Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:34:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's the end 2013 - Pirate has cut and run along with his shills - Discuss  (Read 1723 times)
mem (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:14:51 AM
Last edit: August 01, 2012, 07:45:07 AM by mem

What do you do ?
I laugh and regret not being part of the long con.

Also in this future BFL's ASICs were everything they claimed and BFL is a model of efficiency when it comes to delivering customers orders.

"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:33:07 AM

What do you do ?

Also in this future BFL's ASICs were everything they claimed and BFL is a model of efficiency when it comes to delivering customers orders.

I will have dumped most of my profits from pirate into asics and will be a happy camper.  I've already taken more out than I put in.  Also, I will probably delete this post soon since I don't want to be trapped in another FUDStorm.

And yes, I've copyrighted that term.  If you use it, please send 0.001 BTC to my signature address.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 05:37:53 AM

What do you do ?

I will have dumped most of my profits from pirate into asics and will be a happy camper.  I've already taken more out than I put in.  Also, I will probably delete this post soon since I don't want to be trapped in another FUDStorm.

And yes, I've copyrighted that term.  If you use it, please send 0.001 BTC to my signature address.

I think FUDStorm has prior usage but good luck with that Wink

My prediction is we see a 2nd wave of cons, crowd sourcing funds for bounty hunters lawyers etc etc to bring in pirate (pirate will be organizing the funds under a new identify).

RoloTonyBrownTown

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:05:17 AM

Can we say late 2013 please?  Just so we can also laugh at Vandroiy some more? Smiley

mem (OP)

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:42:54 AM

Can we say late 2013 please?  Just so we can also laugh at Vandroiy some more? Smiley

Sure, we are just speculating / pissing in the wind with open mouths here Smiley

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:51:02 AM

Sure, we are just speculating / pissing in the wind with open mouths here Smiley

Yum!

Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 01:58:30 PM

At least by then his rates will have gone down or he'd have liabilities in excess of all the bitcoins that will ever be in circulation, and from where I'm sitting from that wouldn't be very sustainable  Tongue

Bet people would still "invest" in pass-throughs though  Cheesy

Me personally? I just regret not starting something like this myself - right now he's totally free to cut and run with over a million dollars  Cheesy
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:09:34 PM

Me personally? I just regret not starting something like this myself - right now he's totally free to cut and run with over a million dollars  Cheesy
In the big picture, that really isn't much money. If I were entrusted with others' money, it would require much more than several millions to make me cut and run.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Shadow383

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:15:27 PM

In the big picture, that really isn't much money. If I were entrusted with others' money, it would require much more than several millions to make me cut and run.
Well the amount owed to bitcoinmax alone is >$1 million.
So total pirate exposure on the forums, including people's personal accounts, all the GLBSE instruments etc must be at least a few million dollars.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 02:55:22 PM

What if you knew that you could just start this up again year after year, thus making one million tax-free dollars per year?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 03:57:00 PM

What do you do ?

I would have to take my end of the bargain and publish a fake paper on the Riemann Hypothesis. Other than that I would probably buy the devices up for pennies on the dollar after BTC prices crashed to sub USD.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:07:01 PM

What if you knew that you could just start this up again year after year, thus making one million tax-free dollars per year?

What if we knew what he looked like and where he lives?  What if we knew about a minor run-in with a specific police department?  He would have to go on the run, and if he tried again he wouldn't be able to provide anywhere near the level of information that he has currently.

Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:30:55 PM

What if we knew what he looked like and where he lives?  What if we knew about a minor run-in with a specific police department?  He would have to go on the run, and if he tried again he wouldn't be able to provide anywhere near the level of information that he has currently.
With a million dollars, it costs practically nothing to buy a new identity with a full background. The only problem is getting that first million, and he has.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 04:35:45 PM

With a million dollars, it costs practically nothing to buy a new identity with a full background. The only problem is getting that first million, and he has.

Is there some clues on whatever he cashed out enough BTC for USD? Or how else did he obtain it?
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:40:46 PM

end 2013? Then we have still a long time to party at 3300%. Bring back the punch bowl!

BTW I would bet that the euro will cess to exist as it is before that date.
What a world of pyramids of ponzis we are in.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:43:36 PM

So you mean to tell me that all this patriot act bullshit is just creating a hassle for innocent people and not doing a damn thing against criminals?  Damn you George Bush.

You're right, but I'm not sure pirate's so unattached that he can just drop his current life.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:11:16 PM

Damn it... I forgot to delete my first post and got sucked in Sad.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 06:39:15 PM

People still waiting for the ASIC.
You have to pretend BFLs claim work out.
notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 06:41:54 PM

Yep.  If there is a rule laid out in the OP, you have to follow it or risk being moderated.

thebaron

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 09:12:56 PM

Yep.  If there is a rule laid out in the OP, you have to follow it or risk being moderated.

I apologize, I never saw any guideline for such. I just figured in off-topic anything goes.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: