Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 07:09:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need bitcoin to be $690 to break even.....will I make it?  (Read 26192 times)
btcminer021

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Mine hard!

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 12:05:40 AM

Will I make it?

My bet's on about 3-5 years before it goes much above $300. By that time there may be a replacement, but BTC will be the first, and humans are very nostalgic.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options and Double Dice  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, 1% edge double dice] ↑↓
scott btc

Activity: 356
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:50:57 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if bitcoin really was trading at these levels sometime in the future.
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:53:14 AM

Will I make it?

My bet's on about 3-5 years before it goes much above $300. By that time there may be a replacement, but BTC will be the first, and humans are very nostalgic.

Whoah it will be sooner than that pal we are looking at that by the end of this year if it does nothing then it will likely drop not rise  Shocked

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:57:55 AM

I bought a couple too high, but I knucked down and bought more near the bottom. You should have done that.

You assume the bottom has already been reached?  Grin

I assume nothing. I prepare for surprise bear-raid buttsecs at a moments notice. I have special pants.

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:59:50 AM

Will I make it?

Out of curiosity, how much did you invest?
Here's my prediction. One of the two will happen by the end of the year:

- Bitcoin will be under $100
- Bitcoin will be over $1000

There's no place in between.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:00:16 AM

~$26K

That's what I think too, so I could cost avg down more but I don't want to risk any more money than I already have

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
D4C

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:55:18 PM

Depends on how much do you need it and by when. short answer no.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 03:58:13 PM

Yes, you will make it even faster when you buy some extra right now.
June we're probably above 500, after that it's sideways untill half 2016, then we start a slow increase which will turn out in a hyper bubble to 1 trillion around 2020.

So, no worries.
Sit back and enjoy the way up.
maku
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 04:14:50 PM

I bought a couple too high, but I knucked down and bought more near the bottom. You should have done that.

You assume the bottom has already been reached?  Grin
No my friend. In case of bitcoin bottom is yet to reach. I am still amused how - after some period of time bitcoin price can drop to some alarming values. It is just something that remind me that nothing is certain in cryptocurrency world. One day you are a millionaire and next day you have next to nothing.
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:36:13 PM

There was a minor dip, about $17 in the last few hours. It's been bouncing back an forth for the past few days now.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:46:44 PM

~$26K

That's what I think too, so I could cost avg down more but I don't want to risk any more money than I already have

Im sorry but i have to scratch that out for you, since there is no logical or techical indication that bitcoin could go to or about 100$, there is simply too much support under the 200 line to allow it.
And what makes you believe that bitcoin will go above 1k $ this year ?
You obviously got this wrong, since the price to all logical and technical guidelines actually does belong in between. for this year to be more precise. And by next years end is definetly time
for op to break even,few months before halving.

cheers
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:27:42 PM

Will I make it?

No, you won't since you are doing it the wrong way, right from the start. Simple but working strategy - when you see that the rate is falling and your losses are accumulating, sell a small part of your funds and then wait. If you see that the decline continues, buy up what you sold, then repeat. If the rate begins to increase, just let your profits grow.
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:33:51 PM

There was a minor dip, about $17 in the last few hours. It's been bouncing back an forth for the past few days now.

It has been boucing back from 180$ to 270$ now and it will likely keep going to break 300$ soon.
turvarya

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 08:38:16 PM

5 years would be ideal... after that I might give up

Are you aware that Bitcoin is just 6 years old?
In this perspective 5 years seems like a really long time.

https://forum.bitcoin.com/
New censorship-free forum by Roger Ver. Try it out.
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 11:54:04 PM

~$26K

Im sorry but i have to scratch that out for you, since there is no logical or techical indication that bitcoin could go to or about 100$, there is simply too much support under the 200 line to allow it.
And what makes you believe that bitcoin will go above 1k $ this year ?
You obviously got this wrong, since the price to all logical and technical guidelines actually does belong in between. for this year to be more precise. And by next years end is definetly time
for op to break even,few months before halving.

cheers

We've seen you can't apply classic logic to the bitcoin price. Trying to predict this is like trying to predict the weather. But indeed there seems to be big ass support in 200 area, even tho rallys can happen both ways and no one can predict when the price decides to crash harder or go ape shit reaching a new ATH.
Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2015, 02:28:49 AM

Don't give yourself excuse to break even. Since you have waited for quite some time why not just hang on there a little. I don't expect price to gain a lot during the halving which is supposed to be around next year but there is a high probably we'll see bitcoin crawling up to the previous high after the following halving.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 02:38:11 AM

Don't give yourself excuse to break even. Since you have waited for quite some time why not just hang on there a little. I don't expect price to gain a lot during the halving which is supposed to be around next year but there is a high probably we'll see bitcoin crawling up to the previous high after the following halving.

You expect it to approach $1000 around 2020? I think it'll be long abandoned by all but the ultimate die hards if it isn't much, much bigger by then.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 08:00:22 AM

You expect it to approach $1000 around 2020? I think it'll be long abandoned by all but the ultimate die hards if it isn't much, much bigger by then.

1000$ by 2020, is a bit optimistic imo. I just hope it comes back to 600 and stays stable there.

Is this your break-even too, and are you going to sell your bitcoins as soon as they reach 600$? In other words, did you lose your faith by now?
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 09:21:07 AM

5 years would be ideal... after that I might give up

If you're still valuing your bitcoins based on an exchange rate, you're doing it wrong.

How else would I measure its purchasing power? If I don't value it by its purchasing power how else should it be valued??

Exchange rate != purchasing power.

Purchasing power parity is tough to determine, the Big Mac index that the Economist publishes is your best bet. What you should do is look at how many BTC are required to buy 1 Big Mac over the next 5 years (on average). You'll know deep in your bones what inflationary vs. deflationary means then Wink

Thats not a good way to measure PP, you need a basket of goods not just 1 item to measure the real PP.

Try the CPI index or CPE, that will be better.

So basically check every item listed in the CPI, and see for how much you can buy it in Bitcoin directly, not the converted price from dollar.

That should see that bitcoin is deflationary. Don't even look at fiat because it can be misleading...

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 04:07:56 PM

1000$ by 2020, is a bit optimistic imo. I just hope it comes back to 600 and stays stable there.

Is this your break-even too, and are you going to sell your bitcoins as soon as they reach 600$? In other words, did you lose your faith by now?

He's delusional to think "1000$ by 2020" is optimistic. We'll reach that within two years again no doubt.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: