Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:35:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need bitcoin to be $690 to break even.....will I make it?  (Read 26192 times)
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:08:31 AM

patience is the key. and if you ever happen to break even then it will be very tempting to sell, but keep holding it. 2016 will be the year of the second halving in bitcoin history. just wait.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
planetroving
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:25:38 AM

I think it is possible for the price of a Bitcoin to rise again. Maybe next year, 2016, or maybe some time later than that. My belief is that as Bitcoin gets more and more popular, and more businesses are accepting Bitcoin, then the demand will grow even higher, therefore increasing the price. That's what I think.
OpenOcean

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:01:34 PM

Wrong mentality man. Think about the endgame.
DanielT

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 12:42:05 AM

I think you're quite well OP (supposing bitcoin is a success and you are ok financially). In 5 years, you should hold/spend your bitcoins. Or you may want to cashout for some reason, IDK.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 07:17:15 AM

Really difficult to tell, maybe in 2-3 years. The point is bitcoin is still very small and unknown for the average Joe. Let bitcoin grow and the mass adaption will come and the demand will rise.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:07:28 AM

Really difficult to tell, maybe in 2-3 years. The point is bitcoin is still very small and unknown for the average Joe. Let bitcoin grow and the mass adaption will come and the demand will rise.

Its not that i dont care about the mindless sheeple average joe, they probably buy greek bonds anyway lol. It's about the wallstreet getting involved.

The bitcoin yearly inflation is 10% which is too big for the big money to risk itself, it needs 4-5 more years until the yearly inflation gets below 3-4%.

These fucking miners are too greedy and inflate bitcoin too fast, this is bad for it's economic growth.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:12:21 AM

These fucking miners are too greedy and inflate bitcoin too fast, this is bad for it's economic growth.

Write a strongly worded letter to Satoshi. The miners have precisely zilch to do with the amount of inflation.
GreenStox

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:14:26 AM

Write a strongly worded letter to Satoshi. The miners have precisely zilch to do with the amount of inflation.

How exactly, the more they mine the faster the bitcoin will get in circulation. If 1 people mines he will mine slower than if the whole planet is mining.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:16:11 AM

How exactly, the more they mine the faster the bitcoin will get in circulation. If 1 people mines he will mine slower than if the whole planet is mining.

There might be modest variations in timing but that 1 person would be producing 25 coins every ten minutes all alone. It's hard coded into the algorithm.
GreenStox

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:41:30 AM

There might be modest variations in timing but that 1 person would be producing 25 coins every ten minutes all alone. It's hard coded into the algorithm.

Hmm I see then. So there is no conflict of interest then right?

Well i dont blame satoshi, i personally would have liked a coin supply of atleast 1 billion, i think 21m is too few, but then if the inflation would have been slow it would took too much time to become deflationary and people would have lost interest in 400 years or whatever it would take.

If it would be a faster distribution then the first year inflation would be immense and people would discredit it.

So satoshi was a genius for picking bitcoin 21m coins, a perfect balance between credibility & stability.

But this will make bitcoin an investmen currency and not a commercial one, because if the price gets above 1 bil $ / bitcoin then 1 satoshi would be too expensive to conduct basic transactions.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
gentlemand
Legendary

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:50:27 AM

Well i dont blame satoshi, i personally would have liked a coin supply of atleast 1 billion, i think 21m is too few, but then if the inflation would have been slow it would took too much time to become deflationary and people would have lost interest in 400 years or whatever it would take.

If it would be a faster distribution then the first year inflation would be immense and people would discredit it.

So satoshi was a genius for picking bitcoin 21m coins, a perfect balance between credibility & stability.

But this will make bitcoin an investmen currency and not a commercial one, because if the price gets above 1 bil $ / bitcoin then 1 satoshi would be too expensive to conduct basic transactions.

One bitcoin should've started off denominated as more units.

I know it's hugely divisible but human psychology is tuned to certain factors and streams of zeroes is not one of them. A bitcoin has been a bitcoin for a long time. Transitioning will be a bit messy.

The amount of times you hear people saying 'I can't afford a whole one' is rather disheartening. It's a misconception that should've been dealt with a lot earlier.
vvv8

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:07:55 AM

One bitcoin should've started off denominated as more units.

I know it's hugely divisible but human psychology is tuned to certain factors and streams of zeroes is not one of them. A bitcoin has been a bitcoin for a long time. Transitioning will be a bit messy.

The amount of times you hear people saying 'I can't afford a whole one' is rather disheartening. It's a misconception that should've been dealt with a lot earlier.

The opposite of what you're saying exists with many fiat currencies which are hyper inflated. I'd rather deal with bitcoin, then with some currency that I need about 10,000 just to buy a coffee. Walking around with a bunch of paper notes and coins, is 100x worse than bitcoin being limited to 21 million.

At the end of the day, ease of use remains exactly the same whether or not something costs you 1 bitcoin, or 1 satoshi, it's all digital transactions.

GreenStox

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:12:38 AM

The opposite of what you're saying exists with many fiat currencies which are hyper inflated. I'd rather deal with bitcoin, then with some currency that I need about 10,000 just to buy a coffee. Walking around with a bunch of paper notes and coins, is 100x worse than bitcoin being limited to 21 million.

At the end of the day, ease of use remains exactly the same whether or not something costs you 1 bitcoin, or 1 satoshi, it's all digital transactions.

Ok but that will cause exactly the same thing as you mentioned.

If 1 bitcoin will be 100 trillion $ in the distant future, then 1 satoshi will be like 10.000$ or something like that. Then if you are for example a pizza company, are you going to charge 10.000$ (current dollar) for 1 pizza , that would be 1 satoshi. It seems insane.

So either bitcoin will be better divided, add like 5-6 more decimals to it, or the 21 million is not enough to encompass the ever growing wealth of the planet.

Money printing is not always bad, but overprinting it is. The money supply must be equal to the GDP

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
vvv8

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 02:23:14 AM

Ok but that will cause exactly the same thing as you mentioned.

If 1 bitcoin will be 100 trillion $ in the distant future, then 1 satoshi will be like 10.000$ or something like that. Then if you are for example a pizza company, are you going to charge 10.000$ (current dollar) for 1 pizza , that would be 1 satoshi. It seems insane.

So either bitcoin will be better divided, add like 5-6 more decimals to it, or the 21 million is not enough to encompass the ever growing wealth of the planet.

Money printing is not always bad, but overprinting it is. The money supply must be equal to the GDP

There are many places in the world that only accept physical money because they aren't connected to an electronic payment processor (for whatever reason, usually because it's too expensive). So if you want to buy a product or service from them you need to carry all those hyper inflated notes and coins. What i'm saying is that atleast with bitcoin, the hassle of having to carry mass wads of hyper inflated cash is negated.

Also I believe in bitcoins case, there are many solutions available which would make the currency easier to use if the value of the digits become a problem.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 07:53:02 AM

If Bitcoin replaced all the currency in the world, it would be worth less than $1 million per BTC. If the economy (and the value of a bitcoin) grows at 3% per year, then it will take more than 600 years for 1 BTC to go from $1 million to $100 trillion.

Anyway, I don't think that anyone disagrees that more decimal places may be needed at some point, but from what I've heard adding decimal places is easy.

Finally, there is no good reason for the money supply to be equal to GDP. It might be good to maintain the money supply at some fraction of GDP, but there is no way to determine what that fraction should be.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
GreenStox

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 01:28:40 PM

If Bitcoin replaced all the currency in the world, it would be worth less than $1 million per BTC. If the economy (and the value of a bitcoin) grows at 3% per year, then it will take more than 600 years for 1 BTC to go from $1 million to $100 trillion.

Anyway, I don't think that anyone disagrees that more decimal places may be needed at some point, but from what I've heard adding decimal places is easy.

Finally, there is no good reason for the money supply to be equal to GDP. It might be good to maintain the money supply at some fraction of GDP, but there is no way to determine what that fraction should be.

According to my calcultions about 750.000$ (current purchasing power of the $), which may grow to 1m$ but i highly doubt it as we face a severe recession / depression if these central banks print money like crazy.

If GDP will be lost, which will be as if the riots will break out then alot of property could be damaged, so let's just go with 750.000$ cap at best.

Now obviously not all money will go to bitcoin, you cant force 100% of the population to use it, my estimate is that at it's best it could be perhaps 40% of the world population, and thats still in optimal results, not to say about other cryptos that could replace bitcoin.

So if this is true then we will definitely need 5 more digits so that we could do commerce on the small scale too.

But my idea is to keep the names of the units "mBTC" "satoshi" "cBTC" and such, and just name the other 5 digits like 1 "Gavin" or 1 "Maxwell" or whatever from the main developers. So that it should not be confusing to new members, if we would rename 1 satoshi to the 0.000000000001 decimal it would be pretty confusing.

Well there are many arguments for keeping the supply = gdp, which  i wont discuss here, but it just more efficient that way. Of course in bitcoin we can't do that so we can only play with the decimals.

💀|.
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 08:25:24 PM

Well there are many arguments for keeping the supply = gdp, which  i wont discuss here, but it just more efficient that way. Of course in bitcoin we can't do that so we can only play with the decimals.

Sorry, I was thinking that you meant supply = nominal GDP (which obviously won't work) instead of supply = real GDP.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 12, 2015, 09:16:27 PM

Sit on a comfortable chair for the wait will be long.. this year is a low price year, time to hustle and get loaded. Higher prices will come in the future.
Sithara007
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1344

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 05:20:25 AM

Will I make it?
Eventually. Sit on your paper losses until then.
If you have some extra cash, buy now to bring the break even price down.

I do, but I also put in ~$25K into bitcoin in the last year, which is a lot already, should I really risk more.... bitcoin price recovering is still uncertain

My advice is to you, not to put too much of your hard earned money in Bitcoin, if you will be in urgent need of your return after some time. Bcoz one should take only as much risk as he/she can digest.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

Feel free to drop your doubts bellow
Report to moderator 
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦       ▬▬▬ ▬          Stake.com     /     Play Smarter          ▬ ▬▬▬       ♠ ♥ ♣ ♦
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
L E A D I N G   C R Y P T O  C A S I N O   &   S P O R T S   B E T T I N G

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Strongkored
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1061

View Profile Personal Message (Online)
Trust: +0 / =0 / -0
Ignore

Re: [OPEN]Stake.com NEW SIGNATURE CAMPAIGN l NEW PAYRATES l HERO & LEG ONLY
May 31, 2022, 08:28:59 AM
Reply with quote  +Merit  #2
Bitcointalk Username: strongkored
Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=640554
Forum Rank: Legendary
Are you able to wear our Signature, Avatar & Personal Text? will wear upon receipt
Stake
Window2Wall

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:13:28 PM

Nobody can grantee that, but I'm sure of that... Bitcoin will break $1000 barrier, it's just a matter of time (1-3 years). In this timeline we'll see a lot of price variations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: