Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 08:27:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I need bitcoin to be $690 to break even.....will I make it?  (Read 26192 times)
Amitabh S
Legendary

Activity: 1001
Merit: 1003

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:31:00 AM

Coming back, will likely not happen in 2015 but in 2016, as I had predicted wrongly earlier. By end of 2015, its going to be under 1000.

Coinsecure referral ID: https://coinsecure.in/signup/refamit (use this link to signup)
khawaja07

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 04:32:26 AM

Will I make it?

yes sure you will make it.. Smiley
in late november it gussed to happen..till then hold your back..
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 04:10:03 PM

Too many doubts and crucial moments happening as we speak. Don't expect a big uptrend on the price for at least 1 and a half year. Later on, it will reach ATH again for sure, and double it minimum.
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 07:03:55 PM

Will I make it?

To answer your question, in my opinion, most likely not. Bitcoin has been hovering around the $220-$260 area for quite a while now, and it's going to take a huge amount of luck to even get into $300's+ again.

Wow, bitcoin surpassing a mere $5billion market cap is going to take a huge amount of luck? It must be a total failure then

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
June 07, 2015, 08:39:17 PM

Will I make it?

To answer your question, in my opinion, most likely not. Bitcoin has been hovering around the $220-$260 area for quite a while now, and it's going to take a huge amount of luck to even get into $300's+ again.

Wow, bitcoin surpassing a mere $5billion market cap is going to take a huge amount of luck? It must be a total failure then
Yeah lol. Anyone that isn't thinking 100+ billion marketcap is just not taking Bitcoin as serious as they should. An app like Uber has 40 billion market cap ffs. If Bitcoin becomes mainstream, that would be a good estimate for starters, and later on, it could reach the trillions.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 07:58:49 AM

Will I make it?

Yeah lol. Anyone that isn't thinking 100+ billion marketcap is just not taking Bitcoin as serious as they should. An app like Uber has 40 billion market cap ffs. If Bitcoin becomes mainstream, that would be a good estimate for starters, and later on, it could reach the trillions.

which is the infamous 5k-10k target that all are waiting for, but i still hope, that bitcoin won't stop there, and get even bigger, i'll not be satisfied until it can be used like any other fiat money, with everyone and everywhere, maybe  also taking the place of one of those fiat
cryptojumper

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2015, 06:21:45 PM

If it will not get overtaken by some next gen thing that gets really popular and will be build on top of the existing blockchain or so.. I am beginning to doubt BTC will reach such highs on its own..

HarryPotHead

Activity: 192
Merit: 100

You are what you eat. PIZZA!

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 03:57:53 AM

It will make it, the only question is how long will it take.
Some people are calling for it to take years, while others are calling for it much sooner.
If you have some patience I'm sure you can wait it out and it wont take that long.
Good luck to you.

Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 02:40:18 PM

Some people are calling for it to take years, while others are calling for it much sooner.
If you have some patience I'm sure you can wait it out and it wont take that long.
Good luck to you.

Thank you.

We have already waited so long, I hope it doesn't take another year or two

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
CrackedLogic
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 07:41:16 PM

Good luck to you.

Thank you.

That sudden increase to 1k wasn't natural, I doubt we'll seen it in a few years. I'm calling no more than $400 by the end of this year.
I still have a unfortunate feeling that we'll stay around $225-$255 for a lengthy period of time.

Shocked BUY GAMESWITHBTCITCOINFORDISCOUNTEDPRICES Shocked
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 08:12:41 PM

Good luck to you.

Thank you.

That sudden increase to 1k wasn't natural, I doubt we'll seen it in a few years. I'm calling no more than $400 by the end of this year.
I still have a unfortunate feeling that we'll stay around $225-$255 for a lengthy period of time.

Same thinking.

@OP
I Personally kept buying and selling daily locally without touching live trading platforms, I got loss by selling coins in cheap sometimes when prices went down, but the profit I got was solid.

If you don't wanna wait for prices to go up, count your losses right now and buy and sell coins till you break even.

Let's say you bought 10 coins at 690
690*10= 6900
230*10= 2300 (current price)
Loss=4600
Now If you have bought and sold 10 coins daily at 2$ profit per coin margin it would have taken 230 days to recover your loss and that means approx 7 months maximum. Anything above 2$ would have been your profit.
techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:01:48 PM

If anyone thought that 1k mark was natural, then they are lost with awareness.

But, by now I`m pretty sure the op, has come to a closure on the price point way before when it started decline to the price as of today.

oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:09:47 PM

Good luck to you.

Thank you.

I reckon it was a mixture of bot action and out of control hype. It will happen again, and I don't think 225-255 is bad. It means we can buy Bitcoin cheaper for a longer time and get ready for the next level in pumps. Next time it will be huge.
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 11:12:53 PM

I actually disagree that it was unnatural, my experience in the auction industry is something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it on that day.

In late 2013, Bitcoin WAS worth $1000. You can argue willy bot pushed it up there, but everyone was eager to buy it at that price and ALSO eager to sell it at that price. It's not like the rest of the crypto markets had to follow the madness on Gox, the free market decided that was what the price was. I can stand on the auction block and offer to sell you a can of coke for $1,000 but if no one is willing to buy it, it's not worth $1,000.

What I fear more is if Bitcoin doesn't catch up the value soon it will fade out of existence. People will argue Bitcoin is still in its infancy but 7 years is a LONG time in the technological world when you consider companies like Apple and Microsoft became billion dollar corporations and were changing the world before everyones eyes in just the first few years of their existence and the evolution from the first dial-up internet BBS to the WWW as we know it was a rather rapid transition as well. Don't forget the fast rise of Google, Facebook, & Twitter as well. It needs to do something to convince the average person "This is what I need to have in my life" soon or else people will move on to something else.

Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:32:52 AM

Good luck to you.

Thank you.

Me too, I don't feel like we'll go over $400 this year and will probably stay in the 200's for a while. But the $1200 peak was not because of Willy, lets get that shit out of the way, it was a drop in the bucket. Maybe the ATH was not natural, but the market cap at that point was only about $12B... should bitcoin have a much higher market cap?

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Dafar (OP)
Legendary

dafar consulting

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 02:41:38 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2015, 03:49:39 AM by Dafar

Same thinking.

@OP
I Personally kept buying and selling daily locally without touching live trading platforms, I got loss by selling coins in cheap sometimes when prices went down, but the profit I got was solid.

If you don't wanna wait for prices to go up, count your losses right now and buy and sell coins till you break even.

Let's say you bought 10 coins at 690
690*10= 6900
230*10= 2300 (current price)
Loss=4600
Now If you have bought and sold 10 coins daily at 2$ profit per coin margin it would have taken 230 days to recover your loss and that means approx 7 months maximum. Anything above 2$ would have been your profit.

Nah, I'm not a good trader... how the fuck am I gonna guarantee constant $2 profits?

I'm gonna hold, even if it takes 3-5 years for me to get in the green. If bitcoin is still in the 200s after 5 years.... then fuck everyone and everything

I actually disagree that it was unnatural, my experience in the auction industry is something is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it on that day.

In late 2013, Bitcoin WAS worth $1000. You can argue willy bot pushed it up there, but everyone was eager to buy it at that price and ALSO eager to sell it at that price. It's not like the rest of the crypto markets had to follow the madness on Gox, the free market decided that was what the price was. I can stand on the auction block and offer to sell you a can of coke for $1,000 but if no one is willing to buy it, it's not worth $1,000.

What I fear more is if Bitcoin doesn't catch up the value soon it will fade out of existence. People will argue Bitcoin is still in its infancy but 7 years is a LONG time in the technological world when you consider companies like Apple and Microsoft became billion dollar corporations and were changing the world before everyones eyes in just the first few years of their existence and the evolution from the first dial-up internet BBS to the WWW as we know it was a rather rapid transition as well. Don't forget the fast rise of Google, Facebook, & Twitter as well. It needs to do something to convince the average person "This is what I need to have in my life" soon or else people will move on to something else.

You know Apple was around since the 70s right? They did not get popular until the 90s when they came out with the iPod and iTunes.... and this is besides the point. All these tech companies you are mentioning are COMPANIES. Bitcoin is MONEY.... it's a lot more complicated than some social media myspace ripoff like Facebook. These companies have marketing and advertisement, anyone can use facebook/google/twitter for free; bitcoin requires money, it's risky, it's complicated, there's a barrier for entry, it's not a product with immediate benefits in the western world..... there are so many other reasons why your logic is flawed. I hate it when people make this comparison, sorry mate I don't buy it

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 07:53:38 AM

Good luck to you.

Thank you.

Me too, I don't feel like we'll go over $400 this year and will probably stay in the 200's for a while. But the $1200 peak was not because of Willy, lets get that shit out of the way, it was a drop in the bucket. Maybe the ATH was not natural, but the market cap at that point was only about $12B... should bitcoin have a much higher market cap?

it was not only for Willy i could agree, but he play a big role in it, it was the one that caused the panic buy, when there were hordes of novices led by doge, that was throwing money at everything called crypto in late 2013

on thing is certain, bitcoin is massively undervalued in this stage, it need absolutely a better marketcap yes, we are missing some zeroes...
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:04:17 AM

I'm not sure man, not gonna lie just to make you baghold. I think new money will enter when the price will be lower and we could get a chance of another pretty big bull run but I don't think will see 400$ again.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 08:56:07 AM

I'm not sure man, not gonna lie just to make you baghold. I think new money will enter when the price will be lower and we could get a chance of another pretty big bull run but I don't think will see 400$ again.

Not exactly where you are going with the above...but if the case is btc will never hit $400 bucks again then it is a 'failure' and will die..if that is what you are saying
that is my view from  a long term perspecive it has to 'eventually' get above $400 usd someday imho.

If you take the view that 'open source' bitcoin will survive in the future ..then price will have to reflect that fact as difficulty goes up from mining along with even the corresponding if modest only adoption as it plugs along...etc...if NOT then
the whole thing is just a speculative 'bubble' that will pop when/if that end point is ever reached and your point is correct about it never making $400 usd again

imho it will make $400 on my bet that it  will survive in some manner ..now that could be 2 months or 12 years ...but if it does survive then it is a lot like land

swamp land may be 2 bucks an acre

ny time square way be 50 mil an acre

but no one says in any way/shape of form that says that  'land' is gonna go away ...'poof' like they say about crypto and specifically bitcoin it all comes down to adoption and price
if indeed btc or say ltc crypto is gonna hang around long term or not.

so my bet is really really long term ...10 years plus .....it will hit $400 again (again my point of view) ..if my main point is correct and it survives...if it don't survive
well..then all the price stuff is moot anyway and if my view is correct in this meandering look at the future if it does make it past  10 years and beyond..BTC will be
worth more then 400 usd at some point in time.

hey even at one time the land where they built Disneyland was swampland ......we could get lucky..thus the bet on crypto by me and others on its LONG TERM
OPEN SOURCE SURVIVAL in some manner....as to price/adoption/regulations and the rest ...well no control over that.....I can scoop up what limited amount of BTC
there is in the world at this time via buying it or mining it however....according to what i wish to risk $$$ wise further (or not) ..if I am taking this bet of long term btc survival

and again what the heck it is only $$ someday when they stick you in the assisted living after taking all your stuff away ..you will only have the chances you took
and your toothbrush/crummy bathrobe and slippers so what the heck take a chance Smiley

and remember " whatever happens in bitcoin stays in bitcoin".... if it does go belly up that modified Vegas slogan will be used by us all ..denial denial denial on how
much btc we had/have or that we drank the kool aid back in the day... (always good
to have a back up plan) Smiley

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
June 10, 2015, 11:28:09 AM

Btc is just a speculative instrument without a real use case scenario right now.
If it will find its place in the economy then yeah, it could probably go higher than that. You want to throw 1% of your portfolio and hope for the best? Do it. Are you bagholding from when the price was more than two times of what it is now? Then something is not going well with your equity management and there are no reason right now to take even more risk and loss.
You are talking 10 years in the future, but do a reality check and think about how many things will happen and how technology will change in ten years. The only thing that can and will grow exponentially in this world is technological advancement. It means that everything you hold today is most likely not to increase in value because things tend to become obsolete faster and faster.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: