Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:33:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: this forum has become a mess - or STOP the hate  (Read 1992 times)
flower1024 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:46:02 AM

where is all the spirit gone?
i loved this forum, because of new project developments, new ideas and nice people.

but now it seems only scams do matter. everybody tries to hide his ass or try to be a detective.

eg pirate:
i dont know what he does. and i am sure nobody who makes "pirate is a scam"-post does. but why so much hate?
just keep your opinion to yourself or HELP people by teaching them to do diligince and risk management.

eg bitcoinica:
ok i am really angry about that (as i lost money): but why are there so many people (who dont lost money at all) who think its their job to insult people or people who tries to be a detective again? do we really need more than 6 posts with the same content?

please: focus on bitcoin again!
i guess most of us want bitcoins to succeed. a key to success is to focus on your strongs - and not whining about bad things.

^^ please do so!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:48:04 AM

where is all the spirit gone?
i loved this forum, because of new project developments, new ideas and nice people.

but now it seems only scams do matter. everybody tries to hide his ass or try to be a detective.

eg pirate:
i dont know what he does. and i am sure nobody who makes "pirate is a scam"-post does. but why so much hate?
just keep your opinion to yourself or HELP people by teaching them to do diligince and risk management.

eg bitcoinica:
ok i am really angry about that (as i lost money): but why are there so many people (who dont lost money at all) who think its their job to insult people or people who tries to be a detective again? do we really need more than 6 posts with the same content?

please: focus on bitcoin again!
i guess most of us want bitcoins to succeed. a key to success is to focus on your strongs - and not whining about bad things.

^^ please do so!

The only thing I can gather is that people here are small and get jealous easily of others who move faster/easier than they do so if -anyone- is moving faster than they can understand or speaking a language they can't understand, they jump on it like knuckledraggers first seeing fire.

Pirate will figure itself out. We should promote transparency in investments and not support insanely high risk, non-transparent operations like BitScalper.

Bitcoinica is crying for a criminal investigation and until that happens, I too wish everyone would stop pretending they are a detective.

As for the rest, innovation is still going on it's just the summer season for angry bitter old men who are missing out on successful endeavors that they decried as nonprofitable and now regret it. It will pass.

flower1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:51:07 AM

jealously is a problem, you're right with that. greed is also one i guess.
but why is this a majority?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 07:56:58 AM

Since money has a way of making people emotional anyway, it seems fitting that a community based around money could be riled up easily, especially when that currency in question is something many neither understand how to secure properly nor benefit from its existence easily due to a lack of creativity.

I remember when I first introduced the idea of the UABB. It got torn to shreds, but a year later people are begging for it.

I remember when I first posted about the DCAO. It got everyone claiming nonsense about freemasonry, but now it's a thriving and productive staple to bitcoin's enterprise.

I remember when I first posted about the Christmas Special. No one believed it would ever be made.

I remember when I first posted about Bitcoin Magazine. It got everyone doubting "it could be done".  Roll Eyes

I remember when I first posted about the Ellet.

Frankly speaking, this community has a memory problem and lacks all manner of imagination and style.

notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:02:03 AM

What are UABB and DCAO?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:04:06 AM

What are UABB and DCAO?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=search

flower1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:07:00 AM

Since money has a way of making people emotional anyway, it seems fitting that a community based around money could be riled up easily, especially when that currency in question is something many neither understand how to secure properly nor benefit from its existence easily due to a lack of creativity.

I remember when I first introduced the idea of the UABB. It got torn to shreds, but a year later people are begging for it.

I remember when I first posted about the DCAO. It got everyone claiming nonsense about freemasonry, but now it's a thriving and productive staple to bitcoin's enterprise.

I remember when I first posted about the Christmas Special. No one believed it would ever be made.

I remember when I first posted about Bitcoin Magazine. It got everyone doubting "it could be done".  Roll Eyes

I remember when I first posted about the Ellet.

Frankly speaking, this community has a memory problem and lacks all manner of imagination and style.

i thought only germans are against new stuff Wink

but you are right every new project has to "escape" all naysayers (esp here at bitcointalk).

IMHO its just gotton worse sind january and i hope we'll find a way to be proactive and productive again.
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:07:56 AM

When Bitcoin is mainly used to by magazine subscriptions and transfer money to places PayPal would never go, it will grow uninhibited -- even if there's a little use for silk road and whatever else happens.

When Bitcoin is the currency mainly used for drugs, guns and ponzi schemes, there will likely be a regulatory response perhaps mandating that no person or business can accept digital currency without full AML/KYC (i.e.., get a copy of the ID from ever customer that pays you, store the info and transaction records for 5 years, etc.)

that future is only a swipe of the pen away.  I'ld like to keep it that way.

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:17:55 AM

Well that got me to dcao.org, but all I could find about UABB was FUD about how it's probably a scam.

flower1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:19:12 AM

Well that got me to dcao.org, but all I could find about UABB was FUD about how it's probably a scam.

which kind of prooves the point of this thread Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:23:35 AM

Exactly. The Bitcoin Police know it's not a scam. I signed over everything I designed to them and they have the source files. I gave up because the community wasn't having it (admittedly, at that time I gave the community WAYYY too much credit and have learned since then that it's actually almost always wrong).

The point that made me agree though was that I was trying to have a kind of accredited business section on top of a OTC style site with claims and rebuttals and ratings and such. That was what set everyone off I believe. They were afraid of it ending up like the BBB (which I honestly didn't realize at the time how bad that was and got schooled hardcore). That said, mtGox is doing the same thing now! I don't see anyone attacking them like they attacked me for the UABB. That's honestly why it's still hard for me to take this forum seriously sometimes. It's completely bizarre, illogical and bias on most cases to the point that it's impossible to figure out who is a troll or not.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:25:20 AM

So it's some sort of dead software project?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:27:04 AM

It's an abandoned site project, yes. MtGox took the idea and went ahead with it anyway and these days the consensus is that such a site like the UABB would be beneficial to everyone. This tells me that I'm ahead of the community in imagination and initiative, and far behind on PR skills lol.

notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:32:43 AM

It's an abandoned site project, yes. MtGox took the idea and went ahead with it anyway and these days the consensus is that such a site like the UABB would be beneficial to everyone. This tells me that I'm ahead of the community in imagination and initiative, and far behind on PR skills lol.

Just remember we've sucked in a lot of gold bugs and they tend to be a bit paranoid.  They are particularly bad now because they've done so tremendously well the past decade, but this year gold's just bouncing sideways.

Bitcoin has huge potential, but it sure attracts a difficult crowd.  We need more creative types, but they tend to be apathetic about money as long as they can sustain themselves.

flower1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 08:40:17 AM

Lol Smiley MMORPG's where probably the first place to accept the concept of virtual currencies and are usually full of the same kind of drama and accusations. Trouble is many of their basic economic structures have been rewarding players handsomely for scamming and grabbing what they can and in a lot of them you have to pay to say 'Foo is a scammer' to the whole community.

sounds like a good idea Wink

but i prefer: "incentive to do good things" vs "punishment for doing bad things"

maybe a kind of "builtin" auto-donation feature powered by votes on a post?
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 11:14:11 AM

eg pirate:
BECAUSE we don't know what he does. There's not even evidence that he doesn't do nothing with the coins, other than a few power plays here and there. Pirate has literally only shown one sign that he isn't a ponzi: he appeared in public. The hate is well deserved.

flower1024 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 11:17:48 AM

eg pirate:
BECAUSE we don't know what he does. There's not even evidence that he doesn't do nothing with the coins, other than a few power plays here and there. Pirate has literally only shown one sign that he isn't a ponzi: he appeared in public. The hate is well deserved.

uh?
you say that everybody who does not want to talk about his business deserves hate?

sorry i can't follow your logic here.

(only problem i see with pirate is that he is a big part of bitcoins economy. if he fails many will fall with him - but i dont think this is really pirates fault. in my opinion its just poor risk management)
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 11:36:53 AM

eg pirate:

uh?
you say that everybody who does not want to talk about his business deserves hate?
If they're asking for money, especially $3 million, absolutely.

Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1065

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 03:11:00 PM

It's completely bizarre, illogical and bias on most cases to the point that it's impossible to figure out who is a troll or not.
And this where the forum provides real value: indirect education and intellectual stimulation. This isn't rote memorization and sightseeing in the Bitcoin Disneyland. Even Vladimir, who built the Bitcoin Disneyland (bitcoin.org.uk) is back here. Nowhere else one can get schooled both in financial responsibility and crass irresponsibility within the same thread.

Please, if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Please comment, critique, criticize or ridicule BIP 2112: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=54382.0
Long-term mining prognosis: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=91101.0
notme
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 04:00:11 PM

eg pirate:

uh?
If they're asking for money, especially $3 million, absolutely.

Isn't that up to the people with the money?  Or do you prefer to impose your belief on everyone around you.  Oh wait, you're a moderator, so the answer is yes.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: