Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:31:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1Ths Dragon Miner Raspberry PI Firmware  (Read 4066 times)
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 01:51:33 AM

Easiest approach would be to direct ethernet to your laptop/computer.  Switch laptop/computer to same network and then web into the dragon and change in the gui to what network you want.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pielbeer

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 10:40:51 AM

hi there,

is there any image with an ip adress like 192.168.2.xxx or how can i change that in an existing image before i put it on a sd card

I think you could change it if you mount in linux, I have not tried it to see if it works.  But you would be able to edit the file.

Easiest would set computer or 2nd router to IP range log into miner and change it.   Make sure to make a backup of your SD card before doing it.  But that is a odd IP range doubt anyone has a image ready for it.

how would i do this with a computer, my isp wont let me change my range it is 192.168.2.xxx can change it
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 12, 2015, 11:07:29 AM

hi there,

is there any image with an ip adress like 192.168.2.xxx or how can i change that in an existing image before i put it on a sd card

I think you could change it if you mount in linux, I have not tried it to see if it works.  But you would be able to edit the file.

Easiest would set computer or 2nd router to IP range log into miner and change it.   Make sure to make a backup of your SD card before doing it.  But that is a odd IP range doubt anyone has a image ready for it.

how would i do this with a computer, my isp wont let me change my range it is 192.168.2.xxx can change it

You might call up ISP tell them the router is causing troubles and you want "bridged" mode.  This allows you to have your router instead of their all in one.

But plug ethernet cable from dragon into computer's ethernet.  Configure them on same IP range.  Then go to machine and change it to proper settings.

Make sure to make a backup of your SD card before trying any of this.
pielbeer

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 03:38:55 PM

al sorted out, thx for the help.

one last question,
I can set the difficulty in thr gui of the miner, what does it need to be for example f2 pool.
if i look at my dashboard at f2 it does not reach 1 th/s

greetings
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 14, 2015, 09:06:20 PM

one last question,
I can set the difficulty in thr gui of the miner, what does it need to be for example f2 pool.

greetings

It does not matter what you set it to for most pools.   It will automatically pick difficulty based on your speed connected to pool.

So yea set it to 256 or something.  But you will be fine it does not matter.   Also might look into antpool it has PPS at 2.5 percent vs f2pool 4 percent.
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2015, 09:14:24 PM

one last question,

greetings

Set it to at least half the speed that you've seen it hash (or what it is rated to hash) to be on the safe side, i.e if you see 1Th/s, set it at 512 and the pool will take it from there; that way you avoid the classic S2 syndrome!

pielbeer

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 03:31:59 PM

one last question,

greetings

Set it to at least half the speed that you've seen it hash (or what it is rated to hash) to be on the safe side, i.e if you see 1Th/s, set it at 512 and the pool will take it from there; that way you avoid the classic S2 syndrome!

thx for the reply all off you, s2 syndrome what is that
pekatete

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 03:49:12 PM

If the diff is set low, then the software on the rig may get into a loop (for lack of a better word) trying to submit so many shares in a very short space of time that it crashes the rig before the pool has a chance of adjusting share diff. I personally always set my rigs' diffs higher than their rated speed (as I know the pools I mine on will lower / set it appropriately after a while).

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 07:34:37 PM

If the diff is set low, then the software on the rig may get into a loop (for lack of a better word) trying to submit so many shares in a very short space of time that it crashes the rig before the pool has a chance of adjusting share diff. I personally always set my rigs' diffs higher than their rated speed (as I know the pools I mine on will lower / set it appropriately after a while).

I have used the dragon 1T and 1.5T.  Really 256-512 it does not make much of a difference.

Once you connect to a decent pool it automatically adjusts the difficulty.  The dragons are pretty much set and forget if using a good pool.   They seem to have a very long lifespan (minus the PSU's used in them).
pekatete

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2015, 08:29:24 PM

^^^^ And that is the plague of signature campaigns striking .... basically nothing to add to (not even negate)  what has already been said.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2015, 08:36:30 PM

^^^^ And that is the plague of signature campaigns striking .... basically nothing to add to (not even negate)  what has already been said.

I appolgize if it was worded wrong.  I have used many dragon 1t A1's and not experienced the "s2 syndrom".  I was negating that setting a 1T dragon to 512 really making much of a difference.

I believe the default is 256, and it has no issues at this.   So I was meaning to negate your statement of 1T dragons having as you call it "s2 syndrom"

Hopefully that clears it up.  Pekatete have you owned a Dragon 1T?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: