Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:38:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] Nyancat Financial: Your Friend for Life (see post #2 for FAQ)  (Read 17769 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:00:46 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2012, 03:22:54 PM by usagi

[GLBSE] Nyancat Financial: Your Friend for Life (see post #2 for FAQ)
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lobstertorch

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:03:13 PM

So why is there a ticker for NYAN? Will it pay any sort of dividend?
LuciusDeBeers

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:11:04 PM

Dividends will be paid weekly.
Lobstertorch

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:12:57 PM

But what dividend does NYAN pay?

NYAN = Huh
NYAN.A = 0.01
NYAN.B = 0.02 + leftover from NYAN.A
NYAN.C = high risk 0.07+
LuciusDeBeers

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:15:04 PM

But what dividend does NYAN pay?

NYAN = Huh
NYAN.A = 0.01
NYAN.B = 0.02 + leftover from NYAN.A
NYAN.C = high risk 0.07+
The profit from "various financial services for our customers including bitcoin deposit accounts, bitcoin brokerage services, bitcoin securities, bitcoin trusts, and bitcoin loans."
Lobstertorch

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:42:40 PM

Yes. NYAN will pay the dividends it receives from holding NYAN.A, NYAN.B, and NYAN.C. CPA will seed NYAN A, B and C with 500 bitcoins each, and A, B and C will transfer 500 shares each to NYAN, and NYAN will transfer 1500 shares to CPA.

So in short there will be no management fee for NYAN since the management fee will be taken by the holders of CPA as CPA will own 100% of NYAN.

Then we will sell shares into the market. We are doing it this way to show we have a stable business model. In short, even if no one buys any shares we will still make money. this business is not dependant on investor capital.

Thanks for clearing that up for me!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 01:07:33 PM

I think the winning strategy is to invest in CPA  Smiley

Lobstertorch

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 02:52:31 PM

No one is buying :O, I was expecting more nyan.c snatching initially.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2012, 02:58:18 PM

We are reaching saturation point and the recent upsurge in bitcoin price is also affecting share sales. People wont buy shares when they get better returns simply holding bitcoins. In a way buying shares is shorting bitcoin.

Francesco

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2012, 11:11:26 PM

3. NYAN.B: Proven bitcoin-only businesses which are not mining, and not pirate.

Nyancat Financial Balanced Risk Fund            

Exchange: GLBSE            

Ticker: NYAN.B            

(*5-day avg.)      (*5-day avg.)   

Holding   Units   Book Value   Market Value   Total (Book)   Total (Market*)   %

YARR   300   1.5   1.5   450   450   81.45%

TEEK.B   20   1   1   20   20   3.62%

BDT   30   1.1   1.05   33   31.5   5.70%

PPT.DIV   100   0.5   0.5   50   50   9.05%

Huh
 maybe we have a different definition of "Pirate"?

(TEEK.B is exposed to Pirate. No need to comment PPT.DIV. And I know Yarr is unsured by the wondeful CPA, but the value will still be cut from 1.5 down to 1.0 by a default as far as I know)
Frankie

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 03:18:38 AM

We are reaching saturation point and the recent upsurge in bitcoin price is also affecting share sales. People wont buy shares when they get better returns simply holding bitcoins. In a way buying shares is shorting bitcoin.

I thought it was just because OP, who is trying to sell off YARR with fuzzy math, comes off as flaky.
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 06:32:19 AM

Nearly all of NYAN's investments are bitcoin only and do not involve USD, the rising price should not make it any less attractive.

I thought it was just because OP, who is trying to sell off YARR with fuzzy math, comes off as flaky.
This is more likely.  Additionally, I suspect that many buyers are scared off by the complexity of the securities offered.  It is hard to tell which, if any, are a good deal.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 06:34:59 AM

Yarr and CPA have always paid out when they said they would which is all that counts imo.

I  picked up some NYAN.C just to "C" how it goes  Smiley

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 06:40:54 AM

Nearly all of NYAN's investments are bitcoin only and do not involve USD, the rising price should not make it any less attractive.

This is more likely.  Additionally, I suspect that many buyers are scared off by the complexity of the securities offered.  It is hard to tell which, if any, are a good deal.

If pirate defaults you still get earnings from A and B which means the entire market or bitcoin itself would need to collapse for C to go to 0 value. The excess profits from A and B trickle down to C. As long as theres no pirate default you get both pirate profits and trickle down profits from A and B. Which explains the possibility of getting 9-10% profits on C.

This is why I took the small pirate holding I had elsewhere and bought in.

alexanderanon

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2012, 09:42:18 AM

If pirate defaults you still get earnings from A and B which means the entire market or bitcoin itself would need to collapse for C to go to 0 value. The excess profits from A and B trickle down to C. As long as theres no pirate default you get both pirate profits and trickle down profits from A and B. Which explains the possibility of getting 9-10% profits on C.

Wait, what? If you have 100 coins to invest in A,B,C, A being 1-2%, B being 2-3%, and C being pirate's 7%, the most you can get is 7% by going all in on C. You can't get 9-10% by "adding" excess A/B profits. Please explain.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 09:53:53 AM

Wait, what? If you have 100 coins to invest in A,B,C, A being 1-2%, B being 2-3%, and C being pirate's 7%, the most you can get is 7% by going all in on C. You can't get 9-10% by "adding" excess A/B profits. Please explain.

NYAN.C will be paid whatever isn't paid to NYAN.A and NYAN.B

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2012, 10:12:13 AM

Bingo.

The funny thing is, even if pirate collapses, NYAN.C will pay about as much as A or B.... more or less... It's the emergent properties of this fund which make it so attractive, and not the stated goals.

FWIW, look at what I did. I created an overly complex security based on derivatives, credit default swaps and collateralized debt obligations, transferred all the shares to myself, and gave myself 100% ownership. Do you think this is set up to fail? Smiley I'm banking on being able to buy up as many shares as I can before the public catches on...

shhh dont tell them lol

What you have done is as far from flaky as you can get.

AngryCatfish

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 01:14:46 PM

Just wondering, why don't you verify more things running so many securities on GLBSE?

I do find them all interesting and different. Will likely move a few bitcoins out of my PPT and pick up some "C"s, it pays more then PPT and it's not entirely pirate backed.
556j

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 05, 2012, 08:32:43 PM

Yup a real killer. There's only 7 different vendors selling them for btc on silk road.
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 05, 2012, 10:39:15 PM

Yup a real killer. There's only 7 different vendors selling them for btc on silk road.

You dont understand the glbse verification process  Smiley

You cant simply send an ID and get verified  there are extra ways on top they use to verify its you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  All
  Print  

Jump to: