of our police officers and say ‘stop the madness, ’” he added.

Engel’s legislation, expected to be introduced Friday, would restrict the sale of the 5.56 mm projectiles, which can can penetrate police body armor.

“Deers do not wear body armor,” a spokesman for Engel joked. “No, I have never met a deer that walks around in Kevlar.”

Even as they pursue legislation, congressional Democrats are also pushing for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) to move ahead with restrictions on the armor-piercing bullets.

http://thehill.com/regulation/legislation/235531-dems-pushing-bullet-ban-legislation

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 07:18:00 AM

And of course the Republicans will vote or NV for it, and it will pass, because they are a bunch of fucking cunts who when it really counts, will rubber-stamp whatever the totalitarian sociopath in chief, regardless of party, wants.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 03:42:47 PM

And of course the Republicans will vote or NV for it, and it will pass, because they are a bunch of fucking cunts who when it really counts, will rubber-stamp whatever the totalitarian sociopath in chief, regardless of party, wants.

Are you fucking kidding? 

It won't even get out of committee.
TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2015, 04:20:08 PM

Are you fucking kidding?  

They haven't already rubberstamped his shit in general? All I keep reading is that GOP was elected to the majority and has abdicated responsibility.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:08:22 PM

Are you fucking kidding?  

They haven't already rubberstamped his shit in general? All I keep reading is that GOP was elected to the majority and has abdicated responsibility.
I have a vague recollection you were in Germany?  Correct me if I am wrong on that.  There is by no means a GOP/DEM split on gun control - that's one faction of the democrats ONLY.  There are many democrats who would be immediately voted out of office if that showed an anti-gun vote. 

This is in contrast to issues like "climate change" where the parties do seem to line up rank and file.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 13, 2015, 05:15:45 PM

Smiley

We’ve commented before on the raging gun control hypocrisy of actor Liam Neeson.

The Irishman has banked millions appearing in action films as a gun-toting vigilante slaughtering everyone in his way, but certainly doesn’t think much of your right to defend yourself against people who would do the same to you:

“There’s too many [expletive] guns out there,” he continued. “Especially in America. I think the population is like, 320 million? There’s over 300 million guns. Privately owned, in America. I think it’s a [expletive] disgrace. Every week now we’re picking up a newspaper and seeing, ‘Yet another few kids have been killed in schools.’”

A group of polticially-motivaed California artists have decided to taken on Neeson’s hypocrisy by putting up fake movie posters around Hollywood that mock his latest gun-toting movie, Run All Night.

http://bearingarms.com/anti-gun-action-star-liam-neeson-mocked-fake-poster-new-movie-premiers/

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 01:43:18 AM

Are you fucking kidding? 

I have a vague recollection you were in Germany?  Correct me if I am wrong on that.  There is by no means a GOP/DEM split on gun control - that's one faction of the democrats ONLY.  There are many democrats who would be immediately voted out of office if that showed an anti-gun vote. 

This is in contrast to issues like "climate change" where the parties do seem to line up rank and file.

No, the US. I am a single issue voter for self-defense (you only have rights if you're alive), so I don't pay that much attention to other issues, but what little I have heard is that the GOP, since winning a majority in the last election, has no longer opposed any type of bill in Congress that they have historically opposed.

Considering those recent developments, I have no reason to believe they won't do the same for guns, especially since they've also had decades to repeal "gun control"/victim disarmament laws, and have hardly done shit but let the AWB sunset and undo the National Parks gun ban.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2015, 02:28:00 AM

Are you fucking kidding? 

No, the US. I am a single issue voter for self-defense (you only have rights if you're alive), so I don't pay that much attention to other issues, but what little I have heard is that the GOP, since winning a majority in the last election, has no longer opposed any type of bill in Congress that they have historically opposed.

Considering those recent developments, I have no reason to believe they won't do the same for guns, especially since they've also had decades to repeal "gun control"/victim disarmament laws, and have hardly done shit but let the AWB sunset and undo the National Parks gun ban.
Legislation is introduced into committee, and the ranking majority member of a committee (Now, GOP in both houses) has the say on it.  This guy will get some headlines, but his bill will never get to the floor of the House or Senate.  Never. 

I realize that's a side issue from the generally dismal performance of the Repubs, which is largely due to Boerhner and which is opposed by the "Tea Party" congressmen, who seem to be the only ones that make any sense.

Boerhner is and has been a real problem.

Underneath these statements, there is another level of reality which is sort of like "these washington guys are hopeless..."

Progress has been made at the state level, look at the history of concealed carry.

RE the AR-15 ammo ban, the real problem is that they are lying and trying to shoehorn things into categories with those lies.  Some of us out here are fully aware about different levels of ballistic armor and the fact that cop bulletproof vests don't stop rifle bullets.

Here is what the standard "bullet proof vest" stops.

For body armor to have a rating of Type IIIA, the National Institute of Justice requires that vests stop the following bullets:

http://www.bulletproofvestshop.com/pages/The-Facts-about-Bulletproof-Vest-Type-IIIA-Rating.html

.22LR – A long rifle lead round nose bullet with a caliber of .22 impacting at a minimum velocity of 1050 feet per second, with a nominal mass of 40 gr.
    .380ACP – A full metal jacket round nose bullet with a caliber of .380 impacting at a minimum velocity of 1025 feet per second, with a nominal mass of 95 gr.
    9mm – Full metal jacketed round nose 9mm bullets, which impacts the vest at a minimum velocity of 1090 feet per second and a nominal mass of 124gr.
    .40 – Full metal jacket .40 S&W bullets that impact at a minimum velocity of 1025 feet per second and a nominal mass of 180 gr.
    9mm – Full metal jacketed round nose bullets that impact at a velocity of 1,175 feet per second and have a nominal mass of 124 grams.
    .357 – Magnum jacketed soft bullets with a caliber of .357 that impact at a velocity of 1,400 feet per second and have a nominal mass of 158 grams.
    9mm – Full metal jacketed round nose bullets with a caliber of 9mm, impacting at a velocity 1,400 feet per second, with a nominal mass of 124 grams.

To get better protection you spend more and add ceramic plates (and weight).

SAPI Ceramic Plates (Level III in conjuction with level 3A vest) Features:

Weight at 2.6kg each this is the lightest plate around that offers such a high level of protection. Size: 10X12 inches.

The NIJ 3 level for armor plate protects against following bullets:

7.62mmX39mm bullets (steel core) launched from AK-47 rifle.

5.56mm SS109 bullets (semi-steel core) launched from M16 automatic rifle.

7.62mmX51mm 80 type bullets (lead core) launched from M14 automatic rifle.

.44 – Magnum jacketed hollow point bullets with a caliber of .44, impacting at a velocity of 1,400 feet per second and a nominal mass of 240 grams.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 09:55:46 PM

BREAKING: After Scrapping AR-15 Ammo Ban, ATF Director B. Todd Jones Resigning

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2015/03/20/breaking-atf-director-b-todd-jones-resigning-controversy-over-ammo-ban-cited-n1973746?utm_source=BreakingOnTownhallWidget_4&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingOnTownhall

Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
March 20, 2015, 11:44:25 PM

This is going no where because when over the top crap like this comes up the gun owning community rallies around their issues like no other. Furthermore, nobody republican or democrat want this to be a huge issue in the upcoming presidential primaries cause when the gun owners come out, it's likely that a real conservative or libertarian one will be the beneficiaries of that fervor - which will burn the establishment types and also take attention away form the foreign policy driven primary they're trying to create.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 01:39:21 AM

It was a little scary to read executive action doing this.  But in end the ones who won were ammo makers.    5.56 sold TONS more then regular sales during this.

And green tip's were the big winner.  I wish there were stats on how many green tips sold during this thing. 
Agestorzrxx

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2015, 06:55:06 AM

But let millions of undocumented illegals come and stay in the usa with no background checks. Countless violent crimes and murders have been commited due too this, but hey this also means millions of votes for democrats so who cares ...
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: