Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:30:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HTML5 COIN MAINTAINED ANN! gen2 X15 POW/POS, GAMES! MARKETPLACES! MERCHANTS!  (Read 118888 times)
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 03:24:01 PM

Bleutrade HTML5 Volume: 32,915,617.37178000

Actually Bleutrade volume is well over a billion in the past 48 hours due to the dumping of coins into what are normally crazy low priced orders that would normally never be filled. Two low priced orders traded over a half billion coins.

For the record I am NOT saying anyone is dumping the Cryptsy wallets. I would like to see the wallets to confirm they are corrupt. I am simply trying to understand why we have had this massive meltdown and huge dumping.

There was clearly something going on the past 48 hours and now we have confirmation of that: A 51% ATTACK.

NEWS from Bluetrade: "NOTICE: [HTML5] Wallet maintenance. A 51% attack was successful at Html5coin and transactions were erased. Due to this vulnerability Html5coin will be removed soon."

The exchange has confirmed the coin is under attack, and they are going to delete the coin. This means there really is nowhere to trade and we are finished. The only other trading pair on Yobit is BTC and that is little volume. What a total shame. I have put years into this coin, and have had hash on it continually for the past two years to keep it moving when it was mostly abandoned. It was my node that people having been syncing to for a long time, but it appears it is all for nought.

There has been massive hash showing up here and there and in the past few days 100MH has been on the polish pool (today it's gone).

Very disheartening to see this happening.

This sucks, I can provide it with an exchange once my game is done using my finished in-game exchange but that won't be for a while.
allknowingeye

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 04:02:01 PM

I would avoid sending any coins into Bleutrade at this time. The wallet appears to be in maintenance mode as they have said. I sent in a small test transaction and it did not arrive. They have said they are deleting the coin due to a 51% attack.

I will probably  be taking my servers off this coin in the next  few days. That may result in the Html5coin blockchain becoming unreliable.

So marks the end of the X15 Era.

At least for know. I am considering taking this code and fixing it, and relaunching a new coin, we'll see if I get bored enough.

Good luck to all Html5 Miners and Traders in this the coin's darkest hour. Go into the light.
wargo

Activity: 479

Technician

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2017, 04:39:22 PM

Wallet can be corrupted if you have no database directory created by the same run of application.
allknowingeye

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 12:27:45 AM

Wallet can be corrupted if you have no database directory created by the same run of application.

Tis true, and it was likely a Linux version or something like that.
whywetrance

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:18:20 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2017, 05:38:15 PM by whywetrance

Ok, here's a WORKING Wallet with my peers.dat file from (2014-current). Have been faithfully syncing the wallet monthly.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0PgyhroZFsEQm5NSmRMeHBNb3M

Many Thanks to CryptoUnited for the adnode- it's in the Htmlcoin.conf file.

go to your appdata folder for html5 and create a file named Htmlcoin.conf then paste this into it then save.

addnode=www.cryptounited.io

You should be able to get 12-14 connections on a normal day.

I'm still here, and have never sold a single h5oshi.

Best wishes from the Old HTML5COIN Team!

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 05:38:09 PM

Bleutrade HTML5 Volume: 32,915,617.37178000

Actually Bleutrade volume is well over a billion in the past 48 hours due to the dumping of coins into what are normally crazy low priced orders that would normally never be filled. Two low priced orders traded over a half billion coins.

For the record I am NOT saying anyone is dumping the Cryptsy wallets. I would like to see the wallets to confirm they are corrupt. I am simply trying to understand why we have had this massive meltdown and huge dumping.

There was clearly something going on the past 48 hours and now we have confirmation of that: A 51% ATTACK.

NEWS from Bluetrade: "NOTICE: [HTML5] Wallet maintenance. A 51% attack was successful at Html5coin and transactions were erased. Due to this vulnerability Html5coin will be removed soon."

The exchange has confirmed the coin is under attack, and they are going to delete the coin. This means there really is nowhere to trade and we are finished. The only other trading pair on Yobit is BTC and that is little volume. What a total shame. I have put years into this coin, and have had hash on it continually for the past two years to keep it moving when it was mostly abandoned.

There has been massive hash showing up here and there and in the past few days in the order of 100MH (today it's gone). For the first time in a long time my Solo servers where offline late Sunday night to early Wednesday morning. I was away and could not restore them. A good time for someone to attack where there was no opposition.

Very disheartening to see this happening, this was my favorite, and the one I dedicated my servers to keeping my alive. This seems to be the end of the line for X15 coins, the end of an era. I am not aware of any other viable X15 coins.

hmmm.... i have a node running and my debug shows a LOT of 1 to 3 block reorganizations done by the chain. which. isnt bad. but its not a good sign. and recently there were 2 larger reorgs of 36 blocks and 25 blocks. bleutrade is probably referencing one of those two reorgs as lost transactions. there probably is some editing that needs to be done to the code. but this is mostly due to a lack of hashing power on POWs part

edit: there is also some evidence of a second or possibly third fork in the chain. it mostly looks like the network might be segmented
whywetrance

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 07:36:38 PM

hmmm....

h5 has seen some volume lately.   

Might want to see if you can get added to that PoSWallet

what purpose is poswallet for a pow coin huh ?

PoSWallet has an exchange on it which could be useful. HTML5 is a PoW/PoS coin, it's just that the PoS part hasn't kicked in yet.

and will prolly never kick in lol

Can only say- we'll have to wait and see  Grin

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
whywetrance

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 08:08:14 PM

For everyone holding HTML5

There are strong hands holding this coin, and we are attempting to sort out the problems.

Keep in mind 'IF' the cryptsy wallets are unable to be salvaged- the old team may in fact burn the coins & that market on Yobit would likely start to rise. However, at the moment there are professionals looking into the functionality of h5 AND we hope to have some updates in the near future.

NONE of us want to see H5 perish!

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
allknowingeye

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 11:33:27 PM

Burning the coins is what should happen regardless if they can be recovered or not, unless they can be sent back to the actual owners, then that would be preferable. But we really need a market pair other than BTC, Doge and Litecoin were good pairings.

A speaking of coding issues. I have noticed the wallet has a large tendency to bloat. I had one H5 wallet that was over 200 meg and it didn't work very well. I have also noticed my wallet was wasting a lot of CPU cycles constantly generating POS blocks and then throwing them away. It should not even try to do that until the POS block depth is reached.
wargo

Activity: 479

Technician

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 09:23:45 AM

I have also noticed my wallet was wasting a lot of CPU cycles constantly generating POS blocks and then throwing them away. It should not even try to do that until the POS block depth is reached.
You can disable in config file.
whywetrance

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 04:53:08 PM

Burning the coins is what should happen regardless if they can be recovered or not, unless they can be sent back to the actual owners, then that would be preferable. But we really need a market pair other than BTC, Doge and Litecoin were good pairings.

A speaking of coding issues. I have noticed the wallet has a large tendency to bloat. I had one H5 wallet that was over 200 meg and it didn't work very well. I have also noticed my wallet was wasting a lot of CPU cycles constantly generating POS blocks and then throwing them away. It should not even try to do that until the POS block depth is reached.

I'm not in a decision making position on the distribution or burning of 'said' coins. It would be great to redistribute them as a marketing opportunity, but I'm just as happy burning them. Once again- I've NO managerial decision-making ability in the day-to-day activities of html5.

Just came out of the woodwork to reassure coin holders that people are attempting to make HTML5COIN better than it once was.

Personally, still holding onto my bag, and looking forward to better days =)

GL to all H5 faithful!!

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
marcar (OP)

Activity: 251

View Profile
May 04, 2017, 11:40:23 PM

Hello guys! long time Smiley 

But when troubles comes we all come back,  honestly I think we should do a vote on weather to burn them or not, I am in favor of burning them as there is no way to redistribute them, also I think the cryptsy wallets might have forked the pos chain due to its amount.

+1 to burning from me.

What do you guys think?
whywetrance

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:50:57 AM

+1 to burn the coins  Shocked

Twitter@WhyWeTrance
crazyjack
Legendary

Activity: 1315
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 05, 2017, 05:59:26 AM

Been following this thread and also the other one, though not sure which one is more accurate, i guess this one, and I am also for burning coins. Although having zero HTML5 coins in my possession, but in the past I held several millions, but then i have switched to HYPER who is currently in a swap process replacing old, staging wallet and blockchain. And its nothing better then doing a complete purge to clean yourself off from burdens of history.
Grimnir

Activity: 167

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2017, 07:31:34 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2017, 08:08:38 PM by Grimnir

As a holder of over 16 million of HTML5 coins (which I know is not much for this coin) I do NOT want my coins burned.
I would like to see a more efficient and responsive wallet as well as POS kicking in now instead of after some far distant future block.
allknowingeye

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:41:25 AM

As a holder of over 16 million of HTML5 coins (which I know is not much for this coin) I do NOT want my coins burned.
I would like to see a more efficient and responsive wallet as well as POS kicking in now instead of after some far distant future block.

No one is talking about burning coins in your own wallets. We are talking about burning the coins held in the cryptsy wallets as the only equitable solution to maintain the value of the coin.
allknowingeye

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 02:54:04 AM

Are you guys aware Coingather https://www.coingather.com/ actually runs Html5Coin as a base coin trading in pairs with  DOGE, DOT, LDOGE, NYC, and SPRTS?
allknowingeye

View Profile
May 11, 2017, 06:00:44 PM

I checked out Coingather and did a test trade of 100,000 and it seemed to work ok. The Html5-Doge pairing is at significant premium to where it is at on Bleutrade. Bleutrade is a much more healthy market however there is another option if they decide in the end to dump it. Assuming traffic moved to Coingather and trading resumed there perhaps it could be healthy as well.
allknowingeye

View Profile
May 18, 2017, 02:58:28 AM

I see Bleutrade says the Developers are working on some kind of fix, is that actually true?

And what has happened to the Cryptsy Wallets?
allknowingeye

View Profile
May 19, 2017, 05:39:54 AM

Why is there no communication, and no answers here. This is a sick joke, and not how a community is supposed to run.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: