Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:42:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [GLBSE] Nyancat Financial: Your Friend for Life (see post #2 for FAQ)  (Read 17769 times)
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 18, 2012, 09:29:24 PM

Why are you paying out to NYAN.B, let alone NYAN.C at all, until the NAV is repaired to 1?

By paying out dividends instead of retaining and rebuilding the NAV you are incentivizing investors to get the return of NYAN.C without bearing the appropriate amount of risk by redistributing the return that should be accuring to A & B in the form of retained earnings contained implicitly in the NYAN.C NAV. Not only does this introduce moral hazard but is also unfair and may constitute a breach of the implied terms of the NYAN group's purpose.

Only NYAN.A should be guaranteed dividends because it is guaranteed by CPA. NYAN.B should not be paying out dividends if its NAV is less than 1.

Well said.

Well said.

Well said! Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sunnankar
Legendary

Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2012, 11:25:57 PM

So, what, if anything, is going to get well done?

TiuraZ

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:26:33 AM

So, what, if anything, is going to get well done?

Now that made me hungry  Tongue
jackmaninov

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 08:32:58 AM

the market acts like a fag and it's shit's retarded.

Hear, hear.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:19:30 AM

Why 'NYAN'? Doesn't sound very legit :??
k3t3r

Activity: 183

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 09:31:00 AM

And now, for those of you have read this far....

I would like to present usagi's rules for NOT losing money investing in bitcoin. Please, please, please, consider what I have to say very carefully.

---> Usagi's 10 commandments for investing on your own in the Bitcoin Stock Market <---
---> Examine every stock in your portfolio, and every stock you feel like investing and ask yourself the following questions: <---

1. Has it paid regular dividends at least six times or has it been in operation longer than six months?
YES: BUY
NO: SELL

2. Does it charge more than 10% in management fees, have more than 20% in growth or maintenance fees, or does it take growth or management fees out of money allotted to dividends?
YES: SELL
NO: BUY

3. Does this security pay more than 1% a week (and is NOT a FPGA or ASIC miner?)
Yes: SELL
No: BUY

4. Does the discussion thread or contract explain what it invests in or what it's business model is?
Yes: BUY
No: SELL

5. Is it a personal loan or high risk pass-through, or is it provided on a "best-efforts" basis?
Yes: SELL
No: BUY

6. If it is a fund, has the fund manager failed to beat the market? (I.E. for a mining fund, have they lost more than 60% over the past 3 months?)

7. For mining companies or bonds, is it a fixed-rate mHash per share?
YES: HOLD AND REINVEST PROFITS INTO NON-DETERMINISTIC COMPANIES

8. Do you have more than 10% of your money in any one company?

9. Did you buy it because the price went UP or DOWN recently?
YES: DO SOME RESEARCH INTO THE COMPANY FIRST
NO: THEN YOU MUST HAVE DONE SOME RESEARCH ALREADY AND ARE CONFIDENT IN YOUR OWN DECISION

10. Is the asset issuer ID verified on the GLBSE?
YES: BUY
NO: SELL

The most important thing you need as a private investor is CONVICTION. Conviction does not come from watching prices go up and down for a long time. Conviction comes from doing research, asking questions to the asset issuer, and doing the math. There is also obviously a place for skill and experience to come through and push and help you succeed here. Investing isn't easy. So there is one more question, the bonus question.

BONUS. Did I invest without doing honest research into what I am investing in?
YES: GIVE YOUR MONEY TO A COMPETENT FUND MANAGER LIKE USAGI
NO: GOOD WORK, KEEP IT UP!

There is no shame in investing with someone who has a proven track record of success. The chances you will beat someone who does money management for a living are slim to none. At least invest 10% of your money with a manager and practice trading with 10% of your money before going all in. See who comes out ahead after 2 or 3 months. Try it!Fund managers do charge money this is true but if the service they provide was worthless no one would invest. Or, if a better fund manager came along he would get bigger and everyone would go to him and the bad funds would go out of business.

Ok. I would like to state that I am on IRC a lot and I love to chat, if you want to talk about NYAN please find me on IRC or e-mail me at usagi@tsukino.ca. I will answer all your questions about NYAN.

Just ask. Thanks!

Great advice, thanks.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 10:40:44 AM

I'd invest if I had 0.23 BTCs :/
prawda

Activity: 239
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:21:08 PM

the market acts like a fag and it's shit's retarded.

Hear, hear.

I liked this sentence very well  Grin

Reminded me of "Idiocracy"

Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 12:21:55 PM

The shining stars are now CPA, which has doubled in valuation to 0.0613 since last week, and BMF which has now jumped to an average price of .5901.

ROFL. You bought back like 10 shares of CPA for a grand total of 1 BTC, thats what "doubled its value". So CPA is now worth 2 BTC? Maybe thats even accurate too, seeing the grand total of bids on CPA is a whopping 1.15 BTC. You are the only buying.

edit. oops, I just checked GLBSE and both your "shining stars" just lost 50% of their value again.  Time to buy more usagi, Im sure this will end well!

What an idiot you are, no better than Diablo.
Ilikeham

Activity: 238

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:04:05 PM

Where do these idiots come from? Ignored.

There. You look much prettier now sock puppet.

As an aside, it's time to get a serious forum going. This place is now the trailer trash of the BTC community.
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 02:13:08 PM

b. People are freaking out. Trolls are having a heyday. Losers like puppet and deprived are expanding their operations and now attacking reputable people like Patrick Harnett and Theymos. Some guy got drunk and posted Nefario and GLBSE in scammer accusations. The world has gone insane.

I'd been staying out of the threads for your 'companies' - but as you mention me by name I have no option but to respond.

I've made no attacks, negative comments (or, to the best of my recollection, ANY comments at all) about either Patrick or Theymos.

Normal service is now resumed: today's episode is entitled "The Emperor's New Clothes".
prawda

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:12:53 PM

I still don't get why you guys rage so much about usagi. Of course some BMF went down but less than comparable bonds. Nyan.c went down but less than other Pirate pass-throughs. I think that it is a wonder that nyan.c did not default and as far as I understand it is because usagi managed well.

So can the haters please explain to me, why they think usagi is a bad manager. Maybe you need to explain it in a way which is understandable for idiots (like me, or as you claim usagi Cheesy)

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:21:27 PM

I still don't get why you guys rage so much about usagi. Of course some BMF went down but less than comparable bonds. Nyan.c went down but less than other Pirate pass-throughs. I think that it is a wonder that nyan.c did not default and as far as I understand it is because usagi managed well.

So can the haters please explain to me, why they think usagi is a bad manager. Maybe you need to explain it in a way which is understandable for idiots (like me, or as you claim usagi Cheesy)

Wait so the standard for being a "good manager" is to lose less money than idiots?
Tell you what send me 10,000 BTC.  In a year I will send you back 8,000 BTC.  A loss of only 20%.  That should get me fund manager of a year award right?
btharper

Activity: 389
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 03:38:36 PM

Wait so the standard for being a "good manager" is to lose less money than idiots?
Tell you what send me 10,000 BTC.  In a year I will send you back 8,000 BTC.  A loss of only 20%.  That should get me fund manager of a year award right?

Well, prawda speaks with all the knowledge and authority of someone who's been here for 3 days, made 11 posts (which include mostly him selling his religion for 0.3 BTC and posting #2964 in the count to 21M thread). Combined with the strong loyalty and repeating points Usagi himself has made makes me think it's a possible sockpuppet. But no reason to discount new people purely on how easy it would be to make up said account.
prawda

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 04:24:57 PM

Tell you what send me 10,000 BTC.  In a year I will send you back 8,000 BTC.  A loss of only 20%.  That should get me fund manager of a year award right?

Well, prawda speaks with all the knowledge and authority of someone who's been here for 3 days, made 11 posts (which include mostly him selling his religion for 0.3 BTC and posting #2964 in the count to 21M thread). Combined with the strong loyalty and repeating points Usagi himself has made makes me think it's a possible sockpuppet. But no reason to discount new people purely on how easy it would be to make up said account.

Well you guys still don't answer my question.

To answer the question about a good manager:
If I decide to invest my money at GLBSE and I did put my money in usagis stuff I would have lost less than if I had put it myself in comparable stuff. This is truly what makes a good manager. As far as I understand. Still I don't claim to be an expert. I have little knowledge, that's why I'm asking you guys to explain it to me.
If I spreaded my Bitcoins on mining bonds, I would have lost more than with BMF.
If I spended my Bitcoins on PPTs, I would have lost more than with NYAN.C.

I know that's usagi's point. I understand this point, but I don't understand why you guys say usagi is an idiot. Of course the best decision would have been to let Bitcoins lie around not spend any in the past months (that's what I did, not because I'm so clever, just because I didn't spend time, thinking about what to do with my Bitcoins). But if you decided to go investing your btc, usagi would have been a good way to go.

Besides that I don't understand why you call me a sockpuppet. You can only post shit in the newbie section as there aren't many useful threads. Whatever, you can wait for me to have 50 posts, I'll call back for you to answer my question then. You can check then that my postings fit to european timezone and not japanese.

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:15:43 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2012, 01:34:46 PM by Puppet

@prawda

I will give credit where credit is due, and usagi has some talents. The most obvious is hiding his true financial status by creating this labyrinth of companies that create revenue streams between them and that invest in each other and insure each other, making it pretty hard to assess even though (and thats again to his credit) he does provide fairly complete information for everything except CPA.

Still, once you scratch a little of the surface, some things become clear.  

Lets look at nyan.a first. By far its biggest holding is BMF (another usagi company) and he values it at 0.59 BTC/share.  Is that warranted? Its safe to say he can not liquidate his shares for anything like that price, seeing the sum of all bids for BMF totals less than 3BTC or 0.0006 BTC per share. So Nyan is stuck with BMF which is really one big gamble on (BFL) asics, either directly through the ones he ordered (extremely late), or indirectly through assets like BMMO.

The second biggest holding is OBSI.HRPT,  an almost certain ponzi that has just started collapsing, but still has an exit as there are some bids. Perhaps something could be salvaged if usagi is fast enough.
edit: I thought this was a 1 BTC bond, but its 0.1BTC, so the total bids are just over 30BTC. Scratch that exit possibility.

TL;DR. If asics turn out to be profitable for miners, even late ones, this bond might provide a positive ROI, but only about half of what most other ASIC related assets would yield. If asics turn out to be losers (which I expect), NYAN.A will become as worthless as the ponzi's he's invested in.

On to NYAN.B

Nyan.b's biggest investment is once again in OBSI.HRPT aka obsiponzi. If usagi doesnt get out really fast while there are still some bids for it, you can scratch 26% of nyan.b's NAV.

Second biggest holding is CPA. Another usagi company that is grossly overvalued in his books. Currently on the books for 0.061 BTC per share, but trading on GLSBE for 0.24 and more importantly perhaps, with a market depth of less than 10BTC total or  0.0002 BTC per share. Most of that is probably usagi himself as he announced he would be repurchasing his own shares, and has been doing so.

Third largest asset is DMC. A total fuck up of a company ran in to the ground by Diablo;  currently frozen by GLSBE because of suspected fraud and/or gross mismanagement. To be fair, usagi was given these assets almost for free, but it remains to be seen if he will be allowed to keep them as I suspect they were obtained fraudulently.

TL;DR I wouldnt touch this with a 10 foot pole. Nothing but rubbish, ponzi's and "inbred".

Lastly NYAN.C

This one already lost 85% of its value, probably even more when he publishes his next financial results as most of these assets have dropped further, so there isnt much left here. Biggest asset is a loan (BIF.1YR.LOAN), I have no idea how legitimate that one is, but it might be.

Second largest one is V.HRL, another obvious ponzi scam, and/or obsi passthrough with no emergency exit.

TL;DR  lets not beat a dead horse.

And then we have CPA. I guess thats far another thread, but consider CPA is insuring the above junk, thereby indirectly insuring significant amounts of ponzi investments.

Now Usagi is probably able to keep up appearances for some time longer, after all, because there is nearly zero market depth for his own companies, he can and does prop up spot prices by repurchasing his own junk, which helps him cook his books as for a few BTC he can pretend his assets are worth thousands BTC more than they ready are,  but this wont end well.
prawda

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:43:34 PM

Thank you, I understand this.

Assuming V.HRL is a ponzi and crashes, usagi will write it off, NYAN.C will drop again, but then NYAN.C can be a good investment? As far as I understand with time the ponzis are filtered, the price is lowered and the non-scam investments remain. When this has happened it is a good investment?
But I guess your answer will be that the whole usagi business will break down, because almost everything he has is a ponzi or an insurance in your opinion.

Puppet
Legendary

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 05:52:02 PM

Thank you, I understand this.

Assuming V.HRL is a ponzi and crashes, usagi will write it off, NYAN.C will drop again, but then NYAN.C can be a good investment? As far as I understand with time the ponzis are filtered, the price is lowered and the non-scam investments remain. When this has happened it is a good investment?
But I guess your answer will be that the whole usagi business will break down, because almost everything he has is a ponzi or an insurance in your opinion.

Not everything is a ponzi, but far too much.
Now Usagi can shift revenue and losses between his companies anyway he sees fit.  Its clear to me as a whole, he is headed for serious trouble, but he can prop up any single one of his companies by sacrificing the others. Therefore I wouldnt bet on any of them (nor against any of them individually).
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
September 23, 2012, 06:39:03 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2012, 07:01:23 PM by EskimoBob

You can always ask @assbot, whats going on:
Here are the answers, if you bought in at first day of trading:

Code:
assbot | CPA [1@0.1BTC] paid: 0.00569688 BTC. Last price: 0.03000001 BTC. Capital gain: -0.06999999 BTC. Total: -0.06430311 BTC. (-64.3%)
assbot | BMF [1@1BTC] paid: 0.09810305 BTC. Last price: 0.5 BTC. Capital gain: -0.5 BTC. Total: -0.40189695 BTC. (-40.2%)
assbot | NYAN.A [1@1BTC] paid: 0.08 BTC. Last price: 1 BTC. Capital gain: 0 BTC. Total: 0.08 BTC. (8%)
assbot | NYAN.B [1@1BTC] paid: 0.14081227 BTC. Last price: 0.98 BTC. Capital gain: -0.02 BTC. Total: 0.12081227 BTC. (12.1%)
assbot | NYAN.C [1@1BTC] paid: 0.14837546 BTC. Last price: 0.26 BTC. Capital gain: -0.74 BTC. Total: -0.59162454 BTC. (-59.2%)
assbot | YARR [1@1.28BTC] paid: 0.37 BTC. Last price: 1 BTC. Capital gain: -0.28 BTC. Total: 0.09 BTC. (7%)
assbot | NYAN [1@1BTC] paid: 0.07637664 BTC. Last price: 0.945 BTC. Capital gain: -0.055 BTC. Total: 0.02137664 BTC. (2.1%)

If you placed 1 BTC to every one of those adventures, you are -19.2% or so.
Like I have said multiple times before, Pirates scam also fucked those, who never invested directly to his scam.
Those 6 funds are a perfect example of how badly Trendon Shavers scam actually screwed us all.

At the same time, a man (woman?) who prances around the BTC community and calls himself a insider (quote: "I'm an insider to all of this, and when I speak, you should listen.") makes so bad mistakes, what chances do rest of us can expect in this cesspool of scammers and thieves.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Factory

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2012, 12:15:55 AM

can the haters please explain to me, why they think usagi is a bad manager. Maybe you need to explain it in a way which is understandable for idiots (like me, or as you claim usagi Cheesy)

I am not a 'hater.' I am simply a rational skeptic. Regarding Usagi I will simply say this:

Usagi's posts make it very evident that they have very little knowledge of finance and business. Even things such as basic terminology and is constantly misused and/or misstated by Usagi. Anyone with any professional experience or academic background in finance or business can spot these types of errors extremely quick. Instead of acknowledging his mistakes he continually tells people 'they just don't get it.'
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: